IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

That cheap 1 is also missing about 1/3 of the parts though.

AHHHH! I paid $160 for a Colecovision Video Club Package from someone here on AA!

This one went for $52. Did he do well, our did I just overpay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172351484391?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I threw out a cheap bid not actually expecting to win it! As Stupus said it's missing a bunch of stuff, but I don't have any of those things and it included the stuff I wanted the most. In any case I honestly didn't expect to win it, and was kind of shocked when I got home to find I needed to pay up! I'm pretty happy with that price to be honest.

Those Video Club Packages have gone high before on ebay.

You probably paid an higher than average price at 160 but I think I remember some going for higher.

Hell ya can't really complain when you get something hard to get. Sometimes you will pay too much and sometimes you will get a deal. You just have to be happy that you got that hard to get item. I had to pay 800 to get an original CIB of Boulder Dash. Few months later someone got one for little less than 500.

However I got my Math Wiz CIB for 500 and now look at the people buying them for 1000. It is just how the cookie crumbles.

• Like 1

I threw out a cheap bid not actually expecting to win it! As Stupus said it's missing a bunch of stuff, but I don't have any of those things and it included the stuff I wanted the most. In any case I honestly didn't expect to win it, and was kind of shocked when I got home to find I needed to pay up! I'm pretty happy with that price to be honest.

That's still a great price you got. Mine for $160 came with what you got plus the game scoring sheets, the mailing envelope, and the letter cancelling the video game club. I got the membership card alone at a later auction.

Still a great deal considering what all you did get. ;)

If I had not just bought a super sketch you would have had me bidding against you :D

I really wanted the bumper sticker from the same seller as the club packet...

If I had not just bought a super sketch you would have had me bidding against you :D

I really wanted the bumper sticker from the same seller as the club packet...

This is why I was shocked that I got it! I think I only threw out at high bid of $60 and couldn't believe that I had won it! I wasn't actually planning on going any higher! I did also get the bumper sticker, too! ;)

• Like 1

Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 20.57.32.png

WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY??????

You can buy this RIGHT NOW at the CollectorVision website for $50!

Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 20.58.38.png

Sometimes I'm just so tempted to order second copies of everything and post them on eBay, but I'd honestly feel bad taking people for a ride like that. Maybe CollectorVision and Luc need to start posting a few boxes copies! If someone is going to be a dumb eBay customer, I'd rather would have seen that extra $550 go to the people who deserve it!

• Like 1

And to think, this is Joe C.'s listing... you know, of www.atari2600.com fame. The item was originally part of chuys450's collection.

That was one of the Limited Edition copies where only 10 were made, looks like this was #8 of 10...not sure why that was not called out in the auction. Not mine, nothing to do with it - they just haven't taken it off their website yet.

Troy

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-09-28 at 20.57.32.png

WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY??????

You can buy this RIGHT NOW at the CollectorVision website for $50!

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-09-28 at 20.58.38.png

Sometimes I'm just so tempted to order second copies of everything and post them on eBay, but I'd honestly feel bad taking people for a ride like that. Maybe CollectorVision and Luc need to start posting a few boxes copies! If someone is going to be a dumb eBay customer, I'd rather would have seen that extra $550 go to the people who deserve it!

says its on backorder...

says its on backorder...

From the website:

Please note: When a title is “Available on backorder” it means you can order it, but it may take longer to ship to you (2-12 weeks) than a title that is currently “in stock.” We need to wait until we have a certain amount of orders for a game so we can produce a new batch of them before we can ship. Rest assured you will get your game and thank you for your patience. Please also note that back-ordered games may not have a choice of box-style (if applicable) and we will ship with what is currently in stock. Please let us know if you want a specific box style and we will try our best to accommodate, but we cannot make guarantees.

You can still order it and it will still be shipped to you, just not right away. That's still, IMO better than paying $600! ;)

That was one of the Limited Edition copies where only 10 were made, looks like this was #8 of 10...not sure why that was not called out in the auction. Not mine, nothing to do with it - they just haven't taken it off their website yet.

Troy

Still not worth the asking price, by a long stretch, but par for coarse when it comes to A LOT of his listings. Just look at some of his Adam software listings... they are rare CIB titles, but easily double the realistic price that they should be listed at.

Everyone complains when other sellers list titles at considerably inflated prices, but JC has been doing this for years, first on his store website and now on eBay.

As far as a "limited release" homebrew such as this one and some others, i'll always stick with the "standard release" and not pay the inflated price... thank you very much.

• Like 1

I found a limited release for like $180 around the same time he had that one on his website for 600.

Not sure how the market price is 600 when I paid 180. Funny how people will raise prices when something on Ebay sells for big but they will never lower them when something sells for less than their price. ;)

I usually don't get the limited releases unless something is different about them. However for 180 bucks I thought having the green cart would be cool. :)

Still not worth the asking price, by a long stretch, but par for coarse when it comes to A LOT of his listings. Just look at some of his Adam software listings... they are rare CIB titles, but easily double the realistic price that they should be listed at.

Everyone complains when other sellers list titles at considerably inflated prices, but JC has been doing this for years, first on his store website and now on eBay.

As far as a "limited release" homebrew such as this one and some others, i'll always stick with the "standard release" and not pay the inflated price... thank you very much.

100% agree! He shouldn't get a free pass for his unreal pricing. Seems like he doesn't care if it sells or not. Not a good business model if you ask me. I've been watching a listing on eBay for close to 5 months now waiting for him to drop the price on the item, but it's just relisted over and over and over .... Always at the same ridiculous price with no one ever buying.

Joe's actually a really nice honest guy. Over the last 10 years or so, almost everything I've purchased from him has been top notch and when it wasn't he made good on it. We're all victims of self inflicted high priced purchases, but Joe will sell us ultra rare Retro Band-Aids too ;)

Indeed he is a nice guy and has provided a tremendous service over the years selling high quality and tested retro gear to the masses, but should not be given a free pass when he lists items at inflated prices while others that do the same thing garner the wrath of retrogaming enthuisiasts.

For instance, the Adam Test Module that is housed in the EM#1 case is still listed for something like $1500 the last I noticed. Should that be priced anywhere near the Purple Box CV system that recently sold for just under $1900 especially since he does not know the working condition of the unit nor does he have any documentation on how to use it or what it does... hint hint J-F, why don't you share the docs for it already after years of saying you will.

Anyway, as it stands, this test module is only worth a couple hundred dollars, at most $500 and that is even a stretch.

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 1

Yep! Curious to see if it works or not. Need to figure out power supply but I'm sure someone here can help. I'll report back when it arrives.

I have several of these Spectravideo computers. #1 thing to note is that whereas the power connector has the same pins as the colecovision power supply they are NOT, I repeat NOT the same voltages at all.

Edited by coleconut