IGNORED

Chicago

Willsy

Concur with JamesD. When you click on a thumbnail the browser opens a preview "window" but prompts the browser to download the image instead of viewing it. Tried with FireFox and Chrome.

Sounds to me as if the web server / CMS delivers the wrong MIME type. Curiously, I tried Wireshark and saw that there is a HTTP response as application/octet-stream, not image/* (which would cause the browser to open a dialog window as reported). Unfortunately, the transfer is gzipped, so I could not look deeper inside.

Such beauties! I wonder who's who? :)

Yeah - I was wondering that myself. I think I might have spotted Matthew, simply because I remember him bringing the robot arm, but beyond that I'm not sure.

Edit: I don't think that is Matthew after all - the lion on the shirt makes me think that must be Tursi-lion :P.

Thanks for sharing that link Vorticon :). It's good to see there was a descent turn out.

Edited by RobertLM78
  • Like 1

The only photo I am in is where I'm sitting on a table (black shirt, white pants) watching Vorticon give the robot demo.

That's right he brought the robot - I don't know why I remembered you were bringing it :? .

Anyway, it looked like fun - it's too bad I don't really have any family left there in Chicagoland save one cousin that I haven't talked with in ages.

My only picture from Chicago (Evanston, really.) I want to know who puts the bathroom downstairs in a bar?! My caption for this picture: "To reach the restroom, the drunk must face his natural enemy."

At the end of the night (after everyone punked out,) I got left in the lounge of the Orrington with the left-overs of a wedding party (including the proud parents,) drinking Wild Turkey and honey, eating pretzel sticks, and chatting up the family hair dresser.

post-27864-0-30627200-1384050243_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

On the downstairs bathroom thing--I've seen that a few times before, mostly in Germany. You think it's bad in a building--try approaching the natural enemy of a drunk when it is between you and the facilities on something that's moving! Some of the tour boats on the Potomac are built that way--and serve alcohol. . .

• Like 1

On the downstairs bathroom thing--I've seen that a few times before, mostly in Germany. You think it's bad in a building--try approaching the natural enemy of a drunk when it is between you and the facilities on something that's moving! Some of the tour boats on the Potomac are built that way--and serve alcohol. . .

Even better, just think about the skiing restaurants in the Alps. Ever tried to climb down the stairs with hard ski boots?

• 11 months later...

Looks like I will be somewhat late again this year--if they get my car fixed in time tomorrow. . .the company doing the sidewalks on my street succeeded in shattering my rear window yesterday afternoon sometime (after I used the car at 13:00 and before they finished at 18:00). I found the fragments of the rock that hit it, but that isn't good enough for them. At least my insurance covers most of it. . .if I can't force the rest out of them. . .

I hope all goes well tomorrow. . .because I am determined to make it again this year. :)

Edited by Ksarul

Hal does want to know who's coming so we get a big enough block of tables.

...lee

This has not been an issue in the past as there are rarely more than 8-10 people present at the Friday gathering, and were always able to grab a couple of tables. Given the amount of drinks and food we order, the owners have always been very accommodating ;)