IGNORED

Display question

Robocop2

So I traded for a lynx the other day and I'm happy to be back in the lynx world since my last time here was about 17 years ago. My only question is really something about the backlighting. When I first started up my new-used lynx, I noticed that the backlight is brighter on the right side than it is on the left side no matter what brightness its set at. The guy I traded with says its always been that way since he bought it so I figured no big deal right? Well I research it out here and can't find anyone else who has experience with this problem and I know that the ones I've seen screenshots of in the past don't look like that so I decide to pop it open and take a look to see if something is out of place perhaps (there is a slight overlay of what I suppose is the rubber insulator for the LCD to the outer case on the left side that obstructs maybe an 1/8th of an inch. I pop off the back and notice a few extra wires soldered in several places and lo and behold once I take the mobo off I see that it has had an LED mod installed. So I'm thinking that's a pretty cool deal but my real question is why would it be noticeably brighter on the right than it is on the left? I'd like to fix it if I could because it does kind of mess with me visually.

Anyone have any experience with LED modded little cats? I'm too afraid to start poking around inside of the system without some outside input.