IGNORED

New Pinball Arcade from makers of Williams Collection

I just want halfway realistic physics on the android port. :( I want to be able to practice these tables when I'm away from home or the arcade, but nuclear-powered flippers make it difficult.

Oh man. I have the same problem on the android based Kindle Fire. Not only that but on the Fire it sometimes glitches and freezes up. Sometimes the ball just disappears and re-appears where it was headed. For 99 cents I guess I get what I paid for.

Well, you tap the ball with a flipper and it rockets all the way up the highest ramp at 400MPH. It's stupid.

It's the same way in the console versions as well, likewise with the old Williams HOF packages. I don't mind the power on the newer tables as much as I do the older tables.

Trust me, it's way worse on the android version. And common between the Pinball Arcade home & portable versions is the super-powered launcher. You can't under-launch a ball.

I finished the Wizard goals for the other three tables on PS3. Ripley's Frog Frenzy was frustrating so I gave up for now.

Ditto those two sentences for me. Took the words right out of my mouth. :) But, darn it, I was hoping someone would have some useful insight for Frog Frenzy.

Well, anyway, if most people are preferring to look at scores rather than the goals, here are my current highs:

Black Hole: 1,163,760

Theatre of Magic: 4,451,774,130

Tales of the Arabian Nights: 90,232,940

Ripley's Believe It or Not: 127,279,170

I think most of these are pretty decent, at least in the top few hundred on the leaderboards (mobile users dominate all tables but Tales, though, so among console scores, I think I've actually done pretty well). My Tales score is 1200th, however, so I guess I should work on that.

onmode-ky

• Like 1

Well, you tap the ball with a flipper and it rockets all the way up the highest ramp at 400MPH. It's stupid.

It's the same way in the console versions as well, likewise with the old Williams HOF packages. I don't mind the power on the newer tables as much as I do the older tables.

Trust me, it's way worse on the android version. And common between the Pinball Arcade home & portable versions is the super-powered launcher. You can't under-launch a ball.

I have underlaunched a ball with the 360 version. Yes, it's much harder to control your launches in Pinball Arcade versus Pinball Hall of fame, but there is still some control in PA (margin of error is very little now).

I have underlaunched a ball with the 360 version. Yes, it's much harder to control your launches in Pinball Arcade versus Pinball Hall of fame, but there is still some control in PA (margin of error is very little now).

I don't have a big problem with it, but it is pretty noticeable (in a bad way) on Tales of the Arabian Nights. Trying to get that first hole on the launch is tough. I don't recall it being as difficult on the Williams collection as it is now.

I don't have a big problem with it, but it is pretty noticeable (in a bad way) on Tales of the Arabian Nights. Trying to get that first hole on the launch is tough. I don't recall it being as difficult on the Williams collection as it is now.

Try launching below the first hole. It's impossible on the android version. Might as well have a big glowing LAUNCH button insteade.

Try launching below the first hole. It's impossible on the android version. Might as well have a big glowing LAUNCH button insteade.

I'm pretty sure it's impossible in the 360 version too. Most of the time I am unable to even hit the first hole--the ball usually goes too far. Of the tables available on the console releases now though, that's the only one where it makes a difference.

like I said, it's very easy on PHoF. and very difficult on PA. but it's doable as long as you move the stick at millimeter distances.

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea when new tables come for the PS3 version? It's been about a month now since the game released. I had heard they would release two new tables a month

On the 10th they stated that it would be at least three weeks before the PS3 and 360 versions are getting the tables. However, those platforms should be getting both sets at the same time, so, four tables on the next update.

......... sooooooo ....... it's been another month now and still no new tables to download for the PS3 version ...... ummmmm ..... did FarSight Studios just forget about this game? Just how "far" are they "sighting" these releases to be?

Actually, the Bride of Pinbot/Medieval Madness pack released last night on PSN. Just that DLC pair though with no sign of Funhouse/Cirqus Voltaire yet. Apparently they're not releasing the first two packs at the same time...

At $5 for each two table bundle, and always with one that's already on the Williams HoF, I'm not buying any of them. I'm sure they'll have a DLC sale or larger bundle later.

