IGNORED

Wanted: 2600 manual scans

Albert

Someone emailed me a request for a CX-2600A manual. Does anyone have a PDF of this that they can send me? I'll put it up on the website so it's freely available. Would be nice to have scans of all the different 2600 manuals--I can put them together on one page. I promise that if you send me scans (or a completed PDF), that I will post it up on the site in short order. :)

Thanks,

..Al

• 5 years later...

Hey Al.. was perusing the site (which I do sometimes :lol: ) and got to wondering why here in 2017 are so many VCS manuals here at Atariage (e.g. Asteroids, Vanguard, etc.) still only available in HTML format? It seems kind of a shame tbh.. :P

Is it too much to host the various PDF's of them floating around? Just curious.

e.g.

http://www.gamesdatabase.org/Media/SYSTEM/Atari_2600//Manual/formated/Vanguard_-_1982_-_Atari.pdf

Dude.. the question is not "where" to find PDF manuals . The question is why are they not any hosted HERE at atariage. :)

Well I have them all on my site, so if Atari Age would like to use them they are more than welcome to. I got them from someone here on the forums and just figured I would make it easily accessible in a page like that

Well I have them all on my site, so if Atari Age would like to use them they are more than welcome to. I got them from someone here on the forums and just figured I would make it easily accessible in a page like that

A zip file of all the 2600 PDFs would be useful. I could pretty easily add a PDF download for each of these manuals from their respective entries in the database. Extracting the images and making them viewable alongside other manuals might take a bit more work.

..Al

• Like 1

A zip file of all the 2600 PDFs would be useful. I could pretty easily add a PDF download for each of these manuals from their respective entries in the database. Extracting the images and making them viewable alongside other manuals might take a bit more work.

..Al

The PDFs are 3gb, so not we'd probably have to break it up into multiples. I have the games broken down into individual folders that has the PDFs and jpeg images of every page though, so you should have everything you would need. PM me an email address and I'll send over some stuff when I get a break from work

Well here I can share what I have which is only about 800 megs zipped (just click "no thanks.. continue" at the dropbox popup):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqu1uoqyafrpujb/2600_Manuals%20and%20Documents_USA.zip?dl=0

While I don't know if it's "complete" (it's just a torrrent I leeched), it has many of the missing pdf manuals that aren't here, like Asteroids, Missile Command, Raiders, Pac-Man, Space War, etc. i.e. stuff you would expect should be here. :)

post-31-0-03462200-1484320787_thumb.jpg

Edited by NE146
  • Like 2

Very impressive! There are some obscure titles there that I have never seen before. Thank-you for making this available.

Thanks I appreciate it. I love collecting manuals so I laid it out like I put out my collection on the table to thumb through them. Even if you don't click on a single one, it's still fun to scroll through them

Wow I didn't realize that was your site. :) Very awesome.. I like how you have the Sears/Tele-games versions of the manuals as well!

Wow I didn't realize that was your site. :) Very awesome.. I like how you have the Sears/Tele-games versions of the manuals as well!

Yep, took me a while to piece that page together. And figured if I was going to do it I might as well include everything I had access to. Unfortunately I upgraded to a new computer, so I can't make any alterations to that site any more. So that page will live on as is until I get ultra motivated to redo the entire site.

• Like 1