IGNORED

Atari 2600 Boulder Dash (R) Announced!

Albert

I been talking with FSS. It seems thats its everything about collectors, money and Ebay... Its not about gaming...

---

I'm sorry to say that since we promised the original purchasers of the Atari 2600 version of Boulder Dash that there would only be a limited production of 250 cartridges we need to honor that promise despite the continued requests for us to produce more.

We agree that Andrew and Thomas did an AMAZING job getting the game to work as well as they did on the 2600 and greatly appreciate your kind words and continued interest in Boulder Dash.

---

I can tell from the response you got from FSS, that you got a response from the owner, Mr. Spitany. And how you come to the conclusion that the game was only purchased by 'collectors' is beyond me. Do you think people staked out the aa site just to snap up this game and disappear? A deal on how many carts would be produced had to be made, and thats that. Stop calling sour grapes and get over it man. Ya win some, ya lose some. The game was available for almost a year. Save some cash and keep your eye on ebay.

Says to me the site is banned in my country

The Illuminati usually tries to hide the fact that they own every country in the world, but I guess they don't care when it comes to your country. :D

Try this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor#Predictions

^

Too true. A license is a license but for people coming late to the table and who didn't follow the development of the game I can see why they don't quite grasp it. I suppose if the game was an 'proper' Atari sanctioned commercially released limited edition from 1983 folk wouldn't get so upset. After all, when Bungie puts out the latest Halo limited edition nobody questions it. There again, their definition of limited edition is slightly different to mine!

I'm sure this has been brought up before and I don't mean to flog a dead horse but perhaps there could be a way that the ROM image could be sold as a digital download from the FSS site or something? Just a thought. :)

^

Too true. A license is a license but for people coming late to the table and who didn't follow the development of the game I can see why they don't quite grasp it. I suppose if the game was an 'proper' Atari sanctioned commercially released limited edition from 1983 folk wouldn't get so upset. After all, when Bungie puts out the latest Halo limited edition nobody questions it. There again, their definition of limited edition is slightly different to mine!

I'm sure this has been brought up before and I don't mean to flog a dead horse but perhaps there could be a way that the ROM image could be sold as a digital download from the FSS site or something? Just a thought. :)

I will not allow it. Blame me if you like. It was made very clear to the purchasers of the 250 units that their purchase value would not be diluted by a subsequent re-release or binary release.

Those 250 units are *it*. There will never be any more. Matter of honouring one's word and all that. Let's move on, huh? Anyone who wants a copy will have to wait until one comes up for sale, and pay market value.

Next time there's a similar offering, don't let copies sit on the shelf for a year, unsold! Those who came late; that's how limited releases work. Be in early for the next one.

• Like 1