IGNORED

High Score Club 9.24 - Mr. Do!'s Castle

Ze_ro

I'm going to try posting some tips maybe today about how to best approach each level since they repeat. The third one, for example, is best approached by quickly going up the first ladder on your right, hitting the first X after passing it, hitting the middle block too, and then wait for both unicorns to come down and hit the other X, killing them both in one blow. Stuff like that is present in every level, so if you can use this to your advantage it will help get further in the game.

TWIN GALAXIES WORLD RECORDS FOR MR. DO'S CASTLE (Arcade/MAME):

Arcade - Factory Settings (Extra Easy to Spell): 421,780 (Barry Lewis)

Arcade - Tournament Settings (Extra Hard to Spell): 240,820 (Patrick Scott Patterson)

MAME - Tournament Settings (Extra Hard to Spell): 332,580 (Michael A. Sao Pedro)

Edited by oyamafamily

Can you record some video? I'm curious to see how you are doing that!

Disjaukifa, unfortunately my current emulator (Stella 3.4.1) doesn't have a special feature called "MOVIE", which can be found on some emulators, as PC Atari Emulator (Atari 2600) and Virtual NES (Nintendo Entertainment System); so, I can't record some video with my Stella Emulator. You should read Stan's tips for Mr. Do's Castle.

Tomorrow, I will explain my tactics which I used to get my huge score on Mr. Do's Castle, with pictures taken from "Snapshot" feature.

Edited by oyamafamily

Can you record some video? I'm curious to see how you are doing that!

Disjaukifa, unfortunately my current emulator (Stella 3.4.1) doesn't have a special feature called "MOVIE".

But it does have one called 'Save State'. Hahahaha, just kidding O. I was able to get a moderate score increase, but had to go. I'll try again tonight if I have time.

STRATEGY - SCENE 1 WITH YELLOW UNICORNS:

1. Go to the 2nd floor using the Left Ladder; then knock out the blocks as shown on Figure 1-A.

post-24681-0-51097500-1315272352_thumb.png<-----FIGURE 1-A

2. One of 5 unicorns is on the 2nd floor. Wait another unicorn (which is on the Left Ladder) enter this floor (Figure 1-A). Then, move Mr. Do to the right and quickly go to the 3rd floor. After this, position Mr. Do to knock out the 4th block (from the left to right, Figure 1-B). Doing this at the right time, you eliminate 2 unicorns simultaneouly. Once you do this sucessfully, use the hole to return to the basement (Figure 1-C).

post-24681-0-65580600-1315272355_thumb.png<-----FIGURE 1-B

post-24681-0-83878600-1315272359_thumb.png<-----FIGURE 1-C

3. Wait one of unicorns descends completely to the basement (Left Ladder - Figure 1-D). While the unicorn goes to the basement, position Mr. Do on the swinging ladder (Figure 1-D). After this, go quickly to the 1st floor and then knock out a block to eliminate the 3rd unicorn which is at the bottom of Figure 1-E.

post-24681-0-52812700-1315272363_thumb.png<-----FIGURE 1-D

post-24681-0-87067400-1315272367_thumb.png<-----FIGURE 1-E

4. Knock out all the KEY blocks avoiding the green unicorns. Don't eliminate all the remaining enemies. After hitting 3 KEY blocks, go to the top of the castle and wait one of remaining unicorns enters the top. Then, open the castle door and quickly hit the Bonus Letter with your Hammer (Figure 1-F). If there is another Bonus Letter remaining, try to hit this rapidly.

post-24681-0-27988300-1315272377_thumb.png<-----FIGURE 1-F

Tomorrow, I will show my strategies for Scenes 2, 3 and 4 with Yellow Unicorns.

Edited by oyamafamily

I got to admit I like challenges like this thread because otherwise I would have never given this game the time of day, however now I'm throughly enjoying it!

82,360!!!! I'm coming after you oyamafamily ;-)

post-24538-0-24078600-1315277140_thumb.jpg

BTW oyamafamily, thanks for the tips, though I wish I had them last game, I'll see if I can use them in my next game. Hoping to break 100K this time around!

• Like 1