IGNORED

XBOX Live account suspended (a warning and a rant)

Austin

This is why I will never put my credit card info on any of my systems. They should do away with using this option as a payment method and only use those gold or points cards. That is how i did it and always will do it. I never did care for their forced renewal policy and that is why i never used a CC for gold renewal or to buy DLC.

They can change it, its just that they don't want to.

The only thing i think you have to use a CC for is the on demand games. hell they can switch that to the MS point system as well.

Edited by madmax2069

I am concerned that the next gen xbox will not offer subscription and points cards. Their attitude with CC subscribers suggests to me that they intend to soak consumers for all we're worth, and one way to do that is to force everyone to put their CC info on any new console. In fact, I'm surprised that Microsoft hasn't already discontinued the subscription cards.

Remember when eBay required every member to input a credit card onto their account, even if you weren't a seller? I can see MS doing the same thing, and I can see xbox live gold service being mandatory in the next gen console. Think about this, what's the best way to finally get around users who have problems like Austin? Make gold service mandatory, and make the only way to pay with a credit card on file. Yes, I'm very concerned.

I don't know if I understand the issue here. If you cancel your subscription, then they don't charge your card. How is that soaking you for everything your worth??

Regarding mandatory gold, that's a possibility, but one that I highly doubt. I can't imagine that roadblocks would be put up to prevent people from buying DLC, which is basically what they would be doing by eliminating the Silver tier of Xbox Live.

Anything is possible, but I don't see anything they've actually done to suggest this.

Remember when eBay required every member to input a credit card onto their account, even if you weren't a seller? I can see MS doing the same thing, and I can see xbox live gold service being mandatory in the next gen console. Think about this, what's the best way to finally get around users who have problems like Austin? Make gold service mandatory, and make the only way to pay with a credit card on file. Yes, I'm very concerned.

pac man has truly gone nuclear. They'll never get rid of Xbox Live Free. For many people that just want to play games locally, play some demos, download some stuff, buy some arcade games, shop the indie games, etc., Xbox Live Free is more than enough. Heck, the Xbox is still the best LAN console out there and that's a great way to get around the Xbox Live Gold situation.

But for me, party chat alone seals the deal for me and makes Xbox Live Gold totally worth the $1-4/month. I spend more on a Starbucks drink than I do on Xbox Live Gold.

I am concerned that the next gen xbox will not offer subscription and points cards. Their attitude with CC subscribers suggests to me that they intend to soak consumers for all we're worth, and one way to do that is to force everyone to put their CC info on any new console. In fact, I'm surprised that Microsoft hasn't already discontinued the subscription cards.

This attitude has been there since day 1 when the only way to have an Xbox Live account was to have a valid credit card linked to it.

Considering that they changed that when the 360 was released and released points cards and made linking a CC to your account optional(You had subscription cards on the Xbox 1, but still had to link a credit card to your account), I don't see any reason to expect that they'd go back.

It was so successful that even Sony and Nintendo copied this concept.

• 4 weeks later...