1387 replies to this topic

#551 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Greetings, Avatar!

• Topic Starter
  • 30,184 posts

Posted Fri Mar 9, 2012 10:17 AM

Progress!

I received a teaser batch of finished Boulder Dash boxes in the mail today! Just snapped some photos, along with a Boulder Dash cart for comparison. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy!

..Al

#552 bfstats OFFLINE  

bfstats

Moonsweeper

• 430 posts

Posted Fri Mar 9, 2012 10:38 AM

Just HEARING from YOU is a tease, Albert!

#553 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Greetings, Avatar!

• Topic Starter
  • 30,184 posts

Posted Fri Mar 9, 2012 10:41 AM

Just HEARING from YOU is a tease, Albert!

Yeah, well, just started a new job this week, which will afford me more time to play on AtariAge, and plans are afoot to make some much-needed improvements to the core site as well. But, first, I need to catch up on AtariAge orders and of course get all these copies of Boulder Dash shipped! Can't wait to get these into everyone's hands, Thomas and Andrew really hit this one out of the park!

..Al

#554 bennybingo OFFLINE  

bennybingo

Quadrunner

• 5,606 posts
  • Wasting my life...one Shatner at a time.

Posted Fri Mar 9, 2012 10:42 AM

It looks amazing!!! Thank you to everyone who has worked so hard to make this game a reality!

#555 bfstats OFFLINE  

bfstats

Moonsweeper

• 430 posts

Posted Fri Mar 9, 2012 11:21 AM

...just started a new job this week, which will afford me more time to play on AtariAge, and plans are afoot to make some much-needed improvements to the core site as well. But, first, I need to catch up on AtariAge orders and of course get all these copies of Boulder Dash shipped! Can't wait to get these into everyone's hands, Thomas and Andrew really hit this one out of the park!

..Al

I agree that Boulder Dash looks exceptionally well done, and will be an historic addition to the Atari library.

Glad you're "still with us", Sir. And congrats on the new job!

#556 cncfreak OFFLINE  

cncfreak

Chopper Commander

• 240 posts

Posted Fri Mar 9, 2012 1:16 PM

That is one spiffy box and cart. Can't wait for this to ship so i can play it.

#557 Thomas Jentzsch OFFLINE  

Thomas Jentzsch

Thrust, Jammed, SWOOPS!, Boulder Dash

• 18,775 posts
  • Always left from right here!

Posted Fri Mar 9, 2012 1:20 PM

Oh oh! Someone who announces to open the box and play the game:

@Al: Plan B, put a real cart into his box. :)

#558 Miss 2600 OFFLINE  

Miss 2600

River Patroller

• 2,353 posts

Posted Fri Mar 9, 2012 5:25 PM

If only there was a way to play the game yet leave the box in unopened condition. :ponder:

#559 Nathan Strum OFFLINE  

Nathan Strum

Quadrunner

• 5,957 posts
  • Flickering

Posted Fri Mar 9, 2012 5:27 PM

If only there was a way to play the game yet leave the box in unopened condition. :ponder:

Buy two.

#560 Miss 2600 OFFLINE  

Miss 2600

River Patroller

• 2,353 posts

Posted Fri Mar 9, 2012 6:45 PM

Buy two.

I was pondering a Houdini trick, but, yeah, that would work, too :)

#561 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Greetings, Avatar!

• Topic Starter
  • 30,184 posts

Posted Fri Mar 9, 2012 7:20 PM

There are no plans (yet) to seal the box in any fashion, so you can open the box, play the game and then put the game back in the box. :)

..Al

#562 Rubio80 OFFLINE  

Rubio80

Space Invader

• 36 posts

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:38 AM

I´m new here and couldn´t resist to buy Boulder Dash so I just pre-ordered and paid for one copy.

The packaging looks amazing and I´m sure the game is even better, thanks to everybody involved in this release. :)

#563 fernando marrin OFFLINE  

fernando marrin

Dragonstomper

• 599 posts

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:11 AM

when? wheeeen?
it was promised for christmass , 3 months from now!

#564 Thomas Jentzsch OFFLINE  

Thomas Jentzsch

Thrust, Jammed, SWOOPS!, Boulder Dash

• 18,775 posts
  • Always left from right here!

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:21 AM

I guess 1st half of April, but Albert might estimate better.

#565 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Greetings, Avatar!

