Posted Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:34 AM

This game is closed....

#27 cparsley OFFLINE  

cparsley

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,805 posts

Posted Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:38 AM

So cparsley, at what level did it finally start back at level 1 again? I was curious at how many unique levels there are.

Unique is an interesting way to put it... Yes, it does start recycling boards on 16 and above (making for some quite interesting bonus rounds on levels it wasn't designed to be played on the bonus), but for a lot of them there is a lot more than just a palette swap for the level. A lot now have disappearing/reappearing floors where they didn't before, and even to move the ones that WERE there on the first trip thru. Also, pepper is just about 100% useless as the time the emeny stays in pepper form is next to non-existant, and kicking the ball to stack enemies repeatively is virtually a no-go as they come back from numbers before your original ball finishes rolling.

Level 30, (15 the 2nd time thru is a real doozy, placing disappearing/reappearing floors right at the ladder points, 100% blocking progress) I'll have to do a full diagram later of the repeats. :)

#28 IntellivisionDude OFFLINE  

IntellivisionDude

River Patroller

• 2,927 posts
  • INTV Brotherhood Member

Posted Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:29 PM

So cparsley, at what level did it finally start back at level 1 again? I was curious at how many unique levels there are.

Unique is an interesting way to put it... Yes, it does start recycling boards on 16 and above (making for some quite interesting bonus rounds on levels it wasn't designed to be played on the bonus), but for a lot of them there is a lot more than just a palette swap for the level. A lot now have disappearing/reappearing floors where they didn't before, and even to move the ones that WERE there on the first trip thru. Also, pepper is just about 100% useless as the time the emeny stays in pepper form is next to non-existant, and kicking the ball to stack enemies repeatively is virtually a no-go as they come back from numbers before your original ball finishes rolling.

Level 30, (15 the 2nd time thru is a real doozy, placing disappearing/reappearing floors right at the ladder points, 100% blocking progress) I'll have to do a full diagram later of the repeats. :)

That sounds wicked. Maybe in the future i'll attempt to get further myself.

#29 cmart604 ONLINE  

cmart604

Quadrunner

• 7,407 posts

Posted Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:27 AM

Stupidly, I didn't get a score in for this, a game I really like. While I may not have the playing skills of Dude and cparsley, my Diner collecting skills on the other hand..... ;) This is one of my favourite boxes, the artwork and color is awesome. Enjoy. :-D

Attached Thumbnails

• Red Hair Dylan and DIner 006.JPG

#30 IntellivisionDude OFFLINE  

IntellivisionDude

River Patroller

• 2,927 posts
  • INTV Brotherhood Member

Posted Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:16 AM

Stupidly, I didn't get a score in for this, a game I really like. While I may not have the playing skills of Dude and cparsley, my Diner collecting skills on the other hand..... ;) This is one of my favourite boxes, the artwork and color is awesome. Enjoy. :-D

I know what you mean, one of those boxes would look sweet on my shelf as well. |:)

#31 cparsley OFFLINE  

cparsley

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,805 posts

Posted Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:29 AM

So wait a minute, that "onion" is supposed to be a cherry!?!?!?! God graphics have gone a long way!

#32 gezkc OFFLINE  

gezkc

Chopper Commander

• 108 posts

Posted Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:09 PM

Only 5 copies?! ;)

I don't suppose you'd be interested in selling one of them? It's a game I've always been after.

#33 cmart604 ONLINE  

cmart604

Quadrunner

• 7,407 posts

Posted Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:46 PM

Only 5 copies?! ;)

I don't suppose you'd be interested in selling one of them? It's a game I've always been after.

Well, technically 6 counting the cart and manual one. :)

While I don't have an active sales thread, we here at Cmart Enterprises can usually be convinced to part with some of the hoard. Lol! I guess I need to figure out a fair price....

#34 IntellivisionGuy97 OFFLINE  

IntellivisionGuy97

Moonsweeper

• 275 posts

Posted Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:40 PM

I would like to get a Diner someday... :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users