Photo

Turbo for Intellivision

4 replies to this topic

#1 ChuckH OFFLINE  

ChuckH

Chopper Commander

• 228 posts

Posted Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:45 AM

Is there any possibility for hacking theTurbo rom for Intellivision as far as the controls are concerned? I use an emulator and the controls suck. It's an odd combination of up and either left or right. I guess it works ok on real hardware but with a keyboard in an emulator it's not good. It would be nice to have left as left and right is right. Daniel B. did a nice hack of this on Colecovision for use with the keyboard as that originally used a driving controller. Thanks.

#2 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Fallen Moderator

• 27,124 posts

Posted Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:14 AM

I guess it works ok on real hardware but with a keyboard in an emulator it's not good.

Nope, it sucks on the real thing too. It's just a bad port.

#3 ed1475 OFFLINE  

ed1475

Dragonstomper

• 853 posts

Posted Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:57 AM

I guess it works ok on real hardware but with a keyboard in an emulator it's not good.

Nope, it sucks on the real thing too. It's just a bad port.

The controls don't work right on an emulator because Coleco programmed the disc to work like a steering wheel. Push down on an edge and then rotate it like a steering wheel to move left or right. Pretty cool on the real hardware.

I agree that the gameplay isn't that good but it's fun for a while and the changing graphics are impressive. The Colecovision version is much better.

Edited by ed1475, Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:05 AM.

#4 Lauren Tyler OFFLINE  

Lauren Tyler

River Patroller

• 3,019 posts
  • Ragolian Ranger

Posted Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:55 PM

Is there any possibility for hacking theTurbo rom for Intellivision as far as the controls are concerned? I use an emulator and the controls suck. It's an odd combination of up and either left or right. I guess it works ok on real hardware but with a keyboard in an emulator it's not good. It would be nice to have left as left and right is right. Daniel B. did a nice hack of this on Colecovision for use with the keyboard as that originally used a driving controller. Thanks.

Where can I find this hack? I've yearned for a way to try Colecovision Turbo for the longest time!

#5 ChuckH OFFLINE  

ChuckH

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 228 posts

Posted Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:07 PM

Here's the hack for ColecoVision. Works great in most emulators.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users