• Topic Starter
  • 30,184 posts

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:26 PM

I guess 1st half of April, but Albert might estimate better.

That's pretty reasonable. Still waiting on the boxes, and just need to get manuals printed. After I have these in hand, I will be able to start shipping carts out en masse.

..Al

#566 Miss 2600 OFFLINE  

Miss 2600

River Patroller

• 2,353 posts

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:00 PM

How about an estimated shipping date of April 1, just to mess with people's minds? :lol:

#567 Pioneer4x4 OFFLINE  

Pioneer4x4

River Patroller

• 2,014 posts
  • Atari + R.O.B. = Completed

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:26 PM

How about an estimated shipping date of April 1, just to mess with people's minds? :lol:

Please no, and no announcements on April 1 either.

#568 fernando marrin OFFLINE  

fernando marrin

Dragonstomper

• 599 posts

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:45 PM

Still waiting for months albert...

#569 Dino OFFLINE  

Dino

River Patroller

• 3,362 posts

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:57 PM

Unfortuantely that's the way these projects go. These people aren't making any real money for their efforts, so these projects just get finalised in their spare time. If they were getting paid market rates for their development and release time, then we could all be more demanding, but as it is, we just have to be patient.

#570 HatNJ OFFLINE  

HatNJ

Stargunner

• 1,395 posts
  • When Im on Im on when Im off Im WAY off

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:18 PM

Exactly what Dino Said Lets be happy we get updates and they are doing this right and producing a quality product Remarks like "Still waiting for months albert..." do not make things go any faster and there have been cases with other others that have said screw it on finishing projects due to comments from selfish impatient people.

#571 Andrew Davie OFFLINE  

Andrew Davie

Stargunner

• 1,583 posts
  • Dr.Boo

Posted Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:57 AM

Yep, it's late. Nobody wanted that, and it certainly wasn't intentional. Sorry. But I just don't get it... your motive....
If you're unhappy about paying for it and not getting it, no problem. You won't be out of pocket. I'll happily buy your "place" off you for more than you paid for it. There are, after all, only 250 available.
You just have to ask for a refund, and problem solved. You didn't do that, so it seems what you really wanted to do was to complain and... what?
We haven't been idle, and I'm happy to say that the manual is just fantastic. 20 pages, with an extensive commentary from Thomas and myself.
The boxes are amazing, printed, and should be in Al's hand in a matter of days. Production/delivery is really close.
Thank you to everyone who HAS been patient. I'm really sure that you'll be happy with your purchase. I expect this to be a sought-after classic.
Those who don't want to wait any longer -- don't. Contact Al or myself for a full refund. Personally I'll be buying all the spare copies I can.
Cheers
A

#572 Bill Loguidice OFFLINE  

Bill Loguidice

River Patroller

• 2,280 posts
  • Armchair Arcade Managing Director

Posted Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:00 PM

do not make things go any faster and there have been cases with other others that have said screw it on finishing projects due to comments from selfish impatient people.

To be fair, that's also completely wrong saying "screw it" on finishing projects due to people wanting to know a status. If you engage in even a modest commercial effort, there is a responsibility for regular updates and assurances, particularly if people have pre-paid. Luckily, we've gotten that in this situation. Sadly, that is not necessarily the norm.

#573 maiki OFFLINE  

maiki

Dragonstomper

• 537 posts

Posted Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:20 PM

This has happened so many times to commercial games, and is happening and will happen. A part of life.

#574 littleman jack OFFLINE  

littleman jack

Stargunner

• 1,338 posts
  • One day I will build tube amps.

Posted Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:37 PM

How many copies are left? How long might it be for sale? And how long Andrew D. will you wait before you swoop in and buy the extra copies? I do want to buy it, but I'll have to do some juggling. It looks amazing, and one of Andrew's other games, Qb, is one of my favorite 2600 games of all.

#575 Jinks OFFLINE  

Jinks

Stargunner

• 1,532 posts

Posted Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:10 PM

You guys must never put money on the 7800 xm then i think i plunked down 100.00 in 09.. At least there is lots of updates here and i am sure it will be in my canadian hands in april may time it goes thru the post.. which is all fine...the xm maybe july-dec.. they have no timeframe.. i sure hope this year..its the way homebrew goes..four months off due date is NOTHING TO BE WORRIED ABOUT..

Edited by Jinks, Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:13 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Boulder Dash

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users