IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

listed in market place too for $60 for Atariage users.. just go over to

http://www.atariage....new-items-0517/

(depending where you are might be cheaper)

If I didn't already have one, I'd be all over this BIN: boxed, working CBS CV with Canadian PS for $75 shipped.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3209127836511?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320912783651&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This won't last.

Just for your information... The box is CBS but the system is a US.... i already ask ;)

listed in market place too for $60 for Atariage users.. just go over to

http://www.atariage....new-items-0517/

(depending where you are might be cheaper)

If I didn't already have one, I'd be all over this BIN: boxed, working CBS CV with Canadian PS for $75 shipped.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3209127836511?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320912783651&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This won't last.

Just for your information... The box is CBS but the system is a US.... i already ask ;)

Man I'm looking for a CBS system with the styrofoam, I have a perfect condition CBS box I just need the system to go with it :woozy:

Thanks for letting me know ;):thumbsup:

Edited by RelliK111

I thought I would point out this auction because I have never seen this particular mod before.

Someone made a stand alone Atari 2600, from an Exapansion Module #1, with S-Video output, and it's own power supply.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2610347048421?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=261034704842&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I thought it was interesting.....

This is actually the second time this unit has been up for auction unless the seller has made another one or possibly the first auction didn't meet the Reserve Price set by the seller. Anyway, AtariAge member DJPUBBA (I'm pretty sure it was him) made a similar unit last year and sold it in the MarketPlace... I'll have to do a little searching to find the thread.

I thought I would point out this auction because I have never seen this particular mod before.

Someone made a stand alone Atari 2600, from an Exapansion Module #1, with S-Video output, and it's own power supply.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2610347048421?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=261034704842&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This is actually the second time this unit has been up for auction unless the seller has made another one or possibly the first auction didn't meet the Reserve Price set by the seller. Anyway, AtariAge member DJPUBBA (I'm pretty sure it was him) made a similar unit last year and sold it in the MarketPlace... I'll have to do a little searching to find the thread.

Its a very nice work.... But i'm not sure i would pay this price.

Its a very nice work.... But i'm not sure i would pay this price.

I like it but I agree its a lot of money for a 2600 but that's really not the point, its a cool mod and your paying for the guys time to make it more then paying for the system itself. I wish I had a unlimited amount of money because I would get but there is way 2 many other super great stuff for the Colecovision right now like the arcade controller that is far better to spend my money on ;):thumbsup:

$70.. ColecoVision with Styrofoam.. found under search for Atari because it was spelled "Coleco Vision with Atari" etc

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3307204312491?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330720431249&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Its a lot of money for a colecovision that the guy says it doesn't work :woozy:

I agree. If he is admitting it doesn't work then he should be giving it away or selling it for 20 bucks or something.

By the time you get done fixing and upgrading a $70 machine you probably hit or go above Yurkies prices for when he sells his complete systems.

$70.. ColecoVision with Styrofoam.. found under search for Atari because it was spelled "Coleco Vision with Atari" etc

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3307204312491?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330720431249&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Actually, he states that he doesn't know if it works. I hate these kind of listings. 9 times out of 10 if a seller claims untested, that means he tested and it doesn't work. Think about it for a minute. If it works they can typically get more than what they are asking. So, why not test it and say so.

It almost never happens, but when was the last time you saw an auction that stated "Tested and Does NOT Work". You almost never see this because some unscrupulous sellers know no one will pay more than a few dollar for a broken anything. If working you can get $70 for you item, untested you can get up to $50 for your item, or doesn't work you might get $10, which do you think a seller would list as if he knows it doesn't work.

Believe it or not you can actually tell if high volume sellers are doing this little trick. See how many of their similar auction state "Tested and Works" and then see how many similar items they list as "Untested". Now, try to find a similar auction by the same seller as "non-working" or "Parts only". Most of the time you will find these sellers only list auction two ways, "Tested and Works" or "Untested". If that is all they ever list, then I'd be a little cautious with that seller.

In the case of this particular auction it might just work. I say that because a quick search of the seller shows he doesn't normally sell this kind of stuff. Always check a seller if you can. Patterns can tell you a lot. ;)

Actually, he states that he doesn't know if it works. I hate these kind of listings. 9 times out of 10 if a seller claims untested, that means he tested and it doesn't work. Think about it for a minute. If it works they can typically get more than what they are asking. So, why not test it and say so.

