IGNORED

New Pinball Arcade from makers of Williams Collection

I read an 'official' comment on either the Farsight or PSN blog last week that the first PS3/360 DLC packs are probably 3 weeks away. But, the first two DLC packs should both release on the same day. Gives me 3 weeks to finish up the damn Ripley's Wizard Goals. :D

Unfortunately both packs include one new table and one from the Williams HoF retail disc. (Bride of Pinbot/Medieval Madness and Cirqus Voltaire/Funhouse) Great tables for people who don't have Williams HoF, but seems like they're really milking the fanbase with double dips. I wish they'd offer the new tables individually so I don't have to re-buy the updated versions.

Ah, OK, so we will likely be getting four tables on the same day. Nice!

The double dipping kind of bugs me, but at least the tables look enhanced. Tales of the Arabian Nights looks leagues better than it does on the Williams Collection, and Funhouse is looking to be the same! Haven't seen Medieval Madness yet.

I look forward to seeing if I can make my game go as long on this new Funhouse as I did the old one! :lol:

I won't mind getting some of the games from the other collections. At least I'll be able to get to my favorite games quickly without needing to put a disc in. I'll be getting Funhouse for sure. I like whacking that guy in the face with my balls.

• Like 2

Any idea when new tables come for the PS3 version? It's been about a month now since the game released. I had heard they would release two new tables a month so I'm really hoping next week's PSN update shows two new ones. Unfortunately it looks like Fun House and Circus Voltair instead of Medieval Madness and Bride of Pinbot. I really want Bride and I have played Fun House to death so I won't be downloading that table.

Any idea when new tables come for the PS3 version? It's been about a month now since the game released. I had heard they would release two new tables a month so I'm really hoping next week's PSN update shows two new ones. Unfortunately it looks like Fun House and Circus Voltair instead of Medieval Madness and Bride of Pinbot. I really want Bride and I have played Fun House to death so I won't be downloading that table.

On the 10th they stated that it would be at least three weeks before the PS3 and 360 versions are getting the tables. However, those platforms should be getting both sets at the same time, so, four tables on the next update. Makes the wait a little more palatable. :thumbsup:

$10 for one table? Yeah right. Looks like people with the 360 version won't get the Twilight Zone table unless this is fully funded. I figured something like that would happen because Microsoft won't let people put DLC out on XBLA for free. At least that happened to NASCAR The Game 2011. Microsoft made them charge $2 for something that had been promised to be a free download after the game came out.

Looks like people with the 360 version won't get the Twilight Zone table unless this is fully funded.

No one will get this table unless it's fully funded.

360 users would have to double donate to get it funded and bought or hope others fund it so they can buy it. That was my point really.

Looks like people with the 360 version won't get the Twilight Zone table unless this is fully funded.

No one will get this table unless it's fully funded.

360 users would have to double donate to get it funded and bought or hope others fund it so they can buy it. That was my point really.

I get what you meant now.

I still think giving it some time might've saw some of these asking prices going down drastically if they let some of their discussions with the various entities involved stay idle for a year or two.

Oh well, never saw this table in real life, like the IP it's based off, and it looks fun. So I hope they meet their goal even if I think they should've held out for a while as a negotiating tactic.

FarSight just sent out a newsletter, and in it they state they were #2 in downloads via PSN for the month of April. I don't hear many people talking about this game, so it's good to see they are doing well!

As far as the Twilight Zone Kickstarter goes, it's a shame about Microsoft's practices/requirements and that 360 owners will be shafted. I might still donate a buck or two, unless I happen to obtain a PS3 in the next 30 days (unlikely, hehe).

Really wish this game would make it to Steam! I wouldn't mind having it on my PC, taking advantage of the hardware and memory I have. :thumbsup:

I see in one of the Kickstarter FAQs FarSight says they could probably get Star Trek The Next Generation as well if they double their goal since it's also owned by CBS.

my interpretation of the FAQ was that if this kickstarter was successful, they would start another kickstarter for the same amount to get ST:TNG since it would cost about the same.

not that if this kickstarter gets twice the goal, they would get both tables.

i stand corrected...

"We’ve set up a Kickstarter project for the Twilight Zone (just the licenses, not the development costs- we’ll cover all of those ourselves). If we can raise enough money through Kickstarter we’ll be able to digitize the Twilight Zone and preserve one of the greatest pinball tables of all time. If we don’t reach our goal no credit cards will be charged, but if we raise more than our goal we’ll be able to digitize other licensed tables as well (like Star Trek: The Next Generation!) "

But for accounting purposes, it'd make more sense to have a separate Kickstarter. What if they only raise $75K for Twilight Zone? How would that be applied toward Star Trek? Would backers get a 2 for 1 deal? Does everyone who contributed toward that $75K get credit for both even though they didn't raise enough?

Edited by onlysublime

I happily chipped in and I have only participated in 2 kickstarters. Even though I'll most likely play the 360 version, Twilight Zone is one of my favorite tables. Now if we could just get The Addam's Family as well, I'll be in hog heaven.

• Like 1

I'd bet those donations would dry up quick if people knew these guys also created the Action 52 cartridge for the Sega Genesis.

Anyway, finally got this running on my phone, and it was okay. Bride of Pin-Bot ran at a sketchy frame rate, making it tough to play, but Ripley's worked perfectly well. I suspect they would have gotten better performance if they had went with 2D graphics, or at least lightened up on the polygons.