IGNORED

Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition

I'm enjoying Super Street Fighter IV and although Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition is a step backward graphically, the fact that it is fully online intrigues me. I heard a rumor you can actually just sit in the game and watch other online matches, is that true?

Fifteen bucks seems a little steep though and since no one is playing Street Fighter Turbo Remix HD anymore part of me wonders if it's even worth getting Third Strike.

Anyone got it? Worth it? Is it just a Capcom Money Grab?

EDIT: I did download the demo by the way and liked what I saw (except not being able to choose Chun-li unless I buy the full version <grumbe grumble>)

Edited by ComputerSpaceFan

Eh, I liked 2nd Impact the best anyways. Had much better music, art, voices, controls, everything.

You say that the Online Edition's even uglier than standard 3rd Strike? How so?

Not really "ugly" per se, just an obvious step down after playing the high def glory of SSF IV. The wide screen options are weird. You can either choose a 4x3 screen with stats listed as borders surrounding it or a short and fat stretched version. But I will say at least Chun-li doesn't have "man hands" in Third Strike ... as it should be.

Third Strike is my favorite Street Fighter in the series. If you like to get deeply technical with your fighting games, it's one of the best there is. Is it already out for XBLA? I checked last night and didn't see anything worthwhile, so I'm guessing it was released today?

Edited by Austin

Just purchased this now and gave it a quick go just to see what the conversion is like. So far, it looks sharper than the port in the Anniversary collection a while back and they have spruced up the character select screen and other menus, so it looks fresh. I'll be busting out the arcade stick later for some online rounds, surely.. Anyways, so far, so good! :)

I downloaded MVC2 on XBLA years ago, but I never play it because the 360 D-pad sucks too hard to enjoy the game properly. I might get this game on PSN eventually, but I'll try and wait for a sale or a price drop.

Man, get a new controller already! Chop that ho up and make an arcade stick or something.

• Like 1

Any truth to the rumors you can watch other gamers play live on your screen?

Yep, when you are in a lobby with people, it will tell you when those in front of you are picking their fighters and the stage. After that, it goes full-screen as if you were playing, showing the live feed of the match in progress. :)

• 3 years later...

Are there any experts for the trials here? I've done 30/55 for the achievement now, but I'm having a hard time still finding some I can actually execute :ponder:

(=> I Have a MadCatz SFIV pad, can't afford a stick...)

I'm currently trying parry trial #6, handicap trial #4 and Akuma trial #2 - any advice is welcome :)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my... I've given up on the missing Akuma trials as well. 3/5 must do, it seems I can't do combos that require more than 3 different attacks in a row :lolblue:

So I'm working on Alex trial #5, Elena trial #4 and Hugo trial #4 currently. Only 15 more to go, I won't give up on this achievement! :D

• 2 weeks later...