IGNORED

Air Raid on the eBay - not mine

purduecrum

I have no idea what it will bring. For years I did not even know what the name was. I did a search earlier this week for "Atari 2600 blue t handle" and learned that the name was Air Raid. I about fell out of my chair when I saw the value.

I never had any instructions and only played it a few times (I guess the instructions were on the box....I really wish I had kept that box). When I was a kid all my friends would see the handle and want to trade for it, but after playing the game the offers would go away. By high school It got boxed up with all the other Atari stuff and has been following me around for years. Ocassionally, I would get the console out for a week or so. The wife would ask what I was doing with "that piece of junk in the living room" and I would put it back away. The Atari was the first expensive thing I saved up for to buy myself and I just never wanted to get rid of it.

I set up the 2600 today to test it out before I listed it. I can't say that I will miss the exciting game play.

If there is any close-up anyone would like to help verify that it is real I will galdly take photos for you. I have owned this game for a very long time and can say with confidence that quality control was not a major concern when they put it together. They did not even bother to trim where the plastic was injected into the mold. I remember picking at the extra plastic to get it off (the handle made it hard to get to).

Love the 3rd question in the auction :-D

I somehow do not believe that was him, I think he already has 2 of them. :ponder:

Hi,..I offer you 1,000 dollars for this game,..Please let me know Wonder007

or, I offer you 1,000 dollars plus combat (the one with picture on it)....Please let me know Wonder007

Wow, people are now using my name.....I think I know who it is......it is the guy that is willing to double my offer of 10 dollars for Red Sea Crossing.....go figure..... :ponder:

- Please let me know Wonder007

• Like 3

I am not comfortable posting an ebay id on the forum. I do not know what I can or cannot disclose legally. Nothing personal, but until two minutes ago I had no idea what Wonder007 was. If someone was trying to impress me by using your forum id.....it failed.

I was just making a joke when I signed off on my last response on this thread like the person did on your auction listing..... "please let me know Wonder007." I can care less who it is but I think it is not cool that somebody used my handle....... you might just want to delete that question from your auction as it is not me- it might actually help you with your auction if you delete it as many times people do not bid on an auction item when they know I am after it; for the record, I am not after your Air Raid as I already own two- one boxed and another one loose. Good luck with your auction.....I hope somebody from AA gets it.......

Am I the only one that doesn't think Air Raid is an Awful playing game? Not in my top 100, but probably not in my bottom 100 2600 games either. *shrug*

And I LOVE the handle. Someone, somehow, make a clearly labeled repro with the fancy T handle. :)

And back onto direct topic, I like how fast the auction price shot from 3 bids for $11 to 17 bids and $765. Who were the first two jokers thinking they could get this for $10???

I am not comfortable posting an ebay id on the forum. I do not know what I can or cannot disclose legally. Nothing personal, but until two minutes ago I had no idea what Wonder007 was. If someone was trying to impress me by using your forum id.....it failed.

What did you think a Wonder 007 was? Pretty sure I would have thought it was an E-bay handle. For the record, I have no idea what Wonders E-Bay I.D. is.

Love the 3rd question in the auction :-D

I somehow do not believe that was him, I think he already has 2 of them. :ponder:

Hi,..I offer you 1,000 dollars for this game,..Please let me know Wonder007

or, I offer you 1,000 dollars plus combat (the one with picture on it)....Please let me know Wonder007

Wow, people are now using my name.....I think I know who it is......it is the guy that is willing to double my offer of 10 dollars for Red Sea Crossing.....go figure..... :ponder:

- Please let me know Wonder007

You're misreading the question. Its "Please let me know Wonder007" as opposed to "Please let me know, Wonder007". He must be thinking its you trying to sell your duplicate :-D

On a serious note, this is disgraceful and I think that you have a right to know who is impersonating you on Ebay.

One more from next to the border. I know the last find supposedly disproved a Latin American connection, but read the thread:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/141850-the-i-believe-that-air-raid-is-from-latin-america-thread/page__hl__latin%20american__st__25

This makes one from a Mexican flea market, two from California, and two from Texas. I don't necessarily think it is a pirate or non-NTSC release, but I still suspect a link across the border.

One more from next to the border. I know the last find supposedly disproved a Latin American connection, but read the thread:

http://www.atariage....merican__st__25

This makes one from a Mexican flea market, two from California, and two from Texas. I don't necessarily think it is a pirate or non-NTSC release, but I still suspect a link across the border.

The box has made this a non-issue any more. The box makes it clear that its an officail Nth American release that was made in Taiwan. I would put it in the same category as Ultravision games (released in the US, made in Taiwan) and I'm almost certain that the same company made both of these, but I have no proof ;)

The rainbow at the top and the plastic liner seem familiar, but it was a long time ago. I remember being excited when I found it (the handle was so cool). I also remember thinking that the game sucked after playing it. I hardly ever played it, I just realled liked the way it looked.