IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Yeah, I feel your pain. There was actually one auction, a couple years ago, that I thought no one would approach my max bid and as the days slipped by and the bidding got closer to my max bid, I began to really sweat it out. Suffice it to say that I was pretty relieved when someone came over the top of my max bid as it would have been a crazy amount to pay for the item... which I eventually got for considerably less.

The hardest thing about collecting is learning a little patience.

The hardest thing about collecting is learning a little patience.

I agree sooo much with you! Patience..... :)

Although "patience" has bit me in the ass a number of times! I'm still trying to have patience on a number of games while the price just keeps going up or I just have never found it again. Collecting is a hard lesson that is only learned over time. Collecting for the Colecovision is far different then systems like Atari and Nintendo where the chances of games turning up are far greater than super rare games for the Colecovision.

Edited by RelliK111

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2907100841081?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290710084108&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

THIS GUY IS SELLING REPRODUCTIONS !!!!

I have bought from him before and he is a good seller. If you ask questions he will honestly tell you they are reproductions or if they are authentic. It does kinda suck he won't put it in the description for the stupid people that might get it not knowing anything. I don't know maybe if he puts reproduction then ebay takes it down or something??

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2907100841081?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290710084108&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I have bought from him before and he is a good seller. If you ask questions he will honestly tell you they are reproductions or if they are authentic. It does kinda suck he won't put it in the description for the stupid people that might get it not knowing anything. I don't know maybe if he puts reproduction then ebay takes it down or something??

I just think its not fair for the people who doesn't know and think they are buying something rare.

I just think its not fair for the people who doesn't know and think they are buying something rare.

I agree with your thought but the uninformed buyer always gets screwed. You can go anywhere for example car dealer and if you didn't do your homework on how much the car is worth and what factors into a dealer making money and you getting a good deal then you are going to pay too much.

But I am also the type of person that looks at labels saying harmful if swallowed and say to myself do we really want to save people this dumb and have them reproduce.

Yeah I am an ass :)

Thought this was worthy of posting. Someone selling a cache of NIB Colecovision games and ADAM Super Games... Interesting packaging. Prices high. Maybe he'll come down if he's forced to re-post. eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3375756f971?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=3375756f97&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Your link wasn't working so I provided one for the seller's items:

eBay Seller: alexfacit1?ff3=10&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

• Like 1

Thought this was worthy of posting. Someone selling a cache of NIB Colecovision games and ADAM Super Games... Interesting packaging. Prices high. Maybe he'll come down if he's forced to re-post. eBay Auction -- Item Number: item3375756f971?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=item3375756f97&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This seller has some really great condition CV & ADAM products... albiet a bit overpriced in my opinion, but he does provide a "Best Offer" option.

As far as the lineup of products, he has posted numerous "Coleco of Canada" releases of CV carts, especially educational titles that were supplied in cardboard boxes versus "Coleco/USA" versions released in white plastic clamshells with insert sheet artwork. I have also seen a number of French/Canadian (English and French languages used on boxes) variations for items like the AutoDialer and the Accessory Kit.

The items that really caught my eye were the Super Games releases of DK, DK Jr. and Zaxxon. I never realised that Coleco of Canada released surplus stock of these titles in boxes and packaging that were actually made for blank Digital Data Packs. They even changed the plastic DDP case insert to add the game name so that it would be visible when insert in this box. However, this makes perfect sense to me seeing as Coleco of Canada made a committment to keep supporting the ADAM Computer even after Coleco/USA made the Jan. '85 announcement that they were dropping the ADAM and I'm sure they had hundreds of loose Super Game DDPs available... but no Arcade Cabinet boxes.

The last item is the B.C. II: Grog's Revenge Super Game that is packaged in the same blank DDP box with an instruction manual. HardHat (Dale W.) actually shed some light on this one in another thread a week or so ago and then chuys450 had one pictured in his CV Collection that he posted pics of in the Gallery. I was never sure if there was any official packaging for this one prior to all this and within a couple weeks time, we have been provided all kinds of great examples.

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 1

First, HOLY SHIT! :-o .... These are very nice stuff!

What the hell is ADAM Market Monitor??

