IGNORED

OPEN TAG: Your Favorite and Least Favorite SNES or GENESIS games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZIZFocWQM0

Of course those of you who had a Super Famicom or Megadrive feel free

to apply this tag accordingly! ;)

Just a quick and simple tag really but wanted to appeal to both the Nintendo and Genesis crowd. Let me know your favorite and least favorite Super Nintendo OR Sega Genesis Games! Depending on which console you had feel free to comment on Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis or BOTH! As always leave your comments in this video or even better a video response is always greatly appreciated ! THANKS!

Fave Genesis:

Sonic 1 & 2

Gunstar Heroes

Out Of This World

Insector X

NHL 97

Aladdin

Revenge Of Shinobi

Beyond Oasis

Earthworm Jim 1 & 2

Castle Of Illusion

ESWAT

Flashback

Ghouls 'N Ghosts

Ms. Pac-Man

Phantasy Star III & IV

Sword Of Vermillion

Space Harrier II

Starflight

Super Hang-On

Streets Of Rage 1 & 2

Tecmo NBA Basketball

Not many sucky ones.. a few:

Mike Ditka Power Football

Tommy Lasorda Baseball

Dark Castle

Shaq Fu

Deadly Moves

• Like 1

For the SNES

Favorite: Mortal Kombat II

This was a tough choice, as I love so many of them but as a kid this got the most play time. Loved it to death and always had friends to play it with.

Least favorite: Populous

I know the original PC version was a favorite to some, but the SNES version was godawful and as a kid it fustrated me to no end,

Genesis:

Favorite: Shining Force II

Loved this game, it is way I am such a huge RPG fan today.

Least favorite: Shaq Fu

Played it on Sega Channel, glad I did not pay money for an actual cart.

• Like 1

I don't understand what an "open tag" is? Is this some new internet term about which I am unaware?

Chris

A TAG is simply requesting specific person or persons to respond, an OPEN TAG as you might guess means it is free and open for anyone to respond. Pretty popular in the Youtube Gaming community as well as Youtube in general. That is all.

SNES

Favorite: F-Zero and Sim City are tied for #1

Least Favorite: Stunt Race

My brother got Stunt Race for his Birthday around 1995 or so (cant remember for sure but I know I was in high school) and by this time I was dating my current wife (yes we have been together for 17 years) and playing high school sports and drinking every night. So when I came home on a school night I would always sit down and play some SNES with my brothers.

Well I remember this game and remember back then hating it with a passion, I also remember my youngest brother always playing it for some crazy reason

Genisis

Favorite: Mortal Kombat and Hard Drivin (I know people hate this game but I loved it! The replay of your car crashing was so awesome, please tell me im not the only person who would try to crash on purpose all crazy to see who could get the most awesome replay?)

Least Favorite: Toe Jam and Earl Planet Funkotron (I have heard this game is loved by many, however I hated this ridiculous game, I tried to get into it but never could)

• Like 1

SNES:

Best: Street Fighter II Turbo

Spent so many hours with this one, especially the 2-player mode. Incredible game.

Worst: American Gladiators

I didn't own this game, but I played it before, and it's awful. It's basically just seven short mini-games, none of which are fun to play. And many of them are just button-mashing exercises. I feel bad for anyone who paid full price for this when it first came out (or any kids that may have received it for Christmas).

I was going to do a video but I just don't have time right now.

Favorite Genesis is easily Road Rash II and favorite SNES is Mr. Do with Tetris Attacks as a close 2nd.

Least favorite is probably the piss poor ports of Hard/Race Drivin on both systems. They really suck which is too bad because I love the arcade game.

• Like 1

Genesis-

Favorite- Sonic and Knuckles

Least- Arcade Classics

SNES-

Favorite- Super Mario All Stars

Least- NHL Stanley Cup

As far as the Genesis goes, I could have really gone with any of the platforming Sonic titles as I have enjoyed them all. Same goes with the SNES, I could have gone Super Mario World, but I really liked the revised versions of the NES classics. With my least favorites, it comes as a bit of a surprise. Normally I'm a big fan or arcade ports, but those found on the Genesis weren't done any justice IMO. As for NHL Stanley Cup, I've played hockey titles since the 2600 days and really like how they translate to consoles, but this one was just bad. There is no question how EA dominated the hockey genre for so long with stinkers like this being produced.

• Like 1

I don't understand what an "open tag" is? Is this some new internet term about which I am unaware?

Chris

A TAG is simply requesting specific person or persons to respond, an OPEN TAG as you might guess means it is free and open for anyone to respond.

I hate to pick nits but isn't it implied that, since this is a public forum, anyone can reply anyway? :?

• Like 1

If I restrict myself to three for each system:

SNES:

Most favorite: ActRaiser, Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid

Least favorite: Final Fight, Race Drivin', Rise of the Robots

Genesis:

Most favorite: Genesis 6-Pak (bit of a cheat there), Light Crusader, Sword of Sodan

Least favorite: Awesome Possum, Exile, Sword of Vermilion

• Like 2

I hate to pick nits but isn't it implied that, since this is a public forum, anyone can reply anyway? :?

Heh no problem, yes exactly but I was just answering the question and since it links to my Youtube video this is just how I choose to post it and handle it.

Posting here I could have just removed the OPEN TAG remark but ah well, I keep it this way hoping people will actually watch the video, go to Youtube and give me a response, no worries either way. Been great response overall.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 1

Hmm it's difficult to narrow it down and "best of" lists usually vary by mood, but right now I'd have to say...

SNES -

Favorite = Final Fantasy 6 (aka FF3) what could I say about this game that hasn't been said? It does what it does so excellently. Just about the perfect turn-based 16bit RPG.

Least Favorite = Populus what ever possessed me to buy this?

Genesis -

Favorite = Hard to pick just one but I'd probably have to go with The Lost Vikings for the extra levels, even though the SNES version has the best music.

Least Favorite = Fighting Masters, one of the most godawful and laughably broken games I've ever played. One of those "I want my $2.00 back!" kind of purchases.

Mark from Classic Game Room, who is usually fairly positive even about somewhat bad games, did it justice in his review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP7jl1__KJY

My favorite classic game series, since I don't think you could count Sly Cooper as classic yet (the first game in that series was released in 2002) is Castlevania. But while they're mostly excellent the Castlevania games on the SNES and Genesis aren't the best entries in the series.

Edited by Ratty
  • Like 1

For the Genesis, my "favorite" would have to be one of the Sonic series (although the exact one changes depending on what I'm playing). Sonic 2 is the one I find myself coming back to the most.

My "least favorite" is Dick Vitale's College Hoops, mainly because that's the one that always seems to clutter the bins in the few stores in my area which still carry Genesis games. That and any version of Madden Football.

• Like 2

I didn't play much SNES when it was popular. When I got an emulator for my cpu I played some terrific games!

Super Mario World

Mario Paint

Super Castlevania IV

Mega Man VII

Chrono Trigger

Clock Tower (with English translation patch)

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon- Another Story (actually quite a good RPG!)

Tenchi Muyo! (another great RPG!)

• Like 1