IGNORED

How about hiring a programmer for Joust?

Yurkie

Luc does a sweet job on manuals, labels and boxes. This game was never finished and as much as I love Joust it sucked without sound. Everyone should put aside the whole Atarisoft style and just except this for the homebrew that it is. Besides that Luc is going to do it his way anyway, and that's as it should be.

I am going back to click a + 1 where Luc stepped up and encourage the rest of you to do the same.

Well I'm happy to back away from the Atarisoft cart/box debate and simply state that regardless I'll be over the moon with pixelboy's standard cart/manual/box. The quality of the last batch of Team Pixelboy releases was simply amazing and blew me away. In some ways it might be nice to have the release clearly differntiated from those that were officially released.

I have added +1 to Yurkie, Daniel and Pixelboy - thanks guys.

Edited by Ikrananka

Please Luc, ok publish it under your label , but KEEP ATARISOFT box style!!!

LOL - I already have an Atarisoft Joust box repro that Marc O did for me several years ago. Goes very nicely with my AA repro Joust cart

I do agree that if Joust is completed and published CIB then the box should be an Atarisoft box.

I don't want to go off topic, but this may be of any interest for some of you.

This is my own solution for Team Pixelbox games. As I like a certain unity in my collection, I made a kind of "wrapping box" for myself. My "box" slides over the original box and when I put my games on my shelves, they look as I like.

With all due respect, I too love the idea of an authentic repro. I love the "sleeve" idea, and have thought about this for several other games. Although I haven't been able to produce anything yet, I've got a few HQ 600 dpi PSD files that I've been working on.

Here's a compressed JPG of my Pac-Man box front. Yes, it looks like many of the scans you can find while doing a Google image search, but this is a complete recreation. Anyway, just a sample. I'm working on Joust now. :)

post-28334-0-37705100-1315459018_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The quality of the last batch of Team Pixelboy releases was simply amazing and blew me away.

+1 , Quality AND Professionalism in his orders 's management.

Just the boxes 's design that i don't really like. Boxes are nice but too modern for a coleco game for my taste. a Nostalgic aspect is missing.

If I had to make a wish, I would like to see back the red and yellow "explosion bubble" thing in the corner of ColecoVision games boxes with the logo of ColecoVision and ADAM in it, like this one used by GoodDealGames to publish GamePack#2.

post-3651-0-85205000-1315428554_thumb.gif

Notice the bilingual influence here? It reflects where I live, it reflects what was the ColecoVision experience with boxes, manuals and labels (general 2 seperate labels) in 2 languages. It's a picture I've drawn based on a scan of a real coleco-explosion-bubble. The only issue I can see is the missing fine line around the colorful ColecoVision logo that I was unable to make properly.

post-3651-0-53846100-1315429233_thumb.gif

This is what the CV Bejeweled box looked like, made by... I can't remember anymore, I'll have to check on a bigger picture of the box. There is an explosion bubble on it, only in english this time and only mention ColecoVision... which reflects the first CV games published in US, before ADAM was released.

Here is mine. It may help you. If you need a vector version, just ask me.

pSplash-bilingual.jpg

Hi :)

Thank you Youki for bringing this up.

Thank you Daniel for making the sound.

Thank you Luc for titlescreen, financing and for publish it.

Thank you Chapahute for your boxes.

But i think Luc will try with one close to this. :D

post-9873-0-53082200-1315489122_thumb.jpg

Count me in when the game once finished in 2012.

• Like 1

hue... there is a little problem with my box "concept".... it can be opened one and only one time! :sad:

And no way to close it after...

:D

Remember to feed the cartridge before you pop it into your CV console. ;)

Seriously, people, Daniel and I need your help! Daniel has been able to add a few simple sound effects to the ROM already, but he still has several more to add, and we don't actually have any sound data for some of them. In particular, we need the pterodactyl's sound effect. If you believe you can help us with that, please contact me or Daniel, or just post your offer here in this thread.

Daniel, if you could explain what you need in more detail, I think it would help. :)

Here is an iphone app with all the Joust Arcade sounds.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/joust-80s-arcade-game-soundboard/id357191441?mt=8

People are crapping on the reviews about it not being a game, but it never claims to be a game, only the game sounds.

I downloaded it. There are 27 sounds on it.

Here is an iphone app with all the Joust Arcade sounds.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/joust-80s-arcade-game-soundboard/id357191441?mt=8

People are crapping on the reviews about it not being a game, but it never claims to be a game, only the game sounds.

I downloaded it. There are 27 sounds on it.

Cool! Thanks! :)

hmmm... I can try but this ptero-thing yelling sound effect is very close to a digital sound effect which can't be used during the game (need to freeze the action to play a digital sound and need extra ROM space as well) which is pretty bad news. I'll do my best to make something that sounds similar without using a digital sound.