IGNORED

Atari 2600 Boulder Dash (R) Announced!

Albert

Just HEARING from YOU is a tease, Albert!

Yeah, well, just started a new job this week, which will afford me more time to play on AtariAge, and plans are afoot to make some much-needed improvements to the core site as well. But, first, I need to catch up on AtariAge orders and of course get all these copies of Boulder Dash shipped! Can't wait to get these into everyone's hands, Thomas and Andrew really hit this one out of the park!

..Al

• Like 3

...just started a new job this week, which will afford me more time to play on AtariAge, and plans are afoot to make some much-needed improvements to the core site as well. But, first, I need to catch up on AtariAge orders and of course get all these copies of Boulder Dash shipped! Can't wait to get these into everyone's hands, Thomas and Andrew really hit this one out of the park!

..Al

I agree that Boulder Dash looks exceptionally well done, and will be an historic addition to the Atari library.

Glad you're "still with us", Sir. And congrats on the new job!

Oh oh! Someone who announces to open the box and play the game:

@Al: Plan B, put a real cart into his box. :)

If only there was a way to play the game yet leave the box in unopened condition. :ponder:

There are no plans (yet) to seal the box in any fashion, so you can open the box, play the game and then put the game back in the box. :)

..Al

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting for months albert...

Unfortuantely that's the way these projects go. These people aren't making any real money for their efforts, so these projects just get finalised in their spare time. If they were getting paid market rates for their development and release time, then we could all be more demanding, but as it is, we just have to be patient.

Still waiting for months albert...

Exactly what Dino Said Lets be happy we get updates and they are doing this right and producing a quality product Remarks like "Still waiting for months albert..." do not make things go any faster and there have been cases with other others that have said screw it on finishing projects due to comments from selfish impatient people.

Yep, it's late. Nobody wanted that, and it certainly wasn't intentional. Sorry. But I just don't get it... your motive....

If you're unhappy about paying for it and not getting it, no problem. You won't be out of pocket. I'll happily buy your "place" off you for more than you paid for it. There are, after all, only 250 available.

You just have to ask for a refund, and problem solved. You didn't do that, so it seems what you really wanted to do was to complain and... what?

We haven't been idle, and I'm happy to say that the manual is just fantastic. 20 pages, with an extensive commentary from Thomas and myself.

The boxes are amazing, printed, and should be in Al's hand in a matter of days. Production/delivery is really close.

Thank you to everyone who HAS been patient. I'm really sure that you'll be happy with your purchase. I expect this to be a sought-after classic.

Those who don't want to wait any longer -- don't. Contact Al or myself for a full refund. Personally I'll be buying all the spare copies I can.

Cheers

A

• Like 1

do not make things go any faster and there have been cases with other others that have said screw it on finishing projects due to comments from selfish impatient people.

To be fair, that's also completely wrong saying "screw it" on finishing projects due to people wanting to know a status. If you engage in even a modest commercial effort, there is a responsibility for regular updates and assurances, particularly if people have pre-paid. Luckily, we've gotten that in this situation. Sadly, that is not necessarily the norm.

How many copies are left? How long might it be for sale? And how long Andrew D. will you wait before you swoop in and buy the extra copies? I do want to buy it, but I'll have to do some juggling. It looks amazing, and one of Andrew's other games, Qb, is one of my favorite 2600 games of all.

You guys must never put money on the 7800 xm then i think i plunked down 100.00 in 09.. At least there is lots of updates here and i am sure it will be in my canadian hands in april may time it goes thru the post.. which is all fine...the xm maybe july-dec.. they have no timeframe.. i sure hope this year..its the way homebrew goes..four months off due date is NOTHING TO BE WORRIED ABOUT..

Edited by Jinks