IGNORED

Gary Garcia Dies at age 63

Eltigro

Funny ... I was just wondering the other day what Jerry Buckner and Gary Garcia were up to these days. This weekend, I think I'll fire up Pac-Man Fever (I've got the original and their newer re-recorded version on CD) and my Atari 5200 and play a few rounds of Pac-Man, Frogger, Centipede, Donkey Kong, Defender, and Berzerk in his honor. It will be a nice way to break in my new 5200 trackball and joysticks from Best Electronics, too!

I listened to that album a million times in the 9th grade. A lot of people gave me awkward stares when I told them I was listening to songs from the 80's about video games :P. I just shrugged them off, and kept playing Space Harrier 2 on my GP2X Wiz. (Strangely, this was during the one time I actually had a girlfriend.)

RIP, Gary Garcia.

Edited by Animan

• 2 weeks later...

Weren't they supposed to be working on a new album with all new video<>game songs that was supposed to be released several years ago? Whatever happened to that project?

Never heard of that, although they recently did a song based on GiantBomb.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22e9fTHuCnk

A new album with songs based off of newer video games would have been awesome, though...

Odd, was just talking to a co-worker today about Pac-Man fever, and this is the first I'm hearing about him dying. RIP, man. My Pac-Man Fever vinyl album is right next to my comp desk, resting comfortably against a green monochrome monitor hooked up to my Tandy 1000.