IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Joe, I liked it better when you didn't work for the Russians.

He'll come to realize that the CV & ADAM collector scene is not the NES or Atari scene as far as what we are willing to spend for things. Heck, I really want the Personal Accountant CIB that he has listed, but not for the asking price of nearly $900 especially when it doesn't even look like the DDP is the original.

:o I need that game for my collection but with that price I'll refrain. Even if the seller is womanwithoutclothes :lol:

Its a 50 CIB so I would hope you would refrain. Usually she just prices the expensive games to a ridiculous price, I have never seen her put a game that has no business being a high priced game as a ridiculous price.

Relik must have messed up everyone's sense of real prices these days. :)

• Like 1

Its a 50 CIB so I would hope you would refrain. Usually she just prices the expensive games to a ridiculous price, I have never seen her put a game that has no business being a high priced game as a ridiculous price.

Relik must have messed up everyone's sense of real prices these days. :)

Yep. It's a 50$ one.

BTW, a week ago got War Room from Relik for a reasonable price :)

• 2 weeks later...

It took longer than I expected for a CV Flashback to show up on eBay and actually this seller/opportunist/scumbag has four available:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2715983368571?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=271598336857&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I say scumbag because the asking price along with shipping is a joke and hopefully the unnformed won't waste over $100 when all they have to do is wait a couple more weeks for the official release.

Hmm, makes me want to report the auction to eBay seeing as these are not supposed to be available yet per AtGames wishes. :evil:

• Like 7

I always wanted one...but would never pay $299 for a boxed Donkey Kong.....http://www.ebay.com/itm/Donkey-Kong-Coleco-Colecovision-1982-NEW-IN-SEALED-BOX-/321511176597?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4adb8f3995

But...just in case I ever decide to splurge a bit, how do you tell the real thing, from the replica box that was offered here on AA a couple of years back? Wasn't there some color difference or something on one side?

I'm always paranoid that I will bid on a replica.

You shouldn't report the CV Flashback seller to Ebay, even though he is a scumbag. Its not against Ebay rules to be a scumbag. So long as he is selling exactly what is described, he is doing nothing wrong.

If someone is stupid enough to pay over 3 times what a CV Flashback is worth, then that means absolutely nothing for you. Ebay only bans stuff like selling Nazi memorabilia, alcohol, and used underwear. Ebay doesn't care about someone selling something at a hugely inflated price a few weeks before its official release date. He appears to be selling a legitimate product at a price that reflects the ability to get it a few weeks early. If someone wants to pay that price, then there is nothing wrong with that. However, if it not the real product, or he doesn't ship it for 3 weeks, then it is a scam.

I always wanted one...but would never pay $299 for a boxed Donkey Kong.....http://www.ebay.com/itm/Donkey-Kong-Coleco-Colecovision-1982-NEW-IN-SEALED-BOX-/321511176597?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4adb8f3995

But...just in case I ever decide to splurge a bit, how do you tell the real thing, from the replica box that was offered here on AA a couple of years back? Wasn't there some color difference or something on one side?

I'm always paranoid that I will bid on a replica.

I am sure there are other differences but some of the main ones are the grey background is a little darker and if they show you a picture of the back of the box the copy description on the back has the homebrewers name.

• Like 1

Ebay can do pretty much anything they want. They usually don't like to get involved, and would ignore a take down request if AtGames made one. I doubt AtGames has the time to care about someone selling 4 of their products a few weeks early. The seller is probably an AtGames employee who got a few units early, and is trying to make some money.