IGNORED

Jaguar SCART Cable?

Tempest

Was there an official Atari Jaguar SCART cable? I see one or two on ebay and they look homemade and not official so I'm curious.

Also, where is the best (and cheapest) place to get one? Now that I have a SCART/RGB to VGA adapter setup, I'd like to breakout the Jaguar and play with it some.

b54a_1.JPG?set_id=7

That's the official Jaguar Peritel/SCART cable. I've had 5 different types of SCART lead so far but none have been very robust. The official one has been best, but I've had problems with the scart plug cover coming apart and one of them has stereo sound issues. The three ribbon type home made ones have all been pretty crappy. The other one I've had since the Jaguar was new, it's a bit flakey & was yet another botchy home-made thing. I do a lot of switching around of cables to test of different machines etc., so I'm probably giving them a bit more stick than they normally would get. I'd say if you do that stay well away from the ribbon type ones, they fail as soon as you look at them.

Next time I'm trying one of these.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Since peritel is a French invention you might wanna try European auction sites

Yeah my ebay search already includes European sites that will ship to the US. They're pretty expensive over there too!

I wonder if I'm better off trying to get a Catbox for the RGB? That's really all I need, the SCART connector is just an easy way to get that.

What are you hooking it up to? I've got a Jag to SC1435 RGB cable that I bought from either Best Electronics or B&C. Looks great on the Atari SC1435 monitor. If you're hooking it up to a different monitor then obviously you would need an adapter, though you would need one with the Catbox as well.

Mitch

I've got one around the house somewhere, but I haven't got a clue where. If I find it before you get one somewhere else I'll let you know. I've also got an official ( :D ) homemade Atari Jaguar VGA cable that came with my kiosk. Atari used it at shows. That I don't want to sell.

As far as I know, the kiosks only came with the Atari SC1435 RGB monitors in them. The use the same cable I mentioned above.

I just dug up the paper copy of Best Electronics catalog. They have the Jag Scart cable listed for $24 part number CB102979. I believe they still have them in stock. Send them an email or call, don't trust their website.

Mitch

• Like 1

If I had anymore of the 24 pin connectors in stock, I could pretty easily put together a Scart cable for you.

Are there any other members interested in Scart cables for the Jag? Perhaps I need to do a second run of Jag RGB cables but this time as Scart RGB.

I've got one around the house somewhere, but I haven't got a clue where. If I find it before you get one somewhere else I'll let you know. I've also got an official ( :D ) homemade Atari Jaguar VGA cable that came with my kiosk. Atari used it at shows. That I don't want to sell.

As far as I know, the kiosks only came with the Atari SC1435 RGB monitors in them. The use the same cable I mentioned above.

I just dug up the paper copy of Best Electronics catalog. They have the Jag Scart cable listed for $24 part number CB102979. I believe they still have them in stock. Send them an email or call, don't trust their website.

Mitch

Now I need to fish it out and look at it. The monitor in my kiosk is an advent with the shell removed. The cable I've got looks like a very unusually long cable coiled up and down in the base. I don't know if I have a key. The guy I bought it from said VGA for trade shows. I took him at his word, but maybe I'm spreading bad info.

Just had my memory jogged by a tweet that flew by - consolegoods.co.uk sell a SCART lead for the Jaguar for under £14.00 ($22ish US), not sure what he'd want for delivery. I've been dealing with Rob for well over a decade now and never had a problem with anything he's made or sold to me. If you're still stuck for one maybe he's someone who could help you out (his site is full of goodies so you might be able to find one or two more items to make the shipping more worthwhile).

• Like 3

Just had my memory jogged by a tweet that flew by - consolegoods.co.uk sell a SCART lead for the Jaguar for under £14.00 ($22ish US), not sure what he'd want for delivery. I've been dealing with Rob for well over a decade now and never had a problem with anything he's made or sold to me. If you're still stuck for one maybe he's someone who could help you out (his site is full of goodies so you might be able to find one or two more items to make the shipping more worthwhile).

That might be the way to go. Once I get my Jag hooked back up I might just do that.

• Like 2