73 replies to this topic

#51 Atariman56 OFFLINE  

Atariman56

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 76 posts

Posted Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:19 PM

bump

Edited by Atariman56, Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:18 PM.

#52 Atariman56 OFFLINE  

Atariman56

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 76 posts

Posted Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:28 AM

bump

#53 Atariman56 OFFLINE  

Atariman56

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 76 posts

Posted Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:38 PM

bump

#54 jetset OFFLINE  

jetset

Quadrunner

• 11,260 posts

Posted Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:03 PM

If anyone wants to deal with your poor attitude here on Atari Age, they certainly can. However, you just showed your true colors, and I'd be willing to bet you lost a few sales doing that.

AX

That did it for me. I was up in that area this past week and looked up this thread for the address, but read through the comments as well. I never was big on the "you want what I have and I'd rather sit on it forever than not get top dollar" bit.

#55 Bryan OFFLINE  

Bryan

Quadrunner

• 8,510 posts
  • Cruise Elroy = 4DB7

Posted Mon Mar 5, 2012 8:56 AM

Free bump.

Hey Gary. Is your email working? I haven't been able to get through.

#56 Atariman56 OFFLINE  

Atariman56

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 76 posts

Posted Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:45 PM

Bump

#57 Mark Wolfe OFFLINE  

Mark Wolfe

River Patroller

• 2,310 posts
  • The Central Scrutinizer

Posted Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:39 PM

why are so many questions being answered by Atariman56 quoting them and then not providing any response, all he is doing is reposting the question, in some cases with just a smily face... or am I missing something? what is going on here.... sheesh. if someone asks a question, why not provide an answer?

#58 Grig OFFLINE  

Grig

River Patroller

• 2,011 posts
  • Laugh while you can, monkey boy!

Posted Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:04 PM

why are so many questions being answered by Atariman56 quoting them and then not providing any response, all he is doing is reposting the question, in some cases with just a smily face... or am I missing something? what is going on here.... sheesh. if someone asks a question, why not provide an answer?

I think he may have provided one earlier and then removed it - all of those posts are 'edited' by him I believe.

#59 Mark Wolfe OFFLINE  

Mark Wolfe

River Patroller

• 2,310 posts

Posted Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:21 PM

eh what? were the answers rude or something? wouldn't it make sense to leave answers to questions in a forum thread so others may benefit from them? isn't that why we have a forum in the first place? very confused by this seller. I don't get the attitude, the lack of assistance for prospective paying customers and the sheer lack of understanding as to why someone might want to see a photo, have a list of sale items, and haggle over prices without being made to feel like a cheapskate.

#60 Grig OFFLINE  

Grig

River Patroller

• 2,011 posts

Posted Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:32 PM

Well, if you look at one of Ax's return comments he quotes the seller - not a great response and Ax is a friendly and honest guy as far as I can tell, so I'm not sure either. I haven't had any negative dealings with Atariman, though. I PM'd him awhile ago about some specific 8 bit disks and he didn't have any. He wasn't rude. It's just my opinion that posting a list of specific titles with specific pics to go with the list (and prices of course) will sell better and will help customers to know what to ask for - there are so many 8 bit and ST titles that it's hard to know what is available and at what price. It's good business to know what is 'on the menu' and how much it costs up front.

#61 Mark Wolfe OFFLINE  

Mark Wolfe

River Patroller

• 2,310 posts

Posted Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:01 PM

yea I did see that reply to Ax, totally uncalled for. Ax has done more for people in the marketplace as both buyer and seller than anyone, there's no excuse for him to be treated like that. But then I happen to think no one deserves to be treated like that.

ahh well, there I go bumping the thread again :(

Edited by Mark Wolfe, Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:02 PM.

#62 Grig OFFLINE  

Grig

River Patroller

• 2,011 posts

Posted Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:18 PM

yea I did see that reply to Ax, totally uncalled for. Ax has done more for people in the marketplace as both buyer and seller than anyone, there's no excuse for him to be treated like that. But then I happen to think no one deserves to be treated like that.

ahh well, there I go bumping the thread again :(

Yup, totally agree

you thread bumper, you

#63 Atariman56 OFFLINE  

Atariman56

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 76 posts

Posted Wed Apr 4, 2012 8:41 AM

bump

#64 Crazy Climber ONLINE  

Crazy Climber

Crazy Climberer

• 10,977 posts
  • Metamuciler

Posted Wed Apr 4, 2012 2:34 PM

Do you have Fast Food for atari 2600?

#65 Gaztee OFFLINE  

Gaztee

Stargunner

• 1,194 posts

Posted Thu Apr 5, 2012 1:56 PM

Do you ship outside the USA??

#66 atariluvr77 OFFLINE  

atariluvr77

Chopper Commander

• 189 posts

Posted Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:42 AM

Well, here's my experience with Gary at Video Too:

Inquired about some Colecovision games... bought all that he had. Saw in the backrounds pictures of some other games for other systems I collect and inquired about those. I was quoted one price and about a 5% discount if I buy everything... Well the total came to nearly $600 and I quickly realized I couldn't swing that, plus the prices seemed high for such a large purchase...

I left in the Colecovision lot, and added 4 games based on the AVERAGE price quoted BEFORE discount, but Gary insisted that was cherrypicking and increased the prices on the 4 games, I agreed to his revised prices and in total bought 12 games from Gary for a total of $134 plus shipping... what got me was the shipping... $20 UPS - I suggested USPS Parcel Post which would have saved me atleast $10 but "the P.O. is too far away from me" -- I guess Gary hasn't heard about free pickup from the USPS... didn't mention that, I just went along.

So, in a nutshell, if you don't mind prolonged communication for checking inventory, sending of pictures, and negotiation -- if you don't mind paying with a postal M.O. ONLY which also ads time/expense -- and if you don't mind paying more than necessary for shipping as he uses UPS ONLY - then you should be fine with your purchase.

Be forwarned, several of the games I received were dusty, had sticker residue and/or stickers on them, and several had small creases/shelf wear. It sounds like I'm not happy with my purchase, in actuality I'm satisfied with what I got for the price... but it was a drawn out process with several stipulations and restrictions attached.

Thanks for the games Gary, best of luck liquidating the remainder
Dave

#67 Mark Wolfe OFFLINE  

Mark Wolfe

River Patroller

• 2,310 posts

Posted Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:26 PM

screw parcel post, what about MEDIA MAIL. games count as media and you get a very low rate on shipping. all he has to do is leave the packages for his postman/woman to pick up, as you said it is free. it sounds to me like you let the guy bully you into a purchase. even if you are happy with the purchase the fact remains that he made you jump through hoops and you come out feeling like he did YOU a favor when YOU are the customer. sheesh, this guy has serious issues...

#68 atari2atari ONLINE  

atari2atari

Dragonstomper

• 531 posts
  • Spoken, not slurred.

Posted Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:39 PM

screw parcel post, what about MEDIA MAIL. games count as media and you get a very low rate on shipping. all he has to do is leave the packages for his postman/woman to pick up, as you said it is free. it sounds to me like you let the guy bully you into a purchase. even if you are happy with the purchase the fact remains that he made you jump through hoops and you come out feeling like he did YOU a favor when YOU are the customer. sheesh, this guy has serious issues...

Just as a note, the U.S. Postal Service explicitly disallows video games to qualify for media mail - -

http://pe.usps.com/text/csr/PS-334.htm

Media_Mail.PNG

I wish it were not so, but unfortunately it is. Maybe they will rule different in the future . .

:(

-a2a

Edit: more detailed information is available here, too - - http://pe.usps.gov/t...173.htm#1113500

Edited by atari2atari, Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:42 PM.

#69 Mark Wolfe OFFLINE  

Mark Wolfe

River Patroller

• 2,310 posts

Posted Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:48 PM

wow, I did not know that. I have been doing it all this time. makes no sense since CDs and DVDs qualify don't they? that is a bad rule that should be changed. well, I claim ignorance when it comes to that and plan to ship the same way I always have... mums the word.

anyway, the point still stands regarding cheaper rates for USPS over UPS for items like that and the fact that your mail carrier will take outgoing mail right from your porch or mailbox or wherever or you can always schedule a free pickup as well

#70 atari2atari ONLINE  

atari2atari

Dragonstomper

• 531 posts
  • Spoken, not slurred.

Posted Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:51 PM

Many Post Offices will not care, and you can benefit from the savings.

However, other AA members have had mail opened, either by their local Post Office, or the destination Post Office, and then the shipment denied or held.

As a result, I stopped shipping anything Media Mail to prevent possible problems!

I agree, a real bummer . . .

-a2a

#71 Mark Wolfe OFFLINE  

Mark Wolfe

River Patroller

• 2,310 posts

Posted Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:52 PM

I just read the post office's reasons behind not allowing video games and I totally disagree especially as it relates to music and film which are also primarily "entertainment"... and board games really? in my day board games were used in the classroom all the time. Monopoly and Risk, Chess and other strategy based games ARE educational. I really think this classification justification should be updated. At the very least to allow vintage classic video games to be allowed since there are far more reasons than just entertainment to collect and preserve them.

and yes, use media mail for video games at your own risk... sucks but I at least have never had my media mail packages opened, or any of my packages for that matter

Edited by Mark Wolfe, Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:53 PM.

#72 Atariman56 OFFLINE  

Atariman56

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 76 posts

Posted Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:42 PM

bump

#73 revolutionika OFFLINE  

revolutionika

Quadrunner

• 10,348 posts

Posted Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:19 PM

bump

Why did you bump this thread and not update the pictures? Did you not sell anything in 2 years?

LAZY............

#74 Stan OFFLINE  

Stan

River Patroller

• 3,494 posts
  • 世嘉电子智能机好极了!

Posted Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:36 AM

I just read the post office's reasons behind not allowing video games and I totally disagree especially as it relates to music and film which are also primarily "entertainment"... and board games really? in my day board games were used in the classroom all the time. Monopoly and Risk, Chess and other strategy based games ARE educational. I really think this classification justification should be updated. At the very least to allow vintage classic video games to be allowed since there are far more reasons than just entertainment to collect and preserve them.

and yes, use media mail for video games at your own risk... sucks but I at least have never had my media mail packages opened, or any of my packages for that matter

Nice try, but they don't care, though I understand what you're saying. However, CD-type games they'll let fly, at least if it's from a system not widely known by most USPS workers, like the Dreamcast.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users