Photo

Colecovision Auction Watch

4913 replies to this topic

#4901 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 6,017 posts

Posted Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:49 PM

Please, what's a lab loaner?  And what's a prototype then and/or the difference between the two? 

A Lab Loaner is most likely to be the complete/finished version of a game that was shared with outside companies for the purpose of review. Most would have been shared with magazines for the purpose of having written and published to hopefully coincide with the release of the game. They were to be returned to the company that produced the game, but I would venture a guess that most were not returned and then forgotten, by both parties.

A prototype would be an in-develop game. Could be anything from the very first functional version of the game all the way up to the completed version that would be ready for  beta testing.

#4902 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 6,017 posts

Posted Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:50 PM

I did not realize that Coleco released software for both the ATARI and Commodore 64 computers on a two sided 5.25 inch disk (Flippy floppy with one side for ATARI computers and the other side for Commodore 64 computers).  

Here is a EBAY auction for the game Wargames. What other software was released for the ATARI computers and Commodore 64 computers by Coleco?

https://www.ebay.com...ksid=m570.l1313

WarGames was the only one.

#4903 Swami OFFLINE  

Swami

Stargunner

• 1,851 posts

Posted Wed Aug 8, 2018 11:19 AM

Forget about the crazy price, is this item real or fake? Did this originally come in a jewel case with a cart made in Germany? Frontline for SCE

https://www.ebay.com..._from=R40&rt=nc

#4904 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• 7,952 posts

Posted Wed Aug 8, 2018 11:51 AM

Forget about the crazy price, is this item real or fake? Did this originally come in a jewel case with a cart made in Germany? Frontline for SCE

https://www.ebay.com..._from=R40&rt=nc

Yes, it's legit. Check out the packaging picture of this game on teampixelboy.com for confirmation.

#4905 Swami OFFLINE  

Swami

Stargunner

• 1,851 posts

Posted Wed Aug 8, 2018 11:55 AM

Yes, it's legit. Check out the packaging picture of this game on teampixelboy.com for confirmation.

Okay thanks. I wasnt around until long after this was released. Ive amassed 57 ColecoVision home brews in the last two years, though.

#4906 Jaymiester OFFLINE  

Jaymiester

Moonsweeper

• 491 posts

Posted Wed Aug 8, 2018 12:16 PM

Ebay has a 15% off everything coupon good for today only.... if anyones looking for a particular item, the coupon code is:

PRONTO15

#4907 slab0meat OFFLINE  

slab0meat

Stargunner

• 1,565 posts

Posted Wed Aug 8, 2018 2:03 PM

That's a lot saved off the $399!

#4908 Jaymiester OFFLINE  

Jaymiester

Moonsweeper

• 491 posts

Posted Wed Aug 8, 2018 4:49 PM

Yup, $60 buy my math. It sold already, hope the buyer knew about the coupon.

#4909 Swami OFFLINE  

Swami

Stargunner

• 1,851 posts

Posted Wed Aug 8, 2018 5:24 PM

Yup, $60 buy my math. It sold already, hope the buyer knew about the coupon.

It's something that hacks are up there with original and recreated arcade homebrew games, although this hack comes with overlays.

#4910 slab0meat OFFLINE  

slab0meat

Stargunner

• 1,565 posts

Posted Thu Aug 9, 2018 8:37 AM

Maybe I can put my Princess Quest up and ask for $981.23.. it just might sell.

#4911 Neogeoman OFFLINE  

Neogeoman

Star Raider

• 63 posts

Posted Thu Aug 9, 2018 6:24 PM

15% Ebay coupon off EVERYTHING is a great coupon but if I'm correct the seller gets full price for the game and Ebay eats the 15% which in this case would be $60. So the buyer wins by getting a nice discount and the seller wins by getting his asking price

#4912 HDTV1080P OFFLINE  

HDTV1080P

Dragonstomper

• 666 posts

Posted Thu Aug 9, 2018 6:45 PM

15% Ebay coupon off EVERYTHING is a great coupon but if I'm correct the seller gets full price for the game and Ebay eats the 15% which in this case would be $60. So the buyer wins by getting a nice discount and the seller wins by getting his asking price

Don't forget with the 5% PAYPAL fees on top of the 15% EBAY fees the seller is paying around 20% in combined commission fees. Amazon many times is worse charging up to around 20%-25% depending on the category. I can see why some people try and sale things on their own personal website since then they are only paying around 5% in PAYPAL fees.

So slow times of the year EBAY well offer a 10%, 15%. or even sometimes a 20% off coupon. Many people do not use the coupon and the coupon is only good for a day or a few days. If the coupons cut to much into EBAY's profits they well stop offering them. Amazon never offers coupons so from a buyers point of view the coupons on EBAY are nice to have for some rare things offered on EBAY. However most the time the coupons are not good for everything and are only good when purchasing from select dealers in certain categories.

Edited by HDTV1080P, Thu Aug 9, 2018 6:49 PM.

#4913 Neogeoman OFFLINE  

Neogeoman

Star Raider

• 63 posts

Posted Thu Aug 9, 2018 8:12 PM

You are correct....with the PayPal Fees it does add up for the seller. I guess that's why some sellers tend to jack up the price or sell privately.

#4914 thetick1 OFFLINE  

thetick1

Dragonstomper

• 553 posts

Posted Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:19 PM

Don't forget with the 5% PAYPAL fees on top of the 15% EBAY fees the seller is paying around 20% in combined commission fees. Amazon many times is worse charging up to around 20%-25% depending on the category. I can see why some people try and sale things on their own personal website since then they are only paying around 5% in PAYPAL fees.

So slow times of the year EBAY well offer a 10%, 15%. or even sometimes a 20% off coupon. Many people do not use the coupon and the coupon is only good for a day or a few days. If the coupons cut to much into EBAY's profits they well stop offering them. Amazon never offers coupons so from a buyers point of view the coupons on EBAY are nice to have for some rare things offered on EBAY. However most the time the coupons are not good for everything and are only good when purchasing from select dealers in certain categories.

Yep I hate PayPal and refuse to use it.  No protection whatsoever for the buyer either.

Edited by thetick1, Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:19 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users