IGNORED

Seaweed Assault is Finally Finished (Atari 2600 Game)

Random Terrain

You can download the .bin file from the post linked to below and try it with your favorite emulator or Harmony cartridge on a real Atari 2600:

www.atariage.com/forums/topic/173190-seaweed-assault/

And here is a link to the online manual:

www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-program-seaweed-assault.html

• Like 4

Very cool! Any plans to release as a cart?
I just tried it out. It is an awesome game! The sound effects are really good. Will this be coming out on a cart?

Thanks. If it seems like enough people are interested, anything is possible.

• Like 1

Very cool! Any plans to release as a cart?
I just tried it out. It is an awesome game! The sound effects are really good. Will this be coming out on a cart?

Thanks. If it seems like enough people are interested, anything is possible.

I still have the original cart label I created for you. It's yours if you want it. Just need to update the copyright year :)

-B

• Like 1

I still have the original cart label I created for you. It's yours if you want it. Just need to update the copyright year :)

Thanks.

It sounds amazing, but why are there no screenshots? Could you provide a few please? Thanks for all your hard work!

There is a screenshot here:

www.atariage.com/forums/topic/173190-seaweed-assault/

Edited by Random Terrain
  • Like 1

Well.....we know if you make it a cart and release it, I will buy it as will many others.....Show us a pic and give us a cheap price!

Thanks for a great release.... Id take #11 if you number them??

Thanks. I don't know if they'd be numbered.

I would buy this.

Thanks.

If the price is right, I'd buy a cart too! Fun game!

Thanks. I guess it depends on who makes the carts and how much it costs to make them.

Congrats on finishing your first game! It's lots of fun to play and i'm sure we'll see it in the AA-Store sooner or later.

Thanks. I don't think it will ever be in the AA store. Albert hates me more than a power outage during a group event. :grin:

Nicely done RT!

I'm looking forward to taking the final version for a spin tonight. :thumbsup:

Thanks. Schizophretard provided a lot of ideas and did a lot of game testing.

YAY! Can't wait to fire it up!

Setting Atari cartridges on fire is not recommended.

Where's the cart? :D

You didn't receive yours yet? That's what I get for using an Angry Birds style giant sling shot.

Big thanks for releasing your game as a real download rather than just teasing all over the place...

Of course the full game is free to try. If you find the Easter egg, it will melt your Harmony cart and you'll have to buy a new one (batari will give me 25 percent of the sale). :-D

• Like 1

Thanks.

RT,

Here's the updated artwork for the cart labels.

If you need them, let me know.

-B

Sir, you have talent! Are you able to do the same theme but have it look similar to the scary title screen? Like black water? Maybe something like the Manatee on top shooting down at the word seaweed and move that text to the bottom?

Thanks.

RT,

-B

Sir, you have talent! Are you able to do the same theme but have it look similar to the scary title screen? Like black water? Maybe something like the Manatee on top shooting down at the word seaweed and move that text to the bottom?

Hi Schizophretard,

I don't really have time to make any major edits to the artwork. I figured if RT wanted to get the cart out, it would make his life easier (and mine!) to just use the label I created a while back. I'm just too bogged down with other things right now to rework the artwork.

If you guys really want to see some other options, then perhaps you could start a label contest and open it up to everyone.

Thanks,

-B

Thanks.

RT,

-B

Hi Schizophretard,

I don't really have time to make any major edits to the artwork. I figured if RT wanted to get the cart out, it would make his life easier (and mine!) to just use the label I created a while back. I'm just too bogged down with other things right now to rework the artwork.

If you guys really want to see some other options, then perhaps you could start a label contest and open it up to everyone.

Thanks,

-B

It's cool as is. I'm just always curious about other options. Ask RT. I tortured the Hell out of him with,"Is this possible? How about this? No, I was wrong about it and it worked better before the change I suggested...."A label contest sounds like a good idea so, congratulations you are already the winner! :thumbsup: