IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Just looked over my Press Kits and scans that I have made (sold the 1983 Atari, Intellivision and Table Tops Press Kit a couple years ago) and there were THREE press kits produced in late 1982/early 1983 for the Toy Fairs, Trade Shows, CES, etc.

1 - ColecoVision Press Kit (Early Version without the SGM on the folder cover) - this came with the folder and 36 flyers as far as I know.

2 - ColecoVision Press Kit (Final Version with SGM on folder cover) - this came with the folder, 43 flyers and "The Best is Yet to Come" brochure.

3 - Atari, Intellivision and Table Tops - this came with the folder and 46 flyers.

Here are pics of each:

post-25956-0-77637300-1488498206_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-00739700-1488498236_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-21274400-1488498264_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-12884100-1488498274_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1624546963551?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=162454696355&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Doesn't look like any ADAM memory expander I have ever seen and reading the seller's description of a bunch of random key words, sounds like a lot of hooey and he doesn't know what it is either.

This is a Coleco made Interface Card, but pretty sure it is for Slot #2 and used for upgrading the SmartWriter Word Processor for those that had a system thatt was Revision 79 or lower. It was a lot easier to go with this expansion card than to open up systems to get at the ROM chips for replacement.

There were different versions of this card (the one I own has three socketed chips IIRC) and they were used widely in France to provide a French language SmartWriter program. I think there was also a German language version of SW.

A door stop without the instruction manual.

Seriously, it is a Coleco In-House test module for the ADAM Computer and there are two known to exist. There was a manual for this device and a member here on AtariAge has it, but no scans or details from it have been made available.

Not worth the asking price, unless you really have to have it. A more reasonable asking price would be $500?

• 2 weeks later...

Was this a good deal?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/332194459475?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

According to ecoleco's site, he used to sell them for $43.95, but completely sold out. I know an empty Zaxxon box sold for $66 last September. But I haven't seen a CIB in the past year by itself other than the one school_girl_in_a_short_dress has been trying to get $500 from for the past year.

[...] I haven't seen a CIB in the past year by itself other than the one school_girl_in_a_short_dress has been trying to get $500 from for the past year.

Mid-March 2017 a sealed CIB of this sold on eBay. I'm relatively certain at least one other standalone CIB sale was transacted on eBay in the past year, not counting any of those mentioned in this sub-thread.

Not a bad price relatively speaking. They aren't that common to find and anytime you can prevent school girl from getting another to flip that's big!! Congrats!

Thanks, I was pretty excited when it arrived. My minimum bid was outbid within hours, so I decided to just watch the rest of the auction to see what it would go for. On the last day, the higher bid was retracted and I won. So, I think it might have been a shill bid that got retracted when I didn't bite and try to bid over it.

The winning bid of $100 for the Zaxxon Super Game CiB is a very good price especially considering that these can no longer be easily acquired thru eColeco.

I didn't look at the pictures, but if the condition of everything is very good to excellent, I would place a value on it of $150-$200. A lot of people want these arcade cabinet boxes for their collections... even people who don't collect for the CV and/or Adam.

Mid-March 2017 a sealed CIB of this sold on eBay. I'm relatively certain at least one other standalone CIB sale was transacted on eBay in the past year, not counting any of those mentioned in this sub-thread.

Oh, okay. I missed those then. I had my ebay search set to "Zaxxon Adam box", and this was the first hit I got since the empty box that sold in June last year.

The winning bid of $100 for the Zaxxon Super Game CiB is a very good price especially considering that these can no longer be easily acquired thru eColeco.

I didn't look at the pictures, but if the condition of everything is very good to excellent, I would place a value on it of $150-$200. A lot of people want these arcade cabinet boxes for their collections... even people who don't collect for the CV and/or Adam.

The box is dinged up, but in pretty good shape overall. It's in better shape than the one schoolgirl has had listed for a year at obscene price. I'm very happy with having it in my collection.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...