IGNORED

Atari 2600 Boulder Dash (R) Announced!

Albert

I won't be reselling my 2nd copy once I pre-order it. I want a backup in case anything ever happens to my "play" copy. I'm keeping the 2nd one with my parents who live out of state. Boulderdash IS that good of a game!

This sounds like that comedian that does the jokes about how do you know when your a redneck.

How do you know when you have gone crazy, when you implement a disaster recovery system for your atari carts. :)

• Like 3

finally ordered my one copy before all the greedy resellers wipe out the inventory!

I won't be reselling my 2nd copy once I pre-order it. I want a backup in case anything ever happens to my "play" copy. I'm keeping the 2nd one with my parents who live out of state. Boulderdash IS that good of a game!

But now that we know where your backup is, you need a 3rd copy kept in secret to eliminate any deliberate attacks on your collection.

• Like 3

Just wanted to give everyone an update on the progress we're making with Boulder Dash! We've been hard at work testing the game and tweaking it to make sure it runs properly on all the Atari 2600 hardware we can throw at it, as well as testing the color palettes in PAL and NTSC modes. Since Thomas and Andrew live in PAL countries (Germany and Australia, respectively), it's fallen on me to do the NTSC testing.

Here are some photos of me testing a slew of Atari 2600 Jr. systems and some 7800 consoles. Also including a few photos taken of various levels tested on a 20" Sony CRT television.

bd_juniors.jpg

bd_7800s.jpg

Some screen captures:

IMG_3569.jpg

IMG_3571.jpg

IMG_3575.jpg

IMG_3587.jpg

IMG_3589.jpg

IMG_3600.jpg

IMG_3606.jpg

More updates soon!

..Al

• Like 7

The monitor would need to be properly calibrated using color bars (and a colorimeter, if possible). That would eliminate it as a variable. An off-the-shelf calibration DVD would be adequate. As for the consoles, that's a problem because they may vary from unit to unit, even within the same model type. So you'd just have to compare them to each other, and hope they were close enough to form a consensus (for what it's worth - I don't think the calibration instructions for the Videosoft Color Bar cart are correct - because it's having you take two different colors, and adjusting the 2600 to make them match). But it has to start with a calibrated display, or color evaluations are effectively useless.

Its hard to believe that there is anything too sell right now .There was soo many people saying that they would buy this if its ever done for years on this forum, (I have been lurking and never actually posted anytihng ever on 2600 forums till now) And they have to sell more than one copy cause seems theres not enough interest?? I was checking this thread every day thinking I could miss it by minutes or hours if I missed the release...I bought my copy.. Maybe if people supported the programmers more than they would get the "games they want for there collection/obsession"