IGNORED

OSS BASIC XE manual Italian to English

hloberg

No problem. go ahead and post it. should be completely done in about a week.

Great - thank you! It was about the only one missing. Mind you, I've forgotten who created some of these PDFs so crediting them properly (let alone seeking permission to upload them) is going to be tricky. The Basic XL manual is from 8bitclassics. The MAC/65 one is an indexed PDF and I can't remember who put that together (several people, IIRC). I recall some heated discussions when folks started indexing other folks' PDFs a while back, and I don't want to tread on any toes.

I'm a bit short of Atari hardware manuals, but I think I have much of the ICD / OSS stuff covered. Nothing's been uploaded as yet.

No problem. go ahead and post it. should be completely done in about a week.

Great - thank you! It was about the only one missing. Mind you, I've forgotten who created some of these PDFs so crediting them properly (let alone seeking permission to upload them) is going to be tricky. The Basic XL manual is from 8bitclassics. The MAC/65 one is an indexed PDF and I can't remember who put that together (several people, IIRC). I recall some heated discussions when folks started indexing other folks' PDFs a while back, and I don't want to tread on any toes.

I'm a bit short of Atari hardware manuals, but I think I have much of the ICD / OSS stuff covered. Nothing's been uploaded as yet.

Don't worry about crediting me on this project and anyone who wants to modify the file can. when done I will upload the (none editable).pdf and the (editable)MS Word.

What manuals do you need? I have about 5gb worth of Atari documents. I might have what you need. Some I created, some downloaded from other sources.

Awesome. You going to do the MADS manual next? :grin:

LOL. I think I'll pass on that for now. 1st of the year coming up and I got houses to sell.

Will say, Google translate with Bing translate do a great job together.

Bing does a good job on the program lines and tech stuff while Google translate does a great job of the general stuff.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

FINISHED!!!!!!!!

OSS BASIC XE manual now has an English translation.

That turned out to be a whole lot easier than I thought.

Attached is the .PDF and the editable MS Word doc.

Anyone can edit the file at will. Upload to any sight you wish.

Have fun.

HLO

Nice effort, had I seen this thread earlier, I could have helped you by scanning my BASICXE manual. The actual manual is 118 pages + Appendices A to I.

I can't believe nobody at Atariage seems to have this manual (or maybe like me they haven't seen this thread)...

FINISHED!!!!!!!!

Have fun.

HLO

Nice effort, had I seen this thread earlier, I could have helped you by scanning my BASICXE manual. The actual manual is 118 pages + Appendices A to I.

I can't believe nobody at Atariage seems to have this manual (or maybe like me they haven't seen this thread)...

If you are in the mood to still scan in the manual I'll be glad to re-post it. A original (English) manual would be better than my translated one I put together.

By the way, I am doing a similar thing with the OSS DOS XL manual. got one of those?

FINISHED!!!!!!!!

Have fun.

HLO

If you are in the mood to still scan in the manual I'll be glad to re-post it. A original (English) manual would be better than my translated one I put together.

By the way, I am doing a similar thing with the OSS DOS XL manual. got one of those?

Nope I don't, but then again I never used DOS XL so I never needed the manual. As for scanning the Basic XE, since you now have a manual that's pretty close to the original I won't rush into scanning mine soon but I will make a note to do so when I have some spare time.

Edited by atari8warez

Nope I don't, but then again I never used DOS XL so I never needed the manual. As for scanning the Basic XE, since you now have a manual that's pretty close to the original I won't rush into scanning mine soon but I will make a note to do so when I have some spare time.

Glad to know that the version I created is close enough considering where it came from. I was concerned about some of the translation.

By the way, if you find any big mis-translations in the version I made, let me know and I'll post a corrected version.

No bother on the DOS-XL, I'll plug away and eventually finish it.

thx, HLO