IGNORED

Microvision pinball

5200 Collector Dude

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Microvision has been a system I've always thought about getting one day... There is an online simulator (written in JavaScript!) here that has Pinball: http://home.comcast....oSimProject.htm

Hmm that's pretty cool. Hard to use a built in laptop mouse for the games though. Also I'm not quite sure the speed of the games is 100%. Block Buster seems a tiny bit slower / easier when it starts out. Then when you hit the top bricks, it goes faster than it even does on the system.

Edited by TheGameCollector

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, I just got a "new" Microvision from France, and it's the best one I've got as far as the LCD goes! My new high score is 224, and I finally got all 4 bumpers lit. FYI, if you hit an unlit bumper, you get 1 point. If you hit a lit bumper (it lights after hitting it 4 times), you get 2 points. If all 4 bumpers are lit (each hit 4 times at least), you get 3 points for each bumper hit.

If you don't have a Microvision, you can try the simulation here: http://home.comcast.net/~eichler2/microvision/MicroPinSim.htm. Feel free to add your high scores here... we can track two high scores... one for real, one for simulation. Either way, have fun.

Well, yesterday I got a score in the 300's... but I can't remember the exact score... so let's peg it at 300 even.

I spent a lot of time sending the ball (or block ;)) right back to the top-most bumper. If you don't know, sometimes the ball bounces at random angles (off the walls and bumpers), so it's not 100% predictable which way the ball will go. However, there's usually only a couple of options, so, if the ball is hitting the top bumper, I'll do my best to send the ball back exactly where it came from. For example, if the ball comes down towards the left, I'll send it up and to the right. Note that the way the ball bounces off the paddle is predictable, and depends on where the ball hits the paddle.

• 3 weeks later...