IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

I had no idea that Zaxxon for ADAM was worth so much! The bummer here is for years I had mine (The arcade cab box) sitting on my shelf, but I must have moved it (somewhere) when I rearranged things. Unfortunately the game itself became a casualty of my ADAM when it spun the Datapack so fast it snapped the tape!... I still wonder where I put that box though...

Hi everyone,

Greetings from (not so sunny) Belfast, Northern Ireland again!

I spotted a promotional CBS-ColecoVision brochure for sale here in the UK, which I thought may be of interest to you.

The seller states that it was produced circa 1982/83. Interestingly enough, if you look at picture 4, you will see that infamous early design of 'Expansion Module 3'/ADAM.

eBay item # 201946069110 - CBS ColecoVision brochure

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Greetings from (not so sunny) Belfast, Northern Ireland again!

I spotted a promotional CBS-ColecoVision brochure for sale here in the UK, which I thought may be of interest to you.

The seller states that it was produced circa 1982/83. Interestingly enough, if you look at picture 4, you will see that infamous early design of 'Expansion Module 3'/ADAM.

eBay item # 201946069110 - CBS ColecoVision brochure

I have my one of those. I'm originally from the UK and picked up one of those brochures when I bought my CBS ColecoVision. It's a lovely large brochure and well worth having. I also have one called "The System Expands" as well as one for the CBS Coleco ADAM which I used to salivate over. They're all the same A4 size. Here are pictures of mine. One day I'll scan them and make them available to everyone here. BTW - these will be from 1983, the CBS ColecoVision wasn't released until around the summer of 1983, around one year after North America.

post-5757-0-16871200-1497211426_thumb.jpg

post-5757-0-27795600-1497211449_thumb.jpg

post-5757-0-37480500-1497211471_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ikrananka
  • Like 2

Could I get an opinion on this item: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tank-Wars-Colecovision-game-very-rare-Collectorvision-/272713301050?hash=item3f7efabc3a:g:2EkAAOSw6YtZPfx~

Is that a good price, and is it authentic? Sorry if it has been discussed before....

No, that is not a good price - that is an insanely high price.

That seller (originally called RelliK111) prices everything that is mildly rare at ridiculously high levels and has done so for many years. Just look at the other items he's selling.

Edited by Ikrananka

No it's a reproduction made by collectorvision.

Shit - you're right. The box looked like it had some printing flaws but now I realise that's the lighting effect through the plastic outer box. Good grief, plus it says CollectorVision in the title!!!!

I have the CollectorVision boxes and they look great. Much much much more economical that buying anything from Relik.

Edited by Ikrananka

Yes the Box looks different in some areas and the cartridge label is completely wrong. I have one of the meteor shower reproductions from collectorvision I'd love to have the other two, apparently they're not making them anymore so I suppose they're a bit collectible, but nowhere near that price!

Yes the Box looks different in some areas and the cartridge label is completely wrong. I have one of the meteor shower reproductions from collectorvision I'd love to have the other two, apparently they're not making them anymore so I suppose they're a bit collectible, but nowhere near that price!

CollectorVision also made one for Strike It!, so that makes four.

Oh, that's right. I need it too.

For it the box and cart art are wrong though.

I guess it's still Unconfirmed if Bit Corp did release any strike it

I still am not aware of even a loose cart being found.

There is just the order form that shows pictures of it.

So it may exist, but would have to be next to none made if it does.

Shit - you're right. The box looked like it had some printing flaws but now I realise that's the lighting effect through the plastic outer box. Good grief, plus it says CollectorVision in the title!!!!

I have the CollectorVision boxes and they look great. Much much much more economical that buying anything from Relik.

That's why I am so hesitant to buy on EBay. I wouldn't have paid that price...I was just curious about it. But I read the description three times, and didn't notice the Collectorvision until you pointed it out.

This is like when I see a Donkey Kong box...and I can't tell if it's original or one of the repros done here a few years back.

Edited by Bartsfam