IGNORED

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim discussion

moycon

ok.. I have a question for my son.

He is playing some mission in greybeard? That is what he told me. Where he is trying to get some horn.. But the lady he is supposed to talk to keeps on attacking him and he is not sure why she keeps on attacking him.

He did mention killing a chicken in the town and after he did that she started attacking him..

Not sure if that is all correct.. but that is what he told me.

He did mention killing a chicken in the town and after he did that she started attacking him..

If you kill someones animal that could make the people mad.

I'll assume he wasn't armed when he talked to her, sometimes people will stop attacking if you drop your arms.

You might check to see if he has a bounty on him in one of the holds. I once killed a goat wandering in the mountains and it must have belonged to someone, because it counted against me as a crime in the near-by hold. (Which really wasn't even very near-by from what I remember) If he has any crimes he hasn't addressed. Tell him to turn himself in and pay the fines. Maybe that will stop her from attacking.

After about 280 hours or so, I have finished what I wanted to finish in Skyrim. I would say I got my money's worth.

To contrast the time I crunched on that game, I played LA Noire for about 3 hours, and it says I already finished 21% of the game. Surely, there are differences.

If you kill someones animal that could make the people mad.

I'll assume he wasn't armed when he talked to her, sometimes people will stop attacking if you drop your arms.

You might check to see if he has a bounty on him in one of the holds. I once killed a goat wandering in the mountains and it must have belonged to someone, because it counted against me as a crime in the near-by hold. (Which really wasn't even very near-by from what I remember) If he has any crimes he hasn't addressed. Tell him to turn himself in and pay the fines. Maybe that will stop her from attacking.

Thanks.. paying the bounty cleared things up for him. Now the only thing he is mentioning is the occasional lock ups.

I recently went back to Skyrim, I tried Dark Souls, Two Worlds 2, and Kingdom of Amalur Reckoning and other than Dark Souls none of them held my interest for very long but sadly due to the difficulty of Dark Souls I couldn't get far but it is still a good game it's just my reflexes aren't up to the task of dealing with the combat system in Dark Souls.

Two Worlds Two was slightly better than the original but stil very boring.

Kingdom of Amalur is well detailed with vibrant and interesting graphics, easy to use combat system and interesting magic system but the big problem? Too linear! You can't stray from the trails and there is very little exploration of the beautiful world they created in game. Worst of all? No jumping except at pre defined spots and also when you reach the end of the long tedious dungeon crawl (and this gets old fast) you have to walk all the way back there is no convenient exit.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright.. another problem cropped up. My son has an invisible follower? From the way he explained it.. when you have a follower if you somehow lose them they will appear next to you when you move from area to area. But this is not happening.. So he cannot tell the follower to stop following.

If he talks to someone else they will say. It appears you have someone with you.

Hints? Suggestions?

Thanks.

Alright.. another problem cropped up. My son has an invisible follower? From the way he explained it.. when you have a follower if you somehow lose them they will appear next to you when you move from area to area. But this is not happening.. So he cannot tell the follower to stop following.

If he talks to someone else they will say. It appears you have someone with you.

Hints? Suggestions?

Thanks.

No suggestions, but I had a Skeever following me around. It never attacked me and none of the NPC noticed it. Was there every time I fast travelled to somewhere else. There it would wait, and when I was done with whatever, and fast travelled somewhere else, it was right behind me. I think it eventually got toasted by a dragon that was waiting for me.

Well that is where I'm a little confused StanJr.. it sounds like he was saying that he had a follower but does not know what happened to them. I presume that followers cannot be killed off? He did mention that usually when he lost track of them that fast travelling would cause them to catch up to him. But he says that this is not happening and that he cannot get any new followers because they make it sound like he already has a follower.

Sounds a bit odd to me. Just did not know if anyone had that happen to them or not.

Well that is where I'm a little confused StanJr.. it sounds like he was saying that he had a follower but does not know what happened to them. I presume that followers cannot be killed off? He did mention that usually when he lost track of them that fast travelling would cause them to catch up to him. But he says that this is not happening and that he cannot get any new followers because they make it sound like he already has a follower.

Sounds a bit odd to me. Just did not know if anyone had that happen to them or not.

Has he fast traveled to a stable? I had a problem with followers not following me, then I discovered that they were standing around the nearest stable like a freakin' horse. Any time I lose a follower, I fast travel to a stable to catch up with them again or walk to the stable from the town I just fast traveled to.

ok my son is pretty insistent that the follower was somehow killed when he got in a fight with some guards while in Isolation? Anywho I would presume (based on how I remember how Oblivion worked) that either the game would not allow followers to die.. or if they did then it would be smart enough to release them from the players duty.

Any more thoughts?

Thanks.

Any more thoughts?

You can tell a follower to wait. He may have inadvertantly done that if while walking around "talked" to his follower, and while trying to close the dialog window, instead told the follower to stay put.

That would explain why he is no longer fast travelling with your son. I think though if you wait long enough, the follower should eventually go home, and you'll get a message stating that. Maybe just have you son push the wait button and wait for a few days and see if the follower goes home.