IGNORED

LOCAL STORE CLEARING ATARI INVENTORY PART 2

Atariman56

HELLO TO ALL, GARY HERE, JUST WANTED TO ENLIGHTEN ALL OF YOU AS TO WHATS THIS ALL IS. 15 YEARS AGO I WAS THE LARGEST ATARI SOFTWARE DEALER IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA. I CLOSED MY SHOP 16 YEARS AGO, OPENED A DIFFERENT TYPE BUSINESS AND STORED ALL THESE IN AIR CONDITIONING IN MY PRESENT DAY STORE AND HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING WITH THEM TILL NOW. MY LOSS CAN BE YOUR GAIN.

HOWEVER I AM NOT GIVING THESE THINGS AWAY ALTHOUGH PRICING WILL BE REASONABLE. JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE IN AMERICA THE MORE YOU BUY THE BETTER THE PRICE. I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPATIBILITY ISSUES AND OF COURSE SHIPPING WILL BE ON YOU.

ALL ITEMS UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED ARE BRAND NEW IN THE BOX, NOT USED !!!!

I WILL TRY TO ANSWER ALL EMAILS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BUT ALREADY I AM GETTING SWAMPED WITH REQUESTS.

AS OF NOW ALL PAYMENTS WILL HAVE TO BE MADE BY U.S.P.S. MONEY ORDER ONLY, (THAT'S U.S. POSTAL SERVICE)

NO PAYPAL, NO PAYPAL, NO PAYPAL, NO PAYPAL

I HAVE PERHAPS 3000+ PIECES OF ST SOFTWARE AND ABOUT 1000 PIECES OF 8 BIT. IN ADDITION I HAVE SOME COLECO, INTELLIVISION, 2600, 5200, 7800 BUT NOWHERE THE QUANTITY OF 8BIT OR ST.

I HAVE SOME ODDBALL STUFF LIKE HAPPY BACK UP ST AND 8 BIT (INSTALLED IN DRIVES 810 AND 1050)BOTH USED, THE IMPOSSIBLE (NEW) A SYQUEST 44 MG. REMOVABLE HD WITH AN EXTRA BLANK DISK AND MUCH MORE.

FEEL FREE TO CALL TO ASK QUESTIONS OR EMAIL ME AT ATARIMAN56@MSN.COM

DISCOUNT VIDEO TOO

3223 S. U,S, HWY. #1

FT. PIERCE, FL. 34982

772-464-0019

1PM-9PM 6 DAYS A WEEK (CLOSED SUNDAYS)

OR EMAIL ME AT ATARIMAN56@MSN.COM FOR A PROMPT RESPONSE FOR PRICING.

MORE PICTURES IN THE COMING DAYS............

THEIR ARE NO LISTS, GO BY THE PICTURES AND EMAIL ME WITH YOUR REQUESTS.

NO LISTS, NO LISTS, NO LISTS, NO LISTS, NO LISTS !!!!!!!!!

OH DID I MENTION ? NO LISTS, NO PAYPAL

Orders will ship within 2-3 days after receiving payment.post-30572-0-57512500-1318281667_thumb.jpgpost-30572-0-28233300-1318281717_thumb.jpgpost-30572-0-71139000-1318281763_thumb.jpgpost-30572-0-51758200-1318281396_thumb.jpgpost-30572-0-03099300-1318281598_thumb.jpgpost-30572-0-70788900-1318281881_thumb.jpgpost-30572-0-38991300-1318281831_thumb.jpgpost-30572-0-20860100-1318281549_thumb.jpgpost-30572-0-72173100-1318281495_thumb.jpgpost-30572-0-86160600-1318281444_thumb.jpgpost-30572-0-54692400-1318281941_thumb.jpgpost-30572-0-79987600-1318282193_thumb.jpgpost-30572-0-14546500-1318282660_thumb.jpgpost-30572-0-75021900-1318282761_thumb.jpgpost-30572-0-86556100-1318282823_thumb.jpgpost-30572-0-52721100-1318282894_thumb.jpgpost-30572-0-17660200-1318283056_thumb.jpgpost-30572-0-37216000-1318283108_thumb.jpgpost-30572-0-97591800-1318283210_thumb.jpgpost-30572-0-56116200-1318283277_thumb.jpgpost-30572-0-31546900-1318283162_thumb.jpgpost-30572-0-57433700-1318459182_thumb.jpg

Look below at post #11 for more pictures of more stuff

Edited by Atariman56

Hi. Thanks for posting this.

I think you'd get a bigger response if you posted a list of titles.

