Photo

New Atari Compatible Console & Controllers

359 replies to this topic

Poll: New Atari 2600/7800 - which would you choose? (289 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Console Style would you choose?

1. Housed in the 2600Jr case, but with Composite output (63 votes [21.80%])

Percentage of vote: 21.80%

2. Housed in the Atari 3200 "System X" case with Composite output (226 votes [78.20%])

Percentage of vote: 78.20%

New Atari compatible Controllers - what type?

1. Atari CX40 styled, but with 2 buttons (77 votes [26.64%])

Percentage of vote: 26.64%

2. Atari 3200 "System X" combo joystick/paddles with 2 buttons (193 votes [66.78%])

Percentage of vote: 66.78%

3. Atari 7800 Proline joysticks (19 votes [6.57%])

Percentage of vote: 6.57%

Console Brand - Would you buy it if it wasn't an Atari brand name console?

1. Yes - its the product, not the name (257 votes [88.93%])

Percentage of vote: 88.93%

2. No - if it doesn't say Atari on it, I won't buy it. (32 votes [11.07%])

Percentage of vote: 11.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#351 StephenJ OFFLINE  

StephenJ

Moonsweeper

• 364 posts

Posted Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:35 PM

"...What ever happened to this?..."

A_Locomotive,
That's the big question. The hold-up is Curt's (the designer's) other project (the 7800 XM adapter) that is waaaay passed the ETA.
Nothing is going to happen until that project is done (latest guess is early 2013...but we'll see). I've been following this thread since the original announcement in September 2011 and I'm beginning to wonder if it's ever going to happen. That would be a real bummer. I was excited about the project.

StephenJ

#352 theredlineboss OFFLINE  

theredlineboss

Chopper Commander

• 142 posts

Posted Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:12 PM

What ever happened to this? Its been some time since I've been on the forums.

Not to speak for Curt, but based on what happened w/ the XM, I don't think that this will see the light of day. :sad: Still looking forward to seeing the XM ship, though.

-Rob

Edited by theredlineboss, Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:14 PM.

#353 StephenJ OFFLINE  

StephenJ

Moonsweeper

• 364 posts

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:25 AM

theredlineboss,
Thanks for the link to the crash-n-burn thread :(.
Got to admit that I'm bummed-out about all this. I was really looking forward to a new 2600 after all these years.
It would have displayed great sitting next to my original 2600. Plus, having a built-in 7800 compatibility with the new XM
adapter...well...I guess it was too much to hope for. Maybe, in time, after (or if) Curt recovers from the XM heartaches,
he'll consider resurrecting this project once again.

All the best,
StephenJ

#354 pboland OFFLINE  

pboland

Stargunner

• 1,640 posts

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:34 PM

Not to speak for Curt, but based on what happened w/ the XM, I don't think that this will see the light of day. :sad: Still looking forward to seeing the XM ship, though.

-Rob

What's really sad about this is fernando martin (a name that was mentioned several times as one of the reasons Curt is po'ed) is a banned member because is turns out that he has been counterfeiting homebrew products. We found this out in the Colecovision Auction Watch. I hope Curt knows this.

I hope Curt reconsiders. There are many people out here that truly do appreciate the things he has done for the community.

#355 wood_jl OFFLINE  

wood_jl

Quadrunner

• 6,910 posts

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:42 PM

What's really sad about this is fernando martin (a name that was mentioned several times as one of the reasons Curt is po'ed) is a banned member because is turns out that he has been counterfeiting homebrew products. We found this out in the Colecovision Auction Watch. I hope Curt knows this.

I hope Curt reconsiders. There are many people out here that truly do appreciate the things he has done for the community.

I think it was "fernando marrin?"

#356 A_Locomotive OFFLINE  

A_Locomotive

Stargunner

• 1,461 posts

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:49 PM

I just read through the 7800XM thread, extremely sad to see Curt so upset, his projects are so cool its sad to see he is leaving the community. :(

#357 pboland OFFLINE  

pboland

Stargunner

• 1,640 posts

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:20 PM

I think it was "fernando marrin?"

Yes, my spell check auto corrected that. Sorry about that. fernando marrin is banned from AA.

#358 Allan OFFLINE  

Allan

Quadrunner

• 6,376 posts

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:02 PM

Yes, my spell check auto corrected that. Sorry about that. fernando marrin is banned from AA.

Really? Thank you!!!!!!!! What a wonderful Christmas present. I can't believe he lasted as long as he did.

Allan

#359 evg2000 OFFLINE  

evg2000

Stargunner

• 1,388 posts

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:44 PM

Really? Thank you!!!!!!!! What a wonderful Christmas present. I can't believe he lasted as long as he did.

Allan

Yep, the Colecovision Brotherhood was able to finally bring him to justice. Or at least get him kicked off until he creates another user ID

#360 Retro Rogue OFFLINE  

Retro Rogue

River Patroller

• 3,442 posts

Posted Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:06 AM

SNL-Fernando.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users