IGNORED

SIO2PC-USB, Sloopy Edition mkII

sloopy

OK, this is the official pre-order thread, for these:

post-24811-0-94158200-1317227247_thumb.jpg

They are the Standard Edition, and the Deluxe Edition, deluxe edition includes an activity LED.

pricing will be as follows:

Assembled kit: $26

edited:$21

just need your own sio plug end, the kind that screws together.

Standard Edition: $31

edited:$26

ready to go like the one on the left

Deluxe Edition: $41

edited:$36

ready to go, with activity LED.

all versions will come with a DVD, which is a copy of my atari archive folder, and has 4GB (unsorted beyond pre-existing sort) of various things.

If you need a mini-USB cable its $1.50 additional

delivery is esitimated at ~3 weeks from time of pre-order closing, which is roughly 27th or 28th of Oct (the PCB's are to blame, they take 3 weeks...)

shipping is $5 in the US, and $14 to most of Euro-land (UK, Germany, Poland, specifically)

any details just ask... after the pre-order, the price will be kit-$30, standard-$35, deluxe-$45, for the various versions, i will continue to sell them as a regular thing, along with my original usb model. (which is $45, if anyone is interested in one of those...)

IM me here, for payment detail.

for questions you can IM me here, or to talk to me more immediately I usually can be found in irc,

( for irc there is a web client pre-configured to connect to the channel at http://sloopy.digitalglass.us/ and for those with an irc client - server: irc.newnet.net channel: #Atari )

PLEASE SEE POST #32 IN THIS THREAD FOR EXPLAINATION OF EDITED PRICES.

sloopy.

Edited by sloopy

I wish I'd known about these a week ago! I just recently purchased a RS232(com)-to-USB cable and driver for my old rs232 SIO2PC! It cost me just over $20 with shipping, I would have bought one of these! No need at the moment for more than one SIO2xxx unit though...good news is the cable and driver work, setting up a com5 port through one of my laptops usb ports!

i was planning on putting up the details of current status, but i had to take mrs into the hospital tonight, and just got home at 04:30 local time... (she will be ok, they didnt keep her :')

but there have been enough orders paid, i can send in the PCB order this monday, so hopefully they will get sent back faster...

thanks to all the people who have pre-ordered so far!

sloopy.

Ok, so far 20 spoken for... i was able to get the parts that take 3 weeks to ship ordered, so hopefully they should arrive about the 24th of Oct. i just need to order some parts, which are coming from a US supplier, so they should take a week at most.

i tried to put a table in here with number ordered of each type, etc... but the c&p looked fine, but when i posted it, it went all in one line... :'/

we want 20 more orders, who wants one or two?

thanks to those who have ordered,

sloopy.

Edited by sloopy

take two:

Customer# Qty	Standard	Deluxe	Usb Cable?	Paid

1		  1		  1							  yes
2		  1				
3		  1				Blue/White		
4		  1		  1							  yes
5		  1					  1				  yes
6		  1		  1					   1	  yes
7		  1		  1							  yes
8		  1				
9		  1				
10		 1				
11		 1					  1		
12		 1					  1		
13		 1				
14		 1				
15		 1					  1		   1	  yes
16		 1				  
17		 1					  1		   1	  yes
18		 1					  1		   1	  yes
19		 1				
20		 2		  1		   1		   2	  yes

sloopy.

I might be interested in replacing my Atarimax SIO2PC with one of these, what software does this use?

it uses http://aspeqt.sourceforge.net/ AspeQt, a newer device emulator, that is compatible with Windows and GNU/Linux OS's...

before they start shipping, i will (try;') to make binary deb's available for Debian and Ubuntu, and if i can rem how, an RPM for Fedora

sloopy.

• Like 1