Can I ask about particular titles?

Do you have any of these for the Atari 8-bits: Star League Baseball, Floyd of the Jungle, Choplifter, Apple Panic, Pathfinder, Pharaoh's Curse, Journey to the Planets, Bandits, David's Midnight Magic, Space Eggs, or any titles by Synapse? I'd be interested in some or many of those.

Thanks for any info. You have a fantastic and huge collection.

Do you have any of these for the Atari 8-bits: Star League Baseball, Floyd of the Jungle, Choplifter, Apple Panic, Pathfinder, Pharaoh's Curse, Journey to the Planets, Bandits, David's Midnight Magic, Space Eggs, or any titles by Synapse? I'd be interested in some or many of those.

Edited by Atariman56

Edited by Atariman56

post-30572-0-78993600-1318451569_thumb.jpgpost-30572-0-90114400-1318451619_thumb.jpgpost-30572-0-95546700-1318451667_thumb.jpgpost-30572-0-05317400-1318451711_thumb.jpg;

HERE ARE SOME 2600, 5200, 7800 CARTS.

post-30572-0-93801300-1318615866_thumb.jpg And some books

I also have 100's of Analog, Antic, Start, ST Format, ST Action, The One, ST Connection, ST Log, Atari User, and many other mags. Some with disks, some without, many years worth. These can be shipped by media mail to lessen the cost of shipping.

Edited by Atariman56

I'd was very interested until I heard back on some of the items being higher than eBay. I'm happy to pay a fair price for something I want in my collection (resale is another matter, and yes I do both, clearly this isn't the lot for that). I know you want to get the most for your stuff, but perhaps you should contract with someone to list it all for you in a fair auction style format. There are people and places willing to take a small cut to sell those on auction. I'd be happy to do it for you but I'm not local. Beyond that I didn't bother to reply to the initial quote with a counter offer since the prices, at least in my mind, were not reasonable, and the gap was insurmountable. If you do start taking offers, haggling, or auctioning, there are several I'd love for my own collection.

Best of luck with it all.

AX

• Like 1

I'd was very interested until I heard back on some of the items being higher than eBay. I'm happy to pay a fair price for something I want in my collection (resale is another matter, and yes I do both, clearly this isn't the lot for that). I know you want to get the most for your stuff, but perhaps you should contract with someone to list it all for you in a fair auction style format. There are people and places willing to take a small cut to sell those on auction. I'd be happy to do it for you but I'm not local. Beyond that I didn't bother to reply to the initial quote with a counter offer since the prices, at least in my mind, were not reasonable, and the gap was insurmountable. If you do start taking offers, haggling, or auctioning, there are several I'd love for my own collection.

Best of luck with it all.

AX

Edited by Atariman56

Considering the fact that I've already sold over 500 pieces of software (in 2+ months) I must disagree with you. Just because you want something for nothing isn't my problem. Plenty of others are quite happy and consider themselves fortunate to be able to find such a vast collection at one location and all my items are NEW, not used pieces of junk.

Also one might consider paying only one shipping cost, not a dozen or more. Good luck ebay hunting, I'm sure you'll find everything that I'm offering............eventually.

Best of luck back at you,

Gary

Nice reply. I'm sure you have undersold some, and asked too much on others. Not sure why you feel you have to be rude or insinuate that I want something for nothing. I'm not going to pay MORE than I can get the exact item on eBay. That was my point. I have no idea the hat you pull your prices out of. I've got ePay and Atari2600.com price guide to go on. When someone shoots me a price that is higher than I can observe on those two, I'm not being a tightwad for passing, simply being fiscally prudent.

I take back the genuine well wishes. If anyone wants to deal with your poor attitude here on Atari Age, they certainly can. However, you just showed your true colors, and I'd be willing to bet you lost a few sales doing that.

AX

• Like 3

Considering the fact that I've already sold over 500 pieces of software (in 2+ months) I must disagree with you. Just because you want something for nothing isn't my problem. Plenty of others are quite happy and consider themselves fortunate to be able to find such a vast collection at one location and all my items are NEW, not used pieces of junk.

Also one might consider paying only one shipping cost, not a dozen or more. Good luck ebay hunting, I'm sure you'll find everything that I'm offering............eventually.

Best of luck back at you,

Gary

Nice reply. I'm sure you have undersold some, and asked too much on others. Not sure why you feel you have to be rude or insinuate that I want something for nothing. I'm not going to pay MORE than I can get the exact item on eBay. That was my point. I have no idea the hat you pull your prices out of. I've got ePay and Atari2600.com price guide to go on. When someone shoots me a price that is higher than I can observe on those two, I'm not being a tightwad for passing, simply being fiscally prudent.

