IGNORED

2012 Midwest Gaming Classic March 24-25

Retro Rogue

Are there going to be Wet Girls at this event???

Only if you show up. (sorry you made that too easy)

lol

You making the trip this year Ax?

Then there would be an even bigger wet girl there...and u know I like em big!

God help me get to the midwest gaming classic and if u allow me the will to make it that far...please see to it that Ax doesnt pound me....lol!

Amen!

Atari 40th Anniversary Party - Ted Dabney and Howard Scott Warshaw To Speak

In honor of the Atari brand's 40th anniversary, Atari Co-Founder Ted Dabney and Atari game designer legend Howard Scott Warshaw will be speaking live via Skype at this year's Midwest Gaming Classic! Come celebrate 40 years of this iconic brand as part of the Midwest Gaming Classic's Atari 40th Anniversary Party series of events.

Ted Dabney, a crowd favorite last year, returns to tell the stories behind the early days of the brand and company he co-founded with Nolan Bushnell 40 years ago. Trailblazing the industry and medium of video games we all enjoy to this day, his stories and insight are unique and entertaining. Hear what it was like to get the arcade video games Computer Space and PONG created and in to arcades, and the trials and tribulations behind founding the first video game company - Atari!

Howard Scott Warshaw is a legend in video game history. Creating the immensely popular Atari 2600 game Yars' revenge, he went to program the very first move licenses in the industry - Raiders of the Lost Ark and the infamous E.T. Hear Howard tell the stories and details behind developing these games and others, as well as what it was like to be working at Atari in it's heyday. In addition, copies of Howard's popular video documentary Once Upon Atari will be available at a special show discount price!

Ted will be speaking at 2pm on Saturday the 24th, and Howard will be speaking at 2pm on Sunday the 25th.

In addition, join us the entire weekend in the Electronic Entertainment Museum's (E2M) Atari 40th Anniversary Party area. See the full spectrum of consoles and computers and more that Atari had to offer, while enjoying non-stop gaming fun! Also see many one of a kind items and paraphernalia. In addition, you'll get a chance to sign a special oversized birthday card to be presented directly to original Atari employees at their private 40th anniversary reunion party later this year. Don't miss this chance to thank them for all your great gaming memories!

Are there going to be Wet Girls at this event???

Only if you show up. (sorry you made that too easy)

lol

Sadly not this year, though I'd really like to it, just isn't going to happen.

I'm very disappointed. I was really looking forward to our annual hangout!

Edited by thanatos

Even though Ben Heckendorn himself will be stationed with his pinballs in the main hall this year, the benheck forum members continue the tradition of the Benheck.com experience. Stop on by downstairs for console mods, user created portables, console repair, and some cool stuff my MarshallH from retroactive.de; the 64drive, some fpga/vga video output I don't understand, and a home made proto of a game he is making.

If you have something that you want us to take a look at for repair, please post here what it is and what you think the problem might be so we can gather information before the show for a better outcome of success. I think we usually end up fixing about one or two things a year (last year I think it was a tapwave zodiac, of all things) but it doesn't hurt to have a look and hope for the best.

Even though Ben Heckendorn himself will be stationed with his pinballs in the main hall this year, the benheck forum members continue the tradition of the Benheck.com experience. Stop on by downstairs for console mods, user created portables, console repair, and some cool stuff my MarshallH from retroactive.de; the 64drive, some fpga/vga video output I don't understand, and a home made proto of a game he is making.

If you have something that you want us to take a look at for repair, please post here what it is and what you think the problem might be so we can gather information before the show for a better outcome of success. I think we usually end up fixing about one or two things a year (last year I think it was a tapwave zodiac, of all things) but it doesn't hurt to have a look and hope for the best.

Will miss the karaoke. There better be video of both Thanatos with his Salty Balls, and whatever Heck comes up with this year.

The MGC is looking for a few good men! (Or women!) We are looking to solidify help in two major areas at the show this year. If you love the show and have the time, we'd love to have you help with the show! And, you wouldn't miss a minute of the show itself! Here's what we need help with:

Wednesday Night @ 6:30pm - We need to pack up our truck full of show stuff! We could use the hand of two or three additional people this night to help us load the truck at two locations, travel to the hotel and unload the truck there. Generally, this takes about three hours.

Sunday Night @ 5pm - Guess what? We load the truck up of everything from the show, take it back to our two locations where we store stuff, and put it all away (or at least sort of away). The last few years, we have had a skeleton crew for this and it has taken far longer than it should. We'd like to get an additional 6-8 people for this.

If you can help with either of these things, please contact me ASAP through here via PM or email. I appreciate you considering it!

Im gonna be there! im kinda a drifter and might show up late friday night or early saturday morning. If anyone wants to share a room I could get yer cell numbers via pm, just pm me... I may be in need of a power nap?

No more bed space in my room but come prepared with a sleeping bag/etc ( and extra beer) and there is always a floor spot available, or maybe a couch if the room has one this year (seems to be hit or miss) we are an up late roudy bunch of geeks though, just a warning :)

• Like 1

Sadly not this year, though I'd really like to it, just isn't going to happen.

I'm very disappointed. I was really looking forward to our annual hangout!

Likewise. We'll miss you, buddy!

Jen sends her best. When she heard you weren't coming, she said "It's not MGC without Ax!" and insisted on driving down to Tennessee to find you and drag you up here before coming to her senses (I know, I was shocked to learn she had them!).

For anyone looking to pick up items from the Songbird booth such as Crystal Mines for the Nintendo DS, Robinon's Requiem for the Atari Jaguar, newly restocked Champ Rally and CyberVirus for the Atari Lynx, or the hard-to-find Telegames releases for the Jaguar, make your purchases right away on Saturday because:

1. Stock is limited for most items, in some cases only 1 or 2 of each title
  2. I am only running the booth for the first part of Saturday, then planning to relax the rest of the weekend :)

Songbird will also be to take direct credit card purchases this year -- first time ever! :) I'm pumped about the show, and look forward to meeting lots of familiar and new Atari fans on Saturday. See you there!

Im gonna be there! im kinda a drifter and might show up late friday night or early saturday morning. If anyone wants to share a room I could get yer cell numbers via pm, just pm me... I may be in need of a power nap?

I have an awesome suite at a different hotel nearby reserved, but since you're a dude, sorry.

Will miss the karaoke. There better be video of both Thanatos with his Salty Balls, and whatever Heck comes up with this year.

Really going to try to not make that happen for you. :)

• Like 1

crazy..that post may have just changed my mind....I could leave right after work friday and get to the hotel by about 2 or 3 am...? will you guys still be up by then? Im leaning on the fence of not going, but of course I could bring beer and a bag....!

We will only be there saturday, but if you are there sat night we got you covered! :)

I'm depressed right now, so have an extra good time and get me some nice pics. Know I'm really missing the chance to hang with you guys. Right now Marty is probably sweating bullets getting the museum ready. Hope you have a happy birthday even though it's a ton of work. You like this stuff or you wouldn't be doing it

AX

I ran into Parker earlier and he was looking for you. He sends his regards and wishes you could have made the trip (as we all do).