Vic-20 MegaCart orders

13 replies to this topic

#1 frankodragon OFFLINE  

frankodragon

Stargunner

• 1,338 posts
  • Green dragon with a bad Sonic haircut

Posted Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:33 PM

I really want to get one so I sent an order confirmation. Is the guy still taking orders or is he just very busy so the confirmation will take a while?

#2 OldSchoolRetroGamer ONLINE  

OldSchoolRetroGamer

River Patroller

• 3,716 posts
  • Do you FEEL in charge?

Posted Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:32 PM

If you have not already I suggest posing the question on the Denial Forums as they seem to be the officially associated forums:

http://sleepingeleph...in/bb/index.php
http://sleepingeleph...&highlight=mega

I do recall a while back many people asking about back orders etc.

#3 ls650 OFFLINE  

ls650

Quadrunner

• 5,081 posts
  • Atari rocks!

Posted Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:31 PM

I ordered one on Feb 14. I received an email on March 9th stating that I was in "the queue" and that my order would be ready for shipping in 10 to 12 weeks, at which time I would be asked for payment.

YMMV.

#4 krslam OFFLINE  

krslam

Chopper Commander

• 168 posts

Posted Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:27 PM

I ordered one on Feb 14. I received an email on March 9th stating that I was in "the queue" and that my order would be ready for shipping in 10 to 12 weeks, at which time I would be asked for payment.

YMMV.

I think it's taking longer than that. I was told in mid December that I was in an 8-week queue, and haven't heard from them since.

#5 wood_jl OFFLINE  

wood_jl

Quadrunner

• 6,054 posts

Posted Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:01 PM

YMMV.

I think it's taking longer than that. I was told in mid December that I was in an 8-week queue, and haven't heard from them since.

Same deal here, but I was told NOV 9th (2011) the same thing and haven't heard anything yet.

#6 frankodragon OFFLINE  

frankodragon

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,338 posts

Posted Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:39 PM

It'll take longer than 8 weeks. I've been on the queue since November too. http://sleepingeleph...5921dfc00e33bb9

#7 akator OFFLINE  

akator

River Patroller

• 2,280 posts

Posted Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:39 AM

In March 2010 I signed up and received the confirmation. In August 2010 I received another email saying it would be ready in 4 weeks. In April 2011 I received another email stating that I was in the top 20 of the queue and would be billed when the cart shipped. By that time I no longer had a VIC-20, so I cancelled the order.

#8 frankodragon OFFLINE  

frankodragon

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,338 posts

Posted Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:13 PM

I just got my MegaCart yesterday. It took a year but it's well worth it. (Interesting how I started this thread the same day last year, October 25)

#9 wood_jl OFFLINE  

wood_jl

Quadrunner

• 6,054 posts

Posted Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:34 PM

Mine was ordered on 10/23/11 and ready to ship 10/11/12.

I had one before, but I sold it in frustration, when a faulty power supply took out all my C= computers. Then I realized my mistake (missed it!) and wanted it back, but my buyer didn't want to sell it back to me!
Replacement VICs are cheap on Ebay.

I had mine shipped to my folks' house, and I'm pretty sure it's waiting for me now.

You just can't get in a hurry for one. This is really a hobby project. It's not exactly cheap, and not available quickly. So it takes time and money. But it's so incredible, it is worth it!

#10 RickR OFFLINE  

RickR

Dragonstomper

• 774 posts

Posted Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:30 PM

May I ask what general ballpark you all paid for shipping? I'm assuming it comes from Canada, but not sure what shipping will cost

#11 wood_jl OFFLINE  

wood_jl

Quadrunner

• 6,054 posts

Posted Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:23 PM

May I ask what general ballpark you all paid for shipping? I'm assuming it comes from Canada, but not sure what shipping will cost

Mine was $12.00CAD for shipping. The seller wants to be paid in CAD funds. I think the dollars are about on par as of right now, but then there was a stupid Paypal "conversion fee" that was a little extra.

#12 frankodragon OFFLINE  

frankodragon

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,338 posts

Posted Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:50 PM

It was in that $10-12US fund ballpark for shipping. Airmail.

#13 ls650 OFFLINE  

ls650

Quadrunner

• 5,081 posts
  • Atari rocks!

Posted Sat Apr 6, 2013 11:34 PM

Update... I finally received an update on March 14, 2013, thirteen months after I placed an order.

#14 Games For Your Intellivision OFFLINE  

Games For Your Intellivision

Stargunner

• 1,351 posts

Posted Sun May 19, 2013 5:02 PM

Yikes,

I just placed an order. I don't want to wait a year.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users