IGNORED

Nyan Cat ;)

emkay

Oh noes!! A C64 freak coding an A8 demo!!! ;)

Final xex in a couple of days. Just adding another anim frame that I missed when I converted them because the animated gif I was working from was screwed, and making sure it all works properly on NTSC. Been kinda busy the last few days so not had chance to do those last couple of things.]

Thanks to Miker for the music. :)

Check out the C64 Nyan.... Oh dear. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTevgtyYbpc

:twisted:

Oh dear, if it will be started by someone else then why not me?

First the Miker Music put the C64 SID Miles away...

Second I prefer our large cat then that small one

(no one can say that GR.10 was the only way to get it on A8 and PeteD sure get it in a very good looking way with just the nº of colours that is need in this one.

And it's always good to see something in GR.10, a not very used GR. Mode...)

It's started right now...

:-D

That C64 version needs a lot of rework ;)

One funny plot is that the melody alsways sound like a cat that sings "nyan" ;)

Look at the plus 4 version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yphs-Vhye_g

At least, listening to the Plus4 version it really sounds so speedy that I would called it 'NTSC Plus +4 version'

A8 and C16 have more with the original:

There are lots of White Stars moving around and even touching the cat , or simulate they do...

On C64 there's a large screen with just some starts and the cat it's so small that all the sky seems soo empty...

Of course that's no War just the way I see it because I think that we all know that C64 could do i a lot better!...

At least, listening to the Plus4 version it really sounds so speedy that I would called it 'NTSC Plus +4 version'

Have you realized the digi tune in that version?

On the final they explain: "9237Hz 2channels mixed in realtime..."

I don't know anything about Music stuff and the first thing that it cames into my mind it's that it doesn't seem to be a really C16 or some other trick...

You sure can explain it, right?

Edited by José Pereira

Have you realized the digi tune in that version?

On the final they explain: "9237Hz mixed in 2channels..."

I don't know anything about Music stuff and the first thing that it cames into my mind it's that it doesn't seem to be a really C16 or some other trick...

You sure can explain it, right?

Not exactly. The +4 has also heavy DMA load. It differs from the A8.

It's just like "put the sound properly between the DMA time". Use a fraction of the CPU cycles , so they never will interfere.

OK, maybe I've been living in a cave, but I'd never seen Nyan cat before. I did a google search to find out more about it and I can't believe it's had 4 million youtube views. I mean what's the big deal. I don't think its all that creative or cute or anything else for that matter. Maybe someone can chime in and tell me what people find so appealing about it that it's had that many hits???

Bob

I'm not overly keen on it myself but José seemed to be suffering without an A8 version so I thought I'd do one :) (It's all your fault José lol)

Credits apart then because I am always 'suffering from don't get anything'...

O.k. now I am thinking and have to found what's the next crazy animal going on Retro...

Edited by José Pereira

listening to all the versions it seems some of the ports did not capture the cat sound in the music which is what helped make this interesting in the first place... Must've got lost in the pop tart cat, star field and music notes and not realized the meow nyan sound of the digi synth.

the c+4 an a8 seem nice... must have synth neow meow nyan sound must must lol