(Also, the Marvel Pinball : Avengers 4-pack was released in the UK today and is supposed to be released in the US next week. I'll be buying that next Tuesday. :) )

Actually, the Bride of Pinbot/Medieval Madness pack released last night on PSN. Just that DLC pair though with no sign of Funhouse/Cirqus Voltaire yet.

Okay that's weird, I checked PSN last night at 8:00 Pacific time and there was definitely no new tables. I figured maybe Sony was busy compiling their E3 stuff and didn't bother to do any updates.

I'll check again tonight.

Yeah,I'm upset too,man!Hell,nothing new since Apr. for PS Vita at all either.Bummer!!

I'm pretty sure all DLC is a single, cross-compatible purchase for PS3 & Vita so the first two table pack is now available... the DLC purchase makes more sense on Vita since the tables from Williams HoF aren't available on Vita.

......... sooooooo ....... it's been another month now and still no new tables to download for the PS3 version ...... ummmmm ..... did FarSight Studios just forget about this game? Just how "far" are they "sighting" these releases to be?

Yeah,I'm upset too,man!Hell,nothing new since Apr. for PS Vita at all either.Bummer!!

Rather than getting upset, just take a look at what FarSight wrote on June 6th. Here is an excerpt for the PlayStation portion; they describe the reasons for the Microsoft delay in more detail in the actual post:

The first table pack (Medieval Madness and Bride of PinBot) will be released for the PS Vita on June 12th, and for the PlayStation 3 on June 26th.

The second table pack (Cirqus Voltaire and Funhouse) will be released for the PlayStation 3 on June 26th and for the PS Vita on July 3rd.

Maybe you do get both PS3 and PSV content in the same purchase, but they won't actually be available to download at the same time.

Sometimes, it pays to look for information before complaining it doesn't exist. . . .

onmode-ky

Come on Microsoft, stop making us wait. I was in the mood, so I just played

and beat my high score (2,182,002,220).

Speaking of that, I wish they would fix the 9,999,999,999 cap. It's the only reason I don't play that table now. Apparently it's not broken in the tablet/smartphone versions.

Come on Microsoft, stop making us wait. I was in the mood, so I just played

and beat my high score (2,182,002,220).

Speaking of that, I wish they would fix the 9,999,999,999 cap. It's the only reason I don't play that table now. Apparently it's not broken in the tablet/smartphone versions.

I'll never have to worry about that since multiball almost always means I'll lose my balls in a few seconds.

Actually, the Bride of Pinbot/Medieval Madness pack released last night on PSN. Just that DLC pair though with no sign of Funhouse/Cirqus Voltaire yet.

Okay that's weird, I checked PSN last night at 8:00 Pacific time and there was definitely no new tables. I figured maybe Sony was busy compiling their E3 stuff and didn't bother to do any updates.

I'll check again tonight.

Ugh.

Well here's a Public Service Announcement for anyone. The Bride of Pinbot / Medieval Madness DLC that now shows up on PSN is FOR PS VITA ONLY. I searched for it, found it, didn't read the fine print and bought it only to discover it is only for Vita, not for the PS3 version. Guess I should have paid more attention to onmode-ky's quote....

The first table pack (Medieval Madness and Bride of PinBot) will be released for the PS Vita on June 12th, and for the PlayStation 3 on June 26th.

The second table pack (Cirqus Voltaire and Funhouse) will be released for the PlayStation 3 on June 26th and for the PS Vita on July 3rd.

However, I'm not feeling too bad. The five bucks was from a gift card anyway so it's not like I just wasted my own money and if it puts more cash in FarSight's pockets and keeps them supporting this title then I don't mind.

But a warning to the group: the one on PSN right now is PS VITA ONLY

Anyone else find TPA a bit glitchy at times with the Vita?Hell,my left flipper sticks in the up position in ToM and on BoPB.What gives??I have the new 1.69 update and that is supposed to smooth out software running issues on Vita games!It is a glitch that comes and goes at times for me.A reboot helps at times,and others it lingers on.Any thoughts?

Flippers sometimes stick in the 360 version as well. I don't think it's the controller, because it doesn't happen to me in other games outside of the Pinball Hall of Fame Williams collection and the Pinball Arcade.

If I remember correctly, I never had a flipper stick on my Xbox 360. Maybe you have to do fancy tricks for it to happen?