IGNORED

HSC Round 4.4: Mappy

VectorGamer

MAPPY

You are a mouse in a house of burglar-cats intent on recovering their stolen loot. You get from floor to floor by jumping on trampolines. Various doors are your only defense against the cats.

Game Information

Game Name: Mappy (US)

Released By: Namco, 1983

MAME ROMset: mappy

Dip Switches: Difficult: Rank A; Lives: 3; Bonus Life: 20K 70K

Chosen By: keilbaca, M.A.M.E Offender, roadrunner

ROM Location: http://romhustler.ne...nload/mame/2713

AtariAge Arcade/MAME HSC World Record: 74,280 atariron82

Competition ends Sunday, September 25 @ 12PM EDT

Leaderboard

1. 128,490 M.A.M.E Offender

2. 106,090 bigbee99

3. 88,660 mr. toast

4. 72,770 patbb

5. 71,970 keilbaca

6. 68,050 JohnnyBlaze

7. 41,780 Cynicaster

8. 29,180 roadrunner

9. 15,480 LarcenTyler

Season Standings

Calculations through round 3

1. bigbee99 94

2. patbb 66

3. Cynicaster 57

4. M.A.M.E Offender 44

4. mr. toast 44

6. kojr 39

7. keilbaca 33

8. roadrunner 22

9. LarcenTyler 5

10. retrorussell 4

10. rmaerz 4

Edited by rmaerz

I've played this one a few times. I never really played it for points until today. I knew how the points worked and all, but I was just trying to learn the game play. I have to say, I never used the bells on the side correctly. They can be quit valuable. I never did a perfect bonus round either until now. Also, I found a nice little path for the 1st 2 levels to get all of the items in order for maximum points. A lot of 1st for me today with this game :)

Great Choice!

B

• Like 1

You know, I just could never envision this with a Fuji insignia on it. But that almost happened in 1983 when Midway and Atari were given the choice of two games to manufacture in the USA. Midway chose this game, and while it was fun, it just didn't do as well as it could have. Atari, on the other hand, chose Pole Position, which turned into the best selling arcade game of 1983.

post-3346-0-69862000-1316413549_thumb.png

21,790 which believe it or not is actually my BEST score on Mappy.....

If you're wondering what that is, it's a screen shot from MAME. When I got it off of a tracker, I got all the artwork with it. I like it. It's adds more realism to the game.

I'm telling you, my cabinet isn't even FINISHED yet(I'm still waiting on the Zino to come in and am using my old Inspiron 1200 laptop in the meantime), but already I'm loving it!

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

If you stare at patbb's avatar long enough you'll notice that the owl head starts to shrink...just more noticeable using the new forum skin

Go ahead and try it

Isn't that the logo of an old video game company.

I can't remember the name right now.

I think it starts with a "P'

Psygnosis

http://www.psygnosis.org/

If you stare at patbb's avatar long enough you'll notice that the owl head starts to shrink...just more noticeable using the new forum skin

Go ahead and try it

Isn't that the logo of an old video game company.

I can't remember the name right now.

I think it starts with a "P'

Psygnosis

http://www.psygnosis.org/

Yeah, i thought that was it. :)

I don't know whether to be incredibly :D that I'm doing great or incredibly :mad: that I was 40 points away from my next life.

What happened? I opened the microwave door just a quarter of a second too late and I died but still gave me the bonus points.

And if you look closely at the pic, the Mewkies are still in their stunned state.

On a side note, looks like there's a whole lot of new emoticons to choose from. :rolling:

post-28043-0-64444000-1316767021_thumb.png