IGNORED

Kjmann?

Atari8bitCarts

Last I saw Kjmann had changed the name of his website. Now on the link (http://atari-sales.com/) I had bookmarked this website. Any ideas?

Welcome to Atari Rage: The Retro Atari Store

Due to Kjmann Being Seriously Ill , Atari Rage will be closed until further notice.

Edited by chrislynn5

I wish Sal well and hope he makes a full recovery, there's been previous times when he's been ill so it would be very 'off' to claim to be seriously ill if not.

Diabetes is a very dangerous illness when it is full on, my thoughts are with him...Get well Sal..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 2

The only thing that I found strange was that just a couple weeks ago there was a posting on his website stating a company name change, and possibly a mgmt change. It appeared that someone else had taken over the website. Then it was down.

I don't think anyone would fake being sick but I really thought that he was getting "on the radar" and someone would shut the operation down. He must have upset many software companies and developers with what he was doing. I know BIll Hogue ask for him to stop selling Miner 2049'er.

Edited by chrislynn5

I agree on the piracy issue. I'm starting to see many Atarimax cartridges loaded with games being sold on ebay bundled with atari 800/800xl/1200xl computers or even "thrown" into cartridge common lots to spike the value of the auction...doesn't matter how you mask it! It's piracy and illegal and it devalues the original cartridges.

It's my opinion making backup copies for yourself is ok but when you start mass producing and seling on ebay for profit or on your own website it wrong. That is my 2 cents.

Edited by qix_maniac

im a friend and customer of sals and live near him and his girlfriend. they found black mold in their home recently and sal had a bad reaction to it and ended up in the hospital with pnumonia. during his stay in the hospital he devolped some dificultys with his diabetes. he is home now and seems to be a little better but i dont get over to see them much since im working. last time i saw him he was passing the time by doing some atari music on his laptop. he took the website down because he is not well enough to fill orders right now. nothing more.

brenda

Edited by AtariGuru
  • Like 2

I think it is a bloody shame that some people start that discussion about piracy and all that AGAIN.

Please leave that in the RIGHT topic; and do not start about that here.

This is a topic about the KJMANN's website, being offline due to health issues.

Get well soon Sal!

• Like 6

I think it is a bloody shame that some people start that discussion about piracy and all that AGAIN.

Get well soon Sal!

I agree with everything you said, Marius!

Get well soon Sal!

The problem is, we all get ill sometimes. Heavily ill, seeing the topic.

But it isn't funny, if someone puts his healthy problems to get a better attention (as he did in the past already) , or even tries to push the own mistaks behind it.

Even if I don't like what he's doing, I wish him the best and healthyness. In Germany we say "The best illness, is still bad" (Die beste Krankheit taugt nichts).