IGNORED

High Score Club 9.25 - Solar Storm

Ze_ro

ROLLED IT!!!!...................... 10,890

Strange feature of the game--- When I was at about 9,800, and the screen switched to the orbital platform, it remained on that screen until I shot enough of the two vessels to break 10k. Then it returned to normal.

I didn't get a "before" picture, but here's the final score picture, for what its worth.....

post-27900-0-64948800-1315836600_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Strange feature of the game--- When I was at about 9,800, and the screen switched to the orbital platform, it remained on that screen until I shot enough of the two vessels to break 10k. Then it returned to normal.

I didn't get a "before" picture, but here's the final score picture, for what its worth.....

Nice roll Gorfy...:!: :!: :!:

Only 1 other Atari Age HSC member had rolled this one before, "the 5th Ghost"

Nice roll Gorfy...:!: :!: :!:

Only 1 other Atari Age HSC member had rolled this one before, "the 5th Ghost"

Thanks, Jacob!

Man, I can't seem to get back in the groove I was in. One last go of gameage tonight. Might have to stick to my highest score so far. Can't seem to get back there. One problem I'm having is my paddle is a bit jerky.

I blame my bad score on the paddle completely!!! This gamer uses a joystick :D!

Edited by disjaukifa

ATTENTION TO ZERO: Season 9 Current Standings "NOT UPDATED" after Round 9.24.

Here are the Season 9 Current Standings "TOP 10" before Round 9.24 (Mr. Do's Castle, i.e., after Round 9.23):

1. JacobZu7Zu7 (412)

2. toymailman (383)

3. oyamafamily (341)

4. Gorfy (297)

5. DT Kofoed (250)

6. Frostbite76 (247)

7. Vocelli (227)

8. Stan (219)

9. Deteacher (186)

10. Jifremok (181)

Here are the Season 9 Current Standings "TOP 10" AFTER Round 9.24 (Mr. Do's Castle):

1. JacobZu7Zu7 (412)

2. toymailman (383)

3. oyamafamily (341)

4. Gorfy (297)

5. DT Kofoed (250)

6. Frostbite76 (247)

7. Vocelli (227)

8. Stan (219)

9. Deteacher (186)

10. Jifremok (181)

PLEASE, update and revise the Current Standings before ending the Last Round of Season 9 (9.25)!

I can honestly say without a doubt there is no other 2600 game I detest as much as this one . . . :x I think my 2650 was a fluck . . . :sad:

Reason for this? Scores tonight:

:mad: 2535

I want to congratulate everyone that played this game, its not an easy one, this one took precision and skill!!! Good job guys and gals. Hope ya'll all had fun!

Edited by disjaukifa

Man, I can't seem to get back in the groove I was in. One last go of gameage tonight. Might have to stick to my highest score so far. Can't seem to get back there. One problem I'm having is my paddle is a bit jerky.

A quick fix, albeit a temporary one, for jittery paddles: turn the knob all the way back and forth several dozen times consecutively; afterwards, you should find your paddle to have tighter control ;)

I've never played the infamous E.T. game before, so I'm thinking I'll try it during the break between hsc seasons. It seems to me that hsc players give unpopular games more of a chance than the general gaming community, so I was wondering what others here thought of the game....

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! First, to piss me off, and strangely similar to the first milestone, I scored 4,995. Bastards, no way I'm going to bed on THAT ONE. Feck it, KILED IT. TOTALLY BOOSHED.

This was all about the paddle. I tried fixing it as suggested, didn't work. So, instead of that, I set it for two player and just allowed the first player to die by progressively building up planet heat. This, in fact, worked well. Gave my finger a longer break, AND the second paddle was smooth so I was able to get this score with it. Could probably get even higher. Those of you still wanting to try, I noticed something. The game actually has elements to it to make it easier as you get further. After breaking roughly 3,500, I noticed the satellite things were coming down slower and in wider-angled movements. This enables you to rack a huge amount of points around 4,000 because they just keep coming out. You still need to be fast when other stuff falls, but it's a welcome relief and you get a ton of points. Good ending for this season, next time I hope to make top five.

post-22322-0-25921200-1315975303_thumb.jpg

Damn you! Damn you to hell! Yeah, you're too good for me, way better. I'm pretty good in general and can usually reach decent milestones like this, but man, you're pretty consistent with your killing. I guess that fits with your succubus picture there.

• Like 1

Damn you! Damn you to hell! Yeah, you're too good for me, way better. I'm pretty good in general and can usually reach decent milestones like this, but man, you're pretty consistent with your killing. I guess that fits with your succubus picture there.

HAHAH.... **Oh yea!** Kool Aid Man wall breakin scores this season :o

LOL... @ Stan I see you noticed the Succubus :thumbsup:

I often do a lot of thinking when playing the weekly games. Try to figure out my own tips or read others, it helps me get the big scores usually.

I been at this HSC since 2006... but only season 8 and 9 I been making a note to

play week by week. I keep improving my skills and plowing over my old scores.

Now when season 10 goes, we will have many new people starting up right away at game 1,

so, it will be very interesting.

I've never played the infamous E.T. game before, so I'm thinking I'll try it during the break between hsc seasons. It seems to me that hsc players give unpopular games more of a chance than the general gaming community, so I was wondering what others here thought of the game....

I'm like Atari Age'r Random Terrain, I think the game is GOLD. It's my "Adventure".

It's not a bad game at all... just read the manual first ;) E.T. was one of the few 2600 games

I played as a small kid, sometime in the 80's.

• Like 2