I take back the genuine well wishes. If anyone wants to deal with your poor attitude here on Atari Age, they certainly can. However, you just showed your true colors, and I'd be willing to bet you lost a few sales doing that.

AX

Yeah, I'm skeptical of his claims that he has sold 500 pieces of this inventory in the past two months, especially with no inventory or price list. All of us who collect know that ST, 800 and 2600/5200/7800 stuff is relatively common in sealed mint shape on Ebay or from various Atari dealers. I don't see anything particularly rare or valuable in any of these pictures, in fact the vast majority of the titles are super common and frankly, I know several UK based dealers that have many of the same ST titles in mint sealed shape for $7-$10 a title even with international shipping. Heck, B&C right here in the US still has a huge ST and 800 selection including many of these games for $10-$20 and they are actually properly stored and nice and their shipping is reasonable.

While he can certainly charge what he sees fit, this isn't 1989 anymore and the ST never has had the same collector community that other Atari products have had. Finally, while I will admit to being a picky collector, I just don't think many of those pictured are in mint condition. A lot of those games look dinged and dented, sunfaded to various degrees and there is clearly mold growing on some of the console title boxes. If it's on the outside, it is likely inside a number of others if these items have been stored together for all these years. While I can't say for sure that he is being dishonest about the climate control storage situation, generally when games are stored in a consistent environment, they don't develop browning of the shrinkwrap as these titles appear to have. I have sealed games from the early 80s that still have pristine wrap because they were stored in ideal conditions. That doesn't appear to be the case here.

Edited by bojay1997
  • Like 1

This is a good place to sell, but it is a collector driven site. If someone asks a question in the thread, don't chastise them, just give some info and say you would prefer to communicate regarding sales by email. The more conversation you generate in the thread, more interest is generated, more times the thread gets bumped, even more interest that is generated and so on. Step outside for a minute, come back in the room again and give it a try, you have a lot of great stuff to sell.

• Like 4

This is a good place to sell, but it is a collector driven site. If someone asks a question in the thread, don't chastise them, just give some info and say you would prefer to communicate regarding sales by email. The more conversation you generate in the thread, more interest is generated, more times the thread gets bumped, even more interest that is generated and so on. Step outside for a minute, come back in the room again and give it a try, you have a lot of great stuff to sell.

Thank you for your sensible thoughts, I realized the error of my ways after I clicked "post" The insane thing is that I didn't think twice. Again thank you.

Ax and BoJay, I agree. I'm not sure why you would not want to list your items by system and the prices you want for them. I've been teetering on PM'ing to see what is available and at what prices, but I think I'll just wait it out for what I believe will be better offers. It's like when you check the newspaper for a car - there are some posted with their prices and then there's the one that says "call for price" - makes me know that they are asking way more than most people want to pay. I've gotten plenty of good deals here and on ebay for lots of boxed atari games - like between $2 and $5 per game including shipping. Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Some 'experts' may 'value' an item at $100; however, if you put it up for auction it may only fetch $25 due to numerous reasons. Anyway, I don't actually NEED any of this stuff and I am perfectly happy waiting for the good deals which I will find ... eventually.

Some 'experts' may 'value' an item at $100; however, if you put it up for auction it may only fetch $25 due to numerous reasons.

this. anyone can estimate an item's value. the only true measure is when someone makes a real money offer.

Kinda like when those yahoos on the storage shows go through the random junk and start tossing out absurd numbers off the top of their head.

• Like 1

Some 'experts' may 'value' an item at $100; however, if you put it up for auction it may only fetch $25 due to numerous reasons.

this. anyone can estimate an item's value. the only true measure is when someone makes a real money offer.

Kinda like when those yahoos on the storage shows go through the random junk and start tossing out absurd numbers off the top of their head.

Exactly. I watched an episode of storage wars last night and that's precisely what happened. My wife and I were actually laughing at the price quotes.

... THE MORE YOU BUY THE BETTER THE PRICE.

"Your list, as it stands below comes to $730. Take all and I'll make it an even $700."

A 4% discount is impressive.

Fair pricing would be:

Single games: $10 each

25+ games: $9 each

50+ games: $8 each

100+ games. $7.50 each

200+ games: $5 each

Reminds me of other large old Atari stock, where the owner thought he is a millionaire.

Also as others have already mentioned, collectors want stuff in mint condition. Your items mostly have shelfwear.

Edited by Andre81