IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Yes it's region free.....

this makes me really wonder how many other systems are region free. This is of interest to me, because I always had the SNES adapter that played SFC and FAMICOM games, the Sega Genesis thing that allowed Megadrive games to play, and etc, just so I could experience games from other countries that didn't make it to the USA. Is there a list somewhere with that info?

I know, but I figured it was true for everything, and mostly because of the electrical reasons (the voltage per outlet difference)

Compatibility of games between regions is a different story. If you want to play a ColecoVision game in Europe where residential power outlets are 220V, then you need a ColecoVision console with a proper power supply for that region. The power supply block that comes with the Australian version of the console looks different from those of other regions, but I don't really know what's different about it internally.

Anyway, you can generally play Coleco cartridges released in Europe on an American console and vice-versa, as the ROM content is usually identical. However, the games will play slightly slower on European consoles (I mean both European and American CV carts when I say this) because European TVs display images at 50Hz (instead of 60Hz in North-America).

Here's another sealed Spinnaker game, Fraction Fever. Not great titles but still Sealed at this price is too good to pass up.. I'm trying to complete my CV library this year, might as well buy sealed if I can, if its reasonable. ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390643284644

Somebody must have found a storage unit or something because there's Copies 'O Plenty! Tons of CIB stuff right now, The markets pretty saturated..

Here is a very interesting auction that says Fisher Price Colecovision games :P

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fisher-Price-Colecovision-games-/231216582269?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item35d5950e7d

The only problem is that every game shown in the picture is a Commodore 64 cartridge...

I discovered this when I couldn't remember a Sea Spellers game for the Colecovision :lol:

Here is a better one, a Colecovision with a gun peripheral, it must be very rare :P :P :P

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ColecoVision-Black-Stationary-System-NTSC-Plus-Games-/281319818962?hash=item417ff7c6d2

Works perfectly with the games included ;). You can just shoot DK and his son, DK Jr. :-o Works on the barrels too......

Edited by rey_1178
  • Like 2

Here is a better one, a Colecovision with a gun peripheral, it must be very rare :P :P :P

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ColecoVision-Black-Stationary-System-NTSC-Plus-Games-/281319818962?hash=item417ff7c6d2

That's not a light gun...it's actually a power washer, so you can hose that filthy beast off when it arrives at your house! :rolling:

• Like 3

Actually the $300 BIN price on the box and manual are not that bad for these SUPER RARE and very hard to find items. All you have to do is buy a loose cart from Mumbai for $35 and you have yourself a CIB of one of the hardest CV games to acquire in CIB form.

FYI, I paid $300 for my CIB a couple years ago and can only imagine that the value of Aquattack CIB has only increased because they just don't become available.

:thumbsdown:

Actually the $300 BIN price on the box and manual are not that bad for these SUPER RARE and very hard to find items. All you have to do is buy a loose cart from Mumbai for $35 and you have yourself a CIB of one of the hardest CV games to acquire in CIB form.

FYI, I paid $300 for my CIB a couple years ago and can only imagine that the value of Aquattack CIB has only increased because they just don't become available.

:thumbsdown:

Opinions may vary and as we all know, everyone has one. Obviously someone thought the $300 price tag for the box and manual were well within reason.

Who rates Aquattack as a rarity of 6? I could see a loose cart being a 6 or 7, but no way should a CIB be rated this low. It is one of the rarest CV titles to be had in CIB form... not as hard to find as WizMath, but definitely harder to find than Sammy Lightfoot after a surprising number of Sammy's showed up on eBay last year.

I disagree...

Who rates Aquattack as a rarity of 6? I could see a loose cart being a 6 or 7, but no way should a CIB be rated this low. It is one of the rarest CV titles to be had in CIB form... not as hard to find as WizMath, but definitely harder to find than Sammy Lightfoot after a surprising number of Sammy's showed up on eBay last year.

I wouldn't look at those raritys that site doesn't get updated and the rarities definately never get updated. NIADs list of games in a thread has the newest rarities that anyone has attempted in probably 5 or more years. All those websites are that old on their rarities.

Aqua Attack used to be as hard to get as sammy lightfoot and lately there has been more sammy lightfoots showing up around and no Aqua Attack. Most Sammys used to go for 250 - 350 in price. I took a long time holding out to get Aqua Attack because I was trying to get it less than 300 bucks and I never saw it cheaper so one day pulled the plug and bought it at atari2600 for $298.

If you have 2 aqua attacks NIB then you are sitting on a lot of money.

Junior hasn't updated his website rarity ratings for years and probably since he created the individual game pages, so that R6 rating is very, very outdated. I've actually given up on trying to maintain rarity ratings in my Collector's List as well because it is just too much work, but trust me when I say that Aquattack is every bit the R8 or R9 rating in CIB form and fair market value is around $300. I can only imagine what a Sealed / NIB copy would fetch... Congrats on having two!!!
  • Like 1