IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Thats kinda weird that he has a box sitting around and bothered to make a repo cart and copy the manual. He could have bought a 30 or 40 slurp cart, maybe even get it cheaper since not as many people looking for just carts and then buy a 20 manual and sell it for 300 - 400. Not a very bright seller.

I think the seller is Ozma Wars or it is his wife's eBay account. There are also a number of other CV CIBs/NIBs up for sale by the same seller.

You sure about that, Jim? I think that's the PAL release.

Xonox' cart shell is very distinctive and I have never seen an authentic Xonox game sold in a cart shell like the one pictured (it's hard to tell, but it looks like the Activision cart shell or possibly the CBS cart shell) as well as with a copied manual (the Xonox manual was printed on yellowish paper. Also, the generic white label is a dead give away to me that this was either put together by CBS, TeleGames or someone with the necessary skill set and hardware that had an extra box laying around.

Also, the only variations of a Xonox game sold outside of North America are the European Double-Ender CIBs with their different style artwork on the box and cart label as well as using a black background label. Some of these CIBs also included the 2600 version of the manual.

All I can go on is what I have seen over the years, so if anyone has any furher info one way or the other, please share it here. What really matters here is that the buyer got an incredible deal on the box!!!

• Like 1

Look at this scam...I hope no one unwittingly falls for it.

Here is a quote from the auction.."Please note, that only a modified Sega genesis controller that has been properly rewired will work on a Colecovision. This only includes the Sega Genesis Mod controller, and nothing else in the pictures."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Genesis-Mod-Controller-for-use-on-ColecoVision-/301232901819?pt=US_Video_Game_Controllers&hash=item4622e14ebb

Edited by Bartsfam

Here is a quote from the auction.."Please note, that only a modified Sega genesis controller that has been properly rewired will work on a Colecovision. This only includes the Sega Genesis Mod controller, and nothing else in the pictures." [/size]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Genesis-Mod-Controller-for-use-on-ColecoVision-/301232901819?pt=US_Video_Game_Controllers&hash=item4622e14ebb

Properly rewired ... :lol:

Here is a quote from the auction.."Please note, that only a modified Sega genesis controller that has been properly rewired will work on a Colecovision. This only includes the Sega Genesis Mod controller, and nothing else in the pictures."

LOL :lol: :lol: He forgot to mention that the special "modded" genesis controller not only works on the Colecovision, Expansion Module #1 & 2600 but it also works on the Vectrex, Sega Genesis, ADAM, Sega CD, Coleco Gemini, Dina 2 in 1, SGM, Nomad & 32X!!! (Am I forgetting any other system :dunce:) Holy COW!!! What a Amazing "Mod"! :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

You can tell from his feedback that the seller is shady :roll:

Edited by RelliK111

I don't use Genesis controllers on my CV because there is the possibility that the controller can send power back to the port via one of the pins. Can't remember which one, but because there is no power on any of the CV controller pins (unlike the 2600), there's a chance that the octal buffer could blow. Perhaps someone else more knowledgeable can chime in, but I don't take any chances after having multiple CVs fry that IC.

For games like cosmic avenger I imagine you need to mod the controller for a 2nd fire button, no?

That would be my understanding about the situation. I'm not sure why others are trashing this auction. I do agree that the seller should be a little more clear and not make it sound like a stock Genesis controller won't work at all.

• Like 1

I couldn't find much on Genny controllers on the CV, but here's a thread on Genny controllers harming C64s.

http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42556&sid=d69cea3e07ce826a566464e5d3d3c32a

The third post in the linked thread has a link to a page explaining the issue.

I also started a thread on this topic a while ago, and Yurkie did not think that it was a big deal. I'm not taking any chances, regardless.

There really are no scammers for low value items on ebay. If you buy anything on ebay, and you are unhappy with it for any reason, you can report it as item not as described, and in a few days ebay forces the seller to accept a return, and automatically transfers the money back to the buyer. It doesn't matter if the item is broken, not working, or the buyer just decided he doesn't want it anymore. Ebay does not have the time or money to investigate disputes, so they always automatically let the buyer win. You can't make any money scamming items for $20 or $30. The buyer would report, and does report the item as not working, and gets their money back. Scammers quit pretty quickly after the 2nd or 3rd return ebay forces them to accept. High value items where a scammer makes a lot of money in one transaction and then runs, is a different story.