Never heard about this one.....

The items that really caught my eye were the Super Games releases of DK, DK Jr. and Zaxxon. I never realised that Coleco of Canada released surplus stock of these titles in boxes and packaging that were actually made for blank Digital Data Packs. They even changed the plastic DDP case insert to add the game name so that it would be visible when insert in this box. However, this makes perfect sense to me seeing as Coleco of Canada made a committment to keep supporting the ADAM Computer even after Coleco/USA made the Jan. '85 announcement that they were dropping the ADAM and I'm sure they had hundreds of loose Super Game DDPs available...

Now talk about some very obscure stuff!

Coleco Canada knows how get hardcore collectors hooked :grin:

but no Arcade Cabinet boxes.

I don't think the Arcade Cabinet boxes were released in French\Canadian format

.... so that may explain those releases

Edited by retroillucid

...... albiet a bit overpriced in my opinion, but he does provide a "Best Offer" option.

Nah, .....

How many times have you seen those versions? (talking about DDP versions here)

I've seen ''many'' of those Arcade Cabinet DDP in the past but never ever saw those Generic French Canadian DDP versions

I would say, grab them while you can (IMO), otherwise you may never see those anymore, unless someone resell them or even try to flip money out of them ....

Of course, you have to be a crazy collector trying to get every variants :P ;)

But I think those are also look nice too...

Try to Best Offer him -$10 off and your offer will be decline

Retroillucid... Market Monitor was a home business application program written in SmartBASIC v1.0 by Coleco of Canada... the same goes for Tax Planner, but that one was programmed by Sydney Development Corp.. They were released in grey cardboard boxes with a front face that opened like a book, as well as having a top and bottom flap that opened, that are similar to Coleco of Canada's releases of some of the CV educational titles (Telly Turtle, Smurf PnP, etc.). There are VERY, VERY RARE to find CIB with their rather lengthy manuals. I will take some pics of both CIBs in a moment and post'em in a new thread.

The Arcade Cabinet boxes indeed were not released in the French/Canadian flavor, but the English only versions were sold throughout Canada. I assume that Coleco (both USA and Canada) ran out of the Arcade Cabinet boxes and therefore when Coleco of Canada was the only one still supporting the ADAM, they just decided to use the blank DDP box packaging to sell off as many of the loose Super Game DDPs that they could. Besides the obvious box difference, the only only small change would be the DDP plastic case insert card.

Still think they are overpriced, but like you said, how many times have you seen these and when they are sold, that may be it for a while.

I think this seller should look up the definition of "mint condition" :lol: :lol: :lol::rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2510576661601?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=251057666160&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The auction title can be construed as a little misleading, but if you read his very detailed and honest description, the seller does state that the box isn't in the best of shape and that the system is in excellent physical condition. Still, way overpriced for the lot, especially since most collectors will want a decent box with all the styrofoam packaging so the seller will most ikely have to relist and reduce the price.

Edited by NIAD

Just got the Coleco of Canada Super Games variations from eBay seller "alexfacit" and was pleasantly surprised to find that on top of the obvious difference in box and small change to the insert card, the manual is actually a flippy and contains full instructions in French as well as English.

Now if only I could read French! :D

• Like 2

Just got the Coleco of Canada Super Games variations from eBay seller "alexfacit" and was pleasantly surprised to find that on top of the obvious difference in box and small change to the insert card, the manual is actually a flippy and contains full instructions in French as well as English.

Now if only I could read French! :D

Very cool and congratulations! I was so temped to bid on those but held off and I'm happy to hear that you got them :D :thumbsup:

listed in market place too for $60 for Atariage users.. just go over to

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/195601-akators-sale-new-items-0517/

(depending where you are might be cheaper)

If I didn't already have one, I'd be all over this BIN: boxed, working CBS CV with Canadian PS for $75 shipped.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3209127836511?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320912783651&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This won't last.

I should check the Marketplace more often. That's an awesome price on the Canadian CV. It's hard to find these in the U.S., so if you want the Canadian PS you have to pay extra to have it shipped from Canada.

I wish I had seen this thread -- I just bought the Atarimax CV SD!