IGNORED

PANG on A8

José Pereira

This game will certainly ROCKS!...

Look at the Image of the Atari version just in the Top first Images line:

PANG on A8: one image

:(

TEBE and guys around it created the Level Editor for us but don't show the Pictures that will be backwards...

But I luckily discouver this.

:D

Tebe deliberately left out the backgrounds for the editor so that they can be seen for the first time in the full release. Ooz provided the graphics work so it's all top notch :)

A preview video was uploaded to YT a couple of years ago..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeKd4eUK57w

EDIT.. BTW in case anyone missed it, Tebe is waiting for people to use the editor and create some challenging levels to be used in the game. Check out atarionline.pl for the download links for the editor and to see the levels that have been created so far

Edited by Tezz

Strange that a discouver a new thing... a new thing at Google Images:

If I click on the image I normally 'zoom it' and eneter on that Web page...

Here, if I click on this image I get the image of the Editor, not this one... On the site Image, from ad Team I have there the Editor image but not this beautifull one.

:ponder:

I don't know how this can be done but was wondering if Tebe did this or he, for some reason, did a mistake and he don't want us to see the image :P

With soo many secret behind... But as we are seeing from this image it will be worth waiting.

:)

Is there any date for the release?

Edited by José Pereira

I recall Tebe mentioning that it requires either 256k or 320k IIRC? I'm not sure with regards to cart.

Tezz I think you contact Tebe more often and so could send him this:

PANG Loading screen g2f.zip

PANG Loading screen xex.zip

And these Files are this:

post-6517-0-04188600-1316134525_thumb.png

Tebe, for sure, have Oz and others to do a nice Tittle/Presentation screen but this can be used during the Loading... Yes it can be shown during it because it's a simple Bitmap 4colours with PMs in PRIOR4 and to use in Loading process there isn't any DLI.

Exactly like old time 4colours A8 Loading screens but with PMs. (something they didn't in the past, sadly they didn't).

I usually don't do Loading/Tittle screens because they aren't my type... I usually like to design something, create something or I get all like it is and get games Engines/Chars and Charsets (even here I usually get someting on my way...).

That's why, because I had the 4Missiles free that I could get them Multicolour and have space to put there the Ball.

Like you can see from the C64 original one that doesn't have the Ball:

post-6517-0-74966500-1316134532_thumb.gif

As because this can be using during Loading times, I hope he can use it.

(And of course, he can freely change/redesign anything he wants...)

:thumbsup:

José Pereira.

Edited by José Pereira

I'm gonna go "out on a limb" and say that, since Ooz is handling the graphics, title screen suggestions won't be necessary. ;)

It just take me two or three hours, no problem.

Just because we usually don't have real Loading sreens because to have them 'lots of colours' they have to (ab)use of DLIs. on colours and PMs and also use ANTIC4 Char-Mode that need many Charsets (and this costs some DLIs. also).

Because it was a simple one to convert, have the idea of the Ball (that Missiles Multicolour can have the same colour as the Pink Ball and it's inside White dithering) that I think it looks great.

Sometimes these simple Loading screens can look very good... And, I am almost sure Ooz will do a very nice Tittle/Presentation screen but that wouldn't/couldn't be used during the Loading process.

And for people with real Machines will always be better and more professional having a Loading screen then an all Blank Black screen...

If Tebe wants, then my idea is no 'clashing' with the nice Artwork that sure Ooz will offers us.

Just trying to help... Better doing first and ask later.

In recent times I have some 'asking' to see if someone(s) want my help but there are people that even don't bother to answer just a simple 'NO!' :x

If he don't use it no problem... We will still be friends and I'll appreciate it's final product!...

Edited by José Pereira

I'm gonna go "out on a limb" and say that, since Ooz is handling the graphics, title screen suggestions won't be necessary. ;)

It just take me two or three hours, no problem.

Just because we usually don't have real Loading sreens because to have them 'lots of colours' they have to (ab)use of DLIs. on colours and PMs and also use ANTIC4 Char-Mode that need many Charsets (and this costs some DLIs. also).

Because it was a simple one to convert, have the idea of the Ball (that Missiles Multicolour can have the same colour as the Pink Ball and it's inside White dithering) that I think it looks great.

Sometimes these simple Loading screens can look very good... And, I am almost sure Ooz will do a very nice Tittle/Presentation screen but that wouldn't/couldn't be used during the Loading process.

And for people with real Machines will always be better and more professional having a Loading screen then an all Blank Black screen...

If Tebe wants, then my idea is no 'clashing' with the nice Artwork that sure Ooz will offers us.

Just trying to help... Better doing first and ask later.

In recent times I have some 'asking' to see if someone(s) want my help but there are people that even don't bother to answer just a simple 'NO!' :x

If he don't use it no problem... We will still be friends and I'll appreciate it's final product!...

I see your point Jose. For me, I just prefer simple loaders with some kind of light graphical content (for games) and maybe a little progress bar (i.e. Yoomp style was nice). Then the title screen can display the major pre-grame graphics.