It almost never happens, but when was the last time you saw an auction that stated "Tested and Does NOT Work". You almost never see this because some unscrupulous sellers know no one will pay more than a few dollar for a broken anything. If working you can get $70 for you item, untested you can get up to $50 for your item, or doesn't work you might get $10, which do you think a seller would list as if he knows it doesn't work.

Believe it or not you can actually tell if high volume sellers are doing this little trick. See how many of their similar auction state "Tested and Works" and then see how many similar items they list as "Untested". Now, try to find a similar auction by the same seller as "non-working" or "Parts only". Most of the time you will find these sellers only list auction two ways, "Tested and Works" or "Untested". If that is all they ever list, then I'd be a little cautious with that seller.

In the case of this particular auction it might just work. I say that because a quick search of the seller shows he doesn't normally sell this kind of stuff. Always check a seller if you can. Patterns can tell you a lot. ;)

The thing is the seller has everything he needs to test it, so why not test it? I think its a non working system, but with ebays return policy I guess it would be just a $10 to $15 gamble, since if it doesn't work you can return it and get your money back. You just lose on the return shipping.

The thing is the seller has everything he needs to test it, so why not test it? I think its a non working system, but with ebays return policy I guess it would be just a $10 to $15 gamble, since if it doesn't work you can return it and get your money back. You just lose on the return shipping.

I thought that at first too. But, if you look closely, he is missing one piece to test on a modern TV. He's got the switch box but, not the little coax piece with screw terminals. I know what you are thinking, everybody has one of those laying around. No they don't. I'm the only one in my family/friends that has that piece because, I'm the only one who has old video game systems that I hook up to my TV. Most people do not have these coax adapters sitting around like we do. Most threw them out 10 plus years ago. No piece of video equipment has needed that piece in over a decade. By 2000 most video devices (including video game systems) went to composite output. Just something to keep in mind. Again, this seller typically sells records, not video game systems. He might be telling the truth. It's the only video game system he has for sale that I can tell. If someone really wants to know, ask him why he didn't test it.

Never mind just saw your next post. I now agree it is fishy. I would now bet that system doesn't work. Patterns tell all. I didn't see that auction yesterday. :?

Edited by pboland
  • Like 1

Also from the same seller he has a smurf colecovision game for sale that he states is tested and works fine. So he can test the game but not the system??? Sounds very fishy

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2307790819501?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230779081950&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I like the picture. With the shadowing it looks like that Smurf game is in the witness protection program :)

• Like 1

Also from the same seller he has a smurf colecovision game for sale that he states is tested and works fine. So he can test the game but not the system??? Sounds very fishy

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2307790819501?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230779081950&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I like the picture. With the shadowing it looks like that Smurf game is in the witness protesction program :)

LOL hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Near impossible to tell one way or the other from the pics that are provided. It does look like sockets are installed on the PCBs which the Prom chips install in, but that doesn't mean a whole lot when you consider the large CV & ADAM lot that I acquired from a former Coleco employee last year. Included in that lot were numerous socketed PCBs without any Proms installed and numerous loose chips for about 10 different Coleco games. In my testing of these loose Prom chips, I found that all of them were the actual finished games that were released commercially.

I guess I should have tried to sell them off on eBay as prototypes. :evil:

So, the only way to know what you are dealing with here is to acquire them and then proceed to dump and compare them via play testing and file comparison.

Near impossible to tell one way or the other from the pics that are provided. It does look like sockets are installed on the PCBs which the Prom chips install in, but that doesn't mean a whole lot when you consider the large CV & ADAM lot that I acquired from a former Coleco employee last year. Included in that lot were numerous socketed PCBs without any Proms installed and numerous loose chips for about 10 different Coleco games. In my testing of these loose Prom chips, I found that all of them were the actual finished games that were released commercially.

I guess I should have tried to sell them off on eBay as prototypes. :evil:

So, the only way to know what you are dealing with here is to acquire them and then proceed to dump and compare them via play testing and file comparison.

If it goes for cheap I might take a chance and then send them to you NIAD to verif if it real or not ;) although I'm not going to go very high on the price, because I'm not that curious.