IGNORED

Texas Chainsaw Massacre Alternate Version - Now with Pics and Video

I picked up both copies of TCM yesterday at the post office. All I have to say is both versions are awesome. Great job and I can't wait to see your next project. A Nightmare on Elm Street would be very cool.

Edited by Uppy

I don't own the code - It wasn't programmed by me - A finder or purchaser of a proto (myself) is usually able to do with it as they please. I sold the original proto, but have an agreement to do both a special edition and regular release. I'm just saying that if anyone wants something fun to do - they have an an opportunity to release their own regular release version of the game :)

If not - no worries, I will do a regular release as well.

Ah, I gotcha :) Yeah, if nobody technically "owns" the code then it's really wild west rules, anyone can do whatever they want.

Somebody is going to dump the rom eventually though, too many copies out there...

I personally would like a $20-$25 single cart version, I don't care who makes it and I don't care about a label, you want to slap a blank cart together for me Troy I'll give ya $20 just let me know

Thanks man! - Brian

I'm sure the owners or TCM and Halloween disagree with you logic

I don't think that's a can of worms you want to open up. So please drop it.

I'm not sure what your issue is with this release, but please stop trying to stir up trouble. Continue, and you will get put on mod preview.

I'm in if there is A Nightmare on Elm Street release.....heck with the quality and craftmenship put into the last two releases I'm in even if it's Elmo saves Sesame Street at this point........

PS - It would be sweet if any future Elm Street release was based on the old DOS game...much more creepy than the NES run.....

Any programmers out there with the love for elm street? Atari feels left out.

I'm throwing around a few ideas for the next project. This one will be extremely limited 5-10...It's called the halloween triple ender - Halloween, Halloween proto 1, and Halloween proto 2 all in one. And yes...It will fit inside a normal 2600 box. I could be wrong - but don't think it's been done.

Next is a regular run of the alternate TCMS (prob around 40-50 and signed) cart only (different label). I think price will be around $45-50. The first ten will be a blood edition... with blood over the label (of course a bit more expensive). Kind of like this..

510E38LIAyL_SS500_.jpg

I'm going to email a few people from the movies and see if I get a reply. Just throwing around ideas for unique releases.

I got my copy in the mail today, and I'm very pleased with it. This was my first time buying a homebrew off the atariage forums, and the quality is top notch, can't wait to sit down and play it. Only one issue, the led light fell off during shipping, and was rattling around the box. It still works though, so it should be easy to glue back on. Anyway, great job on this release, I'll definitely be interested in future releases. Also, is there anyway to get my hands on the previous Halloween release? I would love a copy of that.

• 2 years later...