IGNORED

New Pinball Arcade from makers of Williams Collection

I just got a PS4 and downloaded the demo for Pinball Arcade and there does not appear to be a cross-buy functionality, is that right? I bought a ton of tables on my PS3 and if I had a VITA those tables would be available to me, but if I want any of them on my PS4 I need to buy them again right? I'm not going to, I just wanted to confirm I wasn't going nuts with my theory.

No cross-buy functionality for PS4. FarSight has made it known publicly on their Facebook page that they feel the extra "work" they put into the lighting of the PS4 and XBOX ONE versions warrants a full re-purchase. :roll:

So I'm sure someone discussed this already but I am too lazy to go back 37 pages.

I just got a PS4 and downloaded the demo for Pinball Arcade and there does not appear to be a cross-buy functionality, is that right? I bought a ton of tables on my PS3 and if I had a VITA those tables would be available to me, but if I want any of them on my PS4 I need to buy them again right? I'm not going to, I just wanted to confirm I wasn't going nuts with my theory.

No cross-buy functionality for PS4. FarSight has made it known publicly on their Facebook page that they feel the extra "work" they put into the lighting of the PS4 and XBOX ONE versions warrants a full re-purchase. :roll:

Developers gotta eat too ya know! :P

So I'm sure someone discussed this already but I am too lazy to go back 37 pages.

If you purchased Season 1 on the PS3 you're suppose to get a 50% discount on Season 1 on the PS4. That's about it. People cry about Zen having cross buy and Farsight not having it but Zen actually uses fresh themes for their pinball tables that today's kids actually care about, not crap from 20 to 30 years ago. They're also based in Hungary so their labor expenses are a lot less than a company based in California.

Anything happening on the Xbox 360 front? How about season 2 on PS4?

I see that they have a poll for the next pre-1980 table to be added to Pinball Arcade.

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/9368-Farsight-s-Official-Pre-1980-Poll

Only have been four so far, two barely even qualify and have far more in common with pinball's modern era, and they were all recycled from the Pinball Hall of Fame line. Too bad the one that will almost certainly be picked will be the one most like a 1980's era pin, instead of something like an electro-mechanical classic that offers something a bit more unique.

I love modern pinball as much as the next guy and don't fault them in the slightest for focusing on the era that has the widest appeal, but the occasional exception would be nice to see.

Edited by Atariboy

Only have been four so far, two barely even qualify and have far more in common with pinball's modern era, and they were all recycled from the Pinball Hall of Fame line. Too bad the one that will almost certainly be picked will be the one most like a 1980's era pin, instead of something like an electro-mechanical classic that offers something a bit more unique.

EMs are fine but I just don't feel they are worth the money FarSight wants to charge. They are so simple, game times are short, etc. If they are going to do older games, I'd rather have more early solid state games from '77 and on as opposed to EM games. I'd also like to see more System 80 Gottlieb/Premier games from the mid 1980s, stuff like TX Sector, Genesis, Hollywood Heat, etc.

EMs are fine but I just don't feel they are worth the money FarSight wants to charge. They are so simple, game times are short, etc. If they are going to do older games, I'd rather have more early solid state games from '77 and on as opposed to EM games.

I don't disagree, but a look back to the past before this era still would be nice every once in a while.

Perhaps even double up with a bundle of two for what we usually now pay for a single table, since I imagine that something like Spirit of '76 isn't going to cost nearly what it runs to recreate something more modern and far more complex.

That would help the value proposition and provide some occasional coverage of an important era for pinball in a product that they claim to be all about preserving this heritage (Which I can't help but roll my eyes at when I see them throw that word around when they're utilizing digital distribution to get these things out there).

Edited by Atariboy

There's a Pinball Arcade sale on PSN this week. $15 for Season 1 (PS4 or PS3/Vita cross-buy) or Season 2 (PS3/Vita cross-buy only). Pro Seasons or Pro upgrades are on sale too.

PSN as in PS3 or PS4? Nevermind; I just reread your post... :P

Edited by stardust4ever

I don't disagree, but a look back to the past before this era still would be nice every once in a while.

There is currently a huge Xenon vs Paragon poll going down on pinballarcadefans that I suggest you participate in if you care about EM era tables (yes I know they're technically Solid State but they're of the older variety with EM-like playfields). Xenon is winning by a nose! :D

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/9402-Top-3-Showdown-Farsight-s-Official-Pre-1980-Poll

There is currently a huge Xenon vs Paragon poll going down on pinballarcadefans that I suggest you participate in if you care about EM era tables (yes I know they're technically Solid State but they're of the older variety with EM-like playfields). Xenon is winning by a nose! :D

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/9402-Top-3-Showdown-Farsight-s-Official-Pre-1980-Poll

I went Xenon. Have never played either one, but I think I'd prefer a standard table to a shorter wide bodied one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Now I see why people like the Addams Family table so much since playing it on Steam.

It also looks like Steam will get DX11 sometime in the next 3 or 4 months and leaderboards and tournaments are on the horizon.

We're on track to add DX11 lighting into the March update.

Adding the (Addams Family) gold ROM and a second leaderboard was done in anticipation of adding tournament difficulty settings and more leaderboards.

Adding the ROMs and leaderboards is not simple and we'll have to do it one table at a time.

I'm planning on us adding the (tournament) difficulty settings / leaderboards into the PC build at the same time we add PC tournaments.