IGNORED

New Pinball Arcade from makers of Williams Collection

I now just downloaded the Zaccaria set(the free thing) for my tablet. Looking forward to trying those tables when I get the time.

I just downloaded that yesterday and boy is it incredible!.Unlike The Pinball Arcade where you have to buy the pins in pack,all the pins here are unlocked but unfortunately to get play the without the banner at the bottom(which isn't that annoying) and offline play you gotta pay :( but it's still good. After playing it for a while I found some new favorites.I love how in the background you have people talking like in a real arcade.I dunno which is better,the Zaccaria pins or The Pinball Arcade(TPA has a slighter advantage but both are equally good).One thing that I have noticed is that if my phone goes to sleep while the app is running or I exit to my android's home screen the app will still be playable but the screen will be dark(gotta restart the app to fix).Anybody else with this game experience this?.

On topic:I love Xenon and all(one of my fav pins of all time) but how did it win a pre 1980 poll when it came out in 1980.Correct me if i'm wrong but dosen't pre mean BEFORE???.

Don't question it, it's at least giving us another old solid state table. I do like the DMDs a lot, but sometimes the early to mid 80's stuff can be lot more fun because you don't have to memorize like 50 modes of gameplay. I just wish they would add Eight Ball Deluxe already. I really want some way to play it without having to go to a vintage arcade.

I just downloaded that yesterday and boy is it incredible!.Unlike The Pinball Arcade where you have to buy the pins in pack,all the pins here are unlocked but unfortunately to get play the without the banner at the bottom(which isn't that annoying) and offline play you gotta pay :( but it's still good. After playing it for a while I found some new favorites.I love how in the background you have people talking like in a real arcade.I dunno which is better,the Zaccaria pins or The Pinball Arcade(TPA has a slighter advantage but both are equally good).One thing that I have noticed is that if my phone goes to sleep while the app is running or I exit to my android's home screen the app will still be playable but the screen will be dark(gotta restart the app to fix).Anybody else with this game experience this?.

On topic:I love Xenon and all(one of my fav pins of all time) but how did it win a pre 1980 poll when it came out in 1980.Correct me if i'm wrong but dosen't pre mean BEFORE???.

Mobile devices are jacks of all trades, masters of none. Battery saving features of the mobile device, incoming calls, texts, interrupt and ruin the gameplay. Nevermind touchscreen gaming will never have the tactile response of a dedicated gamepad. I don't even own a smart phone. Don't need one. Some people hate me for it, but my Ouya is the perfect little indie game fun box. It and the Wii-U/3DS are my sole 8th gen consoles.

Another thing to try out, is the new Babylon and Quantic Pinball games. They have a completely different feel to them compared to the realism with TPA. They play more like old-school 2D pinball, but are really fun regardless.

Also if you want realistic fantasy pinball, check out Zen. I have all the non-Marvel tables on my Wii-U, plus the Star Wars releases.

Edited by stardust4ever
  • Like 1

I just wanted to post this for Random Terrain. Farsight is again teasing Xbox 360 customers. They put up a screenshot of the Addams Family with a wired Xbox 360 controller in a thread in the 360 forum at pinballarcadefans.com

Of course it's only a screenshot so all it means is they have made it work on their systems. I'll believe they're going to release it when it's actually in the marketplace.

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/7731-TPA-to-Return-to-XBox-360?p=194503&viewfull=1#post194503

• Like 1

It's all a lie, I bet it's the Steam version. ;) [Edit: I see that the button icons match the 360 controller, so hopefully they're serious; although I've seen PC games with support of the 360 controller do this from time to time as well.]

At this point, I wouldn't buy it even if it did. Originally, I didn't buy the early 360 tables since I hadn't yet spent much time with the 360 version of the William's Collection after playing it so much on the PS2 and Wii, figuring there was no point yet to make that leap to Pinball Arcade until I had. Then when I was ready, I held off supporting it over on the PS3 due to all the flipper lag complaints, preferring to wait on the publishing issues to be ironed out on the 360 where that seemed to be a non-issue.

But that obviously didn't end up happening and now with the improved lighting on more powerful hardware like the PS4, I'm just going to wait until I make the jump to there one of these days, even if it appeared today on the 360.

Edited by Atariboy

But that obviously didn't end up happening and now with the improved lighting on more powerful hardware like the PS4, I'm just going to wait until I make the jump to there one of these days, even if it appeared today on the 360.

I've probably said this before, but if I get a new console it probably won't be for a long time and it will probably be a PS4 or PS5 when I do. So if they really get these games on the 360, I'll buy them.

I'd like to have both before they fade into the sunset, although I still have a lot of mileage left in my Wii U and at least 3 or 4 new releases left to look forward to. Maybe a PS4 next year, since the New 3DS XL is looking tempting at the moment. MS has annoyed me too much in recent years to get that one first, so that will be a late buy for a few exclusives.

And that's ignoring a huge backlog stretching back to the VCS.

Edited by Atariboy

Will the tables, Pinball Arcade, look/play better on the 360 vs the PS3?

I noticed Zen Pinball 2 runs at 1080i on the 360 vs 720p on the PS3.

The game was originally designed as a 360 game and then ported to the PS3. I have tables for both systems and I'd say the game plays a lot better on the 360 and I think it looks a little better there as well.

Confirmed: Farsight still hasn't bothered submitting the Xbox 360 version to Microsoft even though it's supposedly been really close to being finished for almost a year now.

It's in our QA now and it's looking pretty good. We still will need to submit it to Microsoft for approval before it becomes available. I imagine we will make an announcement when it becomes approved.

lol

They've been saying "soon" for about two and a half years now. At this point, I expect Half-Life 3 to happen before Farsight releases anything further on the Xbox 360.

And I gave up on Half-Life 3 ever happening quite a while ago...

The 360 will be big business for quite a while yet. So if they ever finally followed through after all these years, there's no reason why it shouldn't be a viable financial proposition for them as long as it happens "soon".

Edited by Atariboy

Too bad they're not available on either Wii-U or Ouya. I don't own a "smart" device and have no plans on getting the X-Bone or the PS Bore. :roll:

I'm just happy they stepped beyond iOS. According to the play store, it hasn't had much downloads. But, it's a bit obscure. Wish I could use my regular game controller on it. Only the d-pad works for shaking it, but I can't assign buttons for flippers.

Moving my hand to the top of the screen to nudge doesn't work out.

Going further off-topic, for those with "Smart" devices I recommend checking out the new Pro Pinball Timeshock remake, as well as Little Wing's modern remake of their early '90s Macintosh/PC pinball game, Crystal Caliburn. Both are very well made games. Another recommendation is the iOS port of Kaze's Last Gladiators pinball, a game that was originally available on the Saturn. The physics are a little dated in this one but the soundtrack and visuals still hold up very well. The pack is a little expensive for what it is though. None of these are based on real tables, but Timeshock is having a real machine made based on it.

Edited by Austin

• 2 weeks later...