In general any kind of nice loading screen will do really. The only kind that I don't like, are the ones that use what looks likes a TV that is not tuned in to any station. Just a bunch of screen noise. I could never figure out the attraction to that style of loader or depacker or whatever the bloody thing is.

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 1

In general any kind of nice loading screen will do really. The only kind that I don't like, are the ones that use what looks likes a TV that is not tuned in to any station. Just a bunch of screen noise. I could never figure out the attraction to that style of loader or depacker or whatever the bloody thing is.

It's done because its a simple trick that "shows" the depacker working (usually, it's simply a background color change done at certain intervals in the depack routine). It's there more for the programmer types than the gamer types.

It's done because its a simple trick that "shows" the depacker working (usually, it's simply a background color change done at certain intervals in the depack routine). It's there more for the programmer types than the gamer types.

Yea, that's the way I took them as well. I can honestly say that I try to avoid those types of loaders in my game collection like the plague. I probably wouldn't mind them so much if they weren't so overused. There is nothing worse than grinding an interesting trick into oblivion.

Yea, that's the way I took them as well. I can honestly say that I try to avoid those types of loaders in my game collection like the plague. I probably wouldn't mind them so much if they weren't so overused. There is nothing worse than grinding an interesting trick into oblivion.

I would guess they turn DMA off while the unpacking is taken place so it works more quickly. Gently colour cycling the background every few jiffies to show the working would probably look a bit less manic though!

Cheers,

Simon

..as Mr Fish says José, I think Tebe will have had all the graphics ready from Ooz for a while but you can always send it to him anyway :)

BTW. It isn't impossible to have DLI's during SIO, it's much more difficult if you have a particularly long DLI though which is not straight forward to do and it will negate high speed SIO so it'll only be possible with standard 19200 baud disk loading. I started writing a disk loader earlier in the year (un finished) with some char anim and a reasonably long DLI for some raster fx. Using the loader as it stands with a short dli and vbi stuff / music is no problem though, I'm intending to make use of it for MM... as well as providing just an executable file.

Lots of people use HS SIO, so DLIs become more trouble than they're worth.

Of course there's the option to have non-file system ATR only, but that alienates people, plus makes it harder to run from IDE devices.

I guess one solution could be to test what loading system is in use. Easiest way would be to just have a block of 4K or so that gets timed. If it's insanely fast, or slower than a certain threshold then it's coming over IDE or slow SIO channel, and DLIs would be OK.

..as Mr Fish says José, I think Tebe will have had all the graphics ready from Ooz for a while but you can always send it to him anyway :)

BTW. It isn't impossible to have DLI's during SIO, it's much more difficult if you have a particularly long DLI though which is not straight forward to do and it will negate high speed SIO so it'll only be possible with standard 19200 baud disk loading. I started writing a disk loader earlier in the year (un finished) with some char anim and a reasonably long DLI for some raster fx. Using the loader as it stands with a short dli and vbi stuff / music is no problem though, I'm intending to make use of it for MM... as well as providing just an executable file.

Forget it :)

I have a nice Loader-Animation for Jill Off. But when testing with SIO2PC (USB) and using MyPicoDOS it doesn't work. Even in normal speed. No idea what happens it worked with the RS232 cable and QMEG.

Would be interesting to discuss this further with your experiencences. If interested please start a thread in the coding section ;)

Lots of people use HS SIO, so DLIs become more trouble than they're worth.
Yea true, in this era with modern storage it is pointless really and I wasn't going to bother but I've always wanted to write a disk loader with vbi, anim, music etc so I had a crack at it with the intention of using it to release something for standard disk loading for the sake of it whilst also releasing the executable for modern storage devices.

I guess one solution could be to test what loading system is in use. Easiest way would be to just have a block of 4K or so that gets timed. If it's insanely fast, or slower than a certain threshold then it's coming over IDE or slow SIO channel, and DLIs would be OK.
that's a great idea, I'll have a look into that once I've got this current project completed.

..I have a nice Loader-Animation for Jill Off. But when testing with SIO2PC (USB) and using MyPicoDOS it doesn't work. Even in normal speed. No idea what happens it worked with the RS232 cable and QMEG.
hmm, that shouldn't be a problem... didn't work at normal speed either? Could you pm some info on it and I'll have a look, I'm working full on with MM every spare minute to get it together.
  • Like 1

IRQ loader is possible but could you not test if you are running on a 19200 drive and then switch to "standard sio" procedure?

Strange that a discouver a new thing... a new thing at Google Images:

If I click on the image I normally 'zoom it' and eneter on that Web page...

Here, if I click on this image I get the image of the Editor, not this one... On the site Image, from ad Team I have there the Editor image but not this beautifull one.

I don't know how this can be done but was wondering if Tebe did this or he, for some reason, did a mistake and he don't want us to see the image :P

With soo many secret behind... But as we are seeing from this image it will be worth waiting.

:)

post-6517-0-88374200-1316204964_thumb.jpg