Edited by Hannacek

• 2 weeks later...

That would be an incredible way to jumpstart a CV Collection and the BIN price seems to be pretty fair, but I'd have to spend some time adding everything up to see what I come up with... time which I don't have right now.

BTW, what's with the cart & label for Sammy Lightfoot? Never seen that one before and I assume that it's not original.

Out of my price range also. Be interested to see what someone thinks the 'real' value of this in. I can't see it being more then $1000, personaly.

You can buy as a lot or you buy 1 by 1 and pay for shipping each time ;)

Just for you " thinks the 'real' value of this in "

And of course it could be more expensive just like it could be less depending on what's available.... :)

Boxed:

BeamRider new $35

Pitfall new $25

Subroc $15

WarGames $20

Victory $20

Pepper II new $20

DonkeyKong Jr $10

Destructor $20

Frenzy $40

Rock’n Rope $35

Cosmic Avenger $10

DonkeyKong $200

Front Line $30

Looping $10

Rocky $14

Gorf $10

Super Action Football $30

Time Pilot $10

The Heist $25

Miner 2049 er $20

Mouse Trap $10

Black Jack $10

Grogs Rvenge $100

BC quest for Tire $70

Q*Bert $10

Popeye $10

Defender $15

Centipede $15

Jungle Hunt $100

Frantic Freddy $100

Double ender Chock Norris/Artillery Duel $40

Pit Stop $20

Jumpman Jr $30

Memory Manor $80

Dance Fantasy $100

Linking logic $100

Logic Level $80

Brain Strainers $20

Face maker $20

Fraction Fever $20

Fortune Builder $40

Gyruss $25

Frogger $15

Wing War $35

War Room $10

Hero $35

Baseball $30

Turbo $30

Mr.do $10

Lady Bug $10

Buck Rogers $15

Zenji $40

Sammy Lightfoot $200

Smurf Paint workshop $50

Carnival $10

Zaxxon $15

Loose with Manual:

Slurpy $40

Word Feud $40

Star Wars $15

Choplifter $15

Space Fury $5

Star Trek $10

Moonsweeper $10

Space panic $5

Telly turtle $5

Dan Buster $20

River Raid $5

Smurf $5

Venture $5

Oil’s well $25

Slither $5

Dr Seuss Fix-up $5

Football $5

Omega Race $5

Antarctic Adventure $15

Cabbage Patch kids $15

Cabbage Patch kids Picture Show $15

Loose:

Robin hood $25

Artillery Duel $20

Tounement Tennis $5

Motocross Racer $5

Quest for Quintana Roo $15

Tarzan $5

Spy Hunter $15

Gateway to Apshai $10

Congo Bongo $5

2010 $5

Squishem Sam $5

Aquattack $20

Threshold $15

Monkey Academy $5

Spectron $20

Burgertime $5

Fathom $20

Nova Blast $10

Pitfall II $10

Frogger II $10

• Like 3

Actually a few of those games are high end 300 so he would be giving it away at 1000

Well, not really after taking a closer look....

- Jungle Hunt includes the TeleGames repro cart. So the box and manual is what you'd want

- the cart included with Sammy Lightfoot is not the original

- the Xonox double-ender includes the Atari box

- the Fisher Prices titles are getting pretty rare, but only Logic levels would push the $200 barrier

- the Donkey Kong box doesn't look to be in good shape

Still a great way to jump start a CV collection... but only at the right price.

My whole collection of loose cartridges cost me $3000 dollars, mainly because of expensive shipping to Mexico.

And I'm counting Q*Bert Qubes, Montezuma's Revenge, Mr. Do's Castle, Wizard of Id's Wizmath and Super Sketch. So $2500 doesn't sound so far from reality.

Now that I've got more than 60 CIB to "enhance" it, curiously a few of these CIB were priced sometimes even below the price of some loose cartridges, so previously I got a bad deal on some loose cartridges... Anyway the other CIB were more expensive.

Well... I've to recalculate price of my whole collection :grin:

Obviously very few people would be able to buy the collection as a whole. So for doing investments is a bad idea :dunce: