IGNORED

Atari 2600 Boulder Dash (R) Announced!

Albert

How many copies are left? How long might it be for sale? And how long Andrew D. will you wait before you swoop in and buy the extra copies? I do want to buy it, but I'll have to do some juggling. It looks amazing, and one of Andrew's other games, Qb, is one of my favorite 2600 games of all.

I'm still hoping to get one. But seeing I just got a cib Mangia' for $250, I have to wait a bit now.

heck, I've been following this since back when AD asked for game concepts for the tile engine since he couldn't get the rights to boulder dash and I would have pre-paid then and still be happy now. This project has had a LOT more correspondence frequency than many others I have waited on (*cough* kablammo *cough,) I am just plain happy and grateful!

Amazing, amazing work, Andrew and Thomas. You guys are rockstars. Congrats on the licensing and producing a mind-blowingly authentic Boulder Dash experience for the humble 2600. :) It's a technical marvel, not to mention one of my favorite games growing up.

I really miss you guys from the old list.

-Lee

do not make things go any faster and there have been cases with other others that have said screw it on finishing projects due to comments from selfish impatient people.

To be fair, that's also completely wrong saying "screw it" on finishing projects due to people wanting to know a status. If you engage in even a modest commercial effort, there is a responsibility for regular updates and assurances, particularly if people have pre-paid. Luckily, we've gotten that in this situation. Sadly, that is not necessarily the norm.

I guess that was a bit harsh I can see asking on status updates in that way IF there were not too many updates like once every few months after taking pre-order money but for this thats updated frequently reminding the Boulder Dash team its 3 months late is not necessary

the problem is not a 3 month delay, indeed

it's that it was promoted as the ultimate retro gift for christmas...

and

Was trying to contact Albert, Because my Atari 5200 carts order is pending for a couple of months.

i know about the new job and all

but come on !

is it so difficult to ship a pair of carts?

does it take months?!

the dispute was done at the end of the 40 days limit

after lots of emails with no response

do you have some spare time now?

You escalated the dispute to a claim immediately, and your payment was refunded to you 11 days later.

Screen Shot 2012-03-22 at 7.38.39 PM.png

I'd appreciate it if we could stick to the topic at hand, Boulder Dash.

..Al

I bet if First Star mentioned this release on their Boulder Dash site it would finish selling out pronto! There would surely be some crossover interest from fans of BD on other platforms.

On a side note, the 2600 version was mentioned in the Wikipedia entry for Boulder Dash, last time I looked.

Are we going to have a boulderdash high score comp when we get these carts in our hands guys ? I am really really looking forward to opening my first new atari 2600 boxed game since I was 12 :-)

Oh, I'm sure there will be one. It's just a matter who is going to start it. :D

I can post a brief update: The boxes have been received from the printer and they look great! I've also received another secret bonus for everyone who purchased a copy of the game. Wish I could show pictures of that, but it'll have to wait (along with the other secret item I mentioned in a previous message). Things are coming along nicely, and the manual is nearly done.

As Thomas alluded to, two members of the team have had family issues come up that have (naturally) taken priority over this project. This has slowed us down a bit the past few weeks, but we should be able to wrap this up soon and start shipping games!

..Al

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...