IGNORED

Anyone else play the ravenloft games?

Legend

I recently popped in my old Ravenloft Strahd's Possession disc and booted it up. Forgot how much I enjoyed it and it's sequal, Stone Prophet.

I am having one problem though. I made a Mage/Cleric class and can't figure out how to switch between cleric and mage spells. Anyone know what I'm missing?

These were the last AD&D game I really enjoyed along with the gold box games like secret of the silver blades and pools of darkness.

I enjoyed The Eye of the Beholder trilogy but when I went back to revisit them, they were just kind of a headache and I didn't have the patience to do all the backtracking in the mazes without maps. I like The Ravenloft games and Menzobaranzen much more because of their more in depth stories and definitely the automap.

Those were really cool games, I cant remember how to switch spells ATM. I havent loaded those up in ages. I need to find my copies and try to load them through DOSBOX.

My favorites are the Goldbox games. I spent countless hours on those games. The mapping required for some of them is ridiculous.

I really liked the goldbox ones too. I find mapping fun sometimes. Like in Wizardry and Shining in the Darkness. Although it sucks when mapping huge areas and it's hard to decide where to start on the paper so you don't end up running off the edge of it.

I've never played the Ravenloft games. They look interesting. Are they turn-based combat like the Goldbox games, or real-time, like the EoB series?

Speaking of Goldbox games and mapping, I just finished playing Treasures of the Savage Frontier. I didn't think I had the patience to map games like that anymore, but there were no decent maps for TotSF online, so I had to bite the bullet and make my own. It actually ended up being kind of fun to draw them though.

I've never played the Ravenloft games. They look interesting. Are they turn-based combat like the Goldbox games, or real-time, like the EoB series?

Speaking of Goldbox games and mapping, I just finished playing Treasures of the Savage Frontier. I didn't think I had the patience to map games like that anymore, but there were no decent maps for TotSF online, so I had to bite the bullet and make my own. It actually ended up being kind of fun to draw them though.

The combat is real-time like in EOB, but it' a little trickier. Movement and levels are not "grid-based". Movement is smooth in all directions. This can make it a little difficult to maneuver when enemies come at you then circle around you to the side.

• Like 1

The combat is real-time like in EOB, but it' a little trickier. Movement and levels are not "grid-based". Movement is smooth in all directions. This can make it a little difficult to maneuver when enemies come at you then circle around you to the side.

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately then, it doesn't sound like the Ravenloft games are for me. :( I pretty much hate the real-time combat found in EoB.