IGNORED

Atari 2600 Boulder Dash (R) Announced!

Albert

will the final cart be encripted?

if not i will dump it to play on the H2 :grin:

i thought you were not getting one?

H2 is a letter/number. not anything you can buy as of now.

mine was on of the first orders, early december

H2 wil eventually be released, i can wait... :grin:

Edited by fernando marrin

Now that this 10+ year project of Atari 2600 Boulder Dash ® is about to ship, has there been any discussion of games (classic or original) that can be made with this display kernel?

Yes, Andrew had asked about that maybe one or two years ago. IIRC you can find that in the BD forum here on AA.

I purchased a second copy of BD. :-D If they could be shipped together, that would be awesome!

To the developers; if you guys wouldn't mind(when you have the time, of course), could I pose a few questions for an article for my website about the whole BD project? I do a weekly article called "RetroTechnoBabble", and plan on doing a full review of Boulder Dash for the 2600. A short interview would be awesome to include. :)

Iggy*SJB' timestamp='1336180285' post='2515487']

To the developers; if you guys wouldn't mind(when you have the time, of course), could I pose a few questions for an article for my website about the whole BD project? I do a weekly article called "RetroTechnoBabble", and plan on doing a full review of Boulder Dash for the 2600. A short interview would be awesome to include. :)

OK for me. Probably the best is to start a personal conversation with Andrew and me.

• Like 1

It's cool to see both the Atari Age logo and First Star logo on the manual in the spirit of cooperation for this long awaited 2600 game.

Maybe next we will see the same with someone like Activision (and before someone trashes me remember Halo 2600 with Ed) or even Atari (the current incarnation).

I truly think that Al is on to something with the co-branding!

Bah, real people use 110# 18pt ultra gloss. :P ;) (And to think, before working in my current job, I wouldn't even know what any of that meant.....I know too much about paper now.) Very excited to be getting my copy soon! :thumbsup:

You're more than welcome to photocopy your copy of the manual onto 110# 18pt ultra gloss.

..Al

I'm amazed first star allowed the co-branding. Mighty sporting of them :thumbsup:

Agreed! Certainly more than can be said of this new re-incarnation of 'Atari' we have seen lately..... :| Perhaps this will bring forward some other comparable sized developers in terms of interest in the homebrew scene....I see nothing but good coming from this awesome release.