IGNORED

Season 5 Round 12 *Super Cobra*

Well, I wish they'd fix it...maybe more people should email them...I will...

Thanks on the score. I may just go back to playing on the emulator again. I've been trying to play the real CV, but my hand is so sore from gripping the controller the last few days I've only been putting up scores of 70,000-80,000. I think I'm going to tear the frikin' nob off the controller one of these times. Yurkie may have to refurbish my refurbished joysticks...

Joe,

Yes, I've tried it in MESS with the same result. There is no gun. I actually reported this to the MESS team a long time ago and I think that it has to do with an error in the driver for Colecovision. It should be easily fixable but it hasn't been fixed yet. I've tried to reconfigure the keys but to no avail. I think this is the only game that does not work correctly in MESS for Colecovision. At least it's the only one that I've come across. It's too bad as I like MESS and use it a lot.

I like the ADAM emulation in MESS as well but they screwed up the ADAM emulation after version 141. I use version 141 and the ADAM emulation works quite well but alas Super Cobra does not work as it has garbled graphics on startup. I like the ADAM emulation because you can often use the mouse as the Roller Controller, etc.

Great score on Super Cobra, BTW.

Chuck

I have been informed that the problem with the 2nd fire button in MESS for ColecoVision has been fixed. If you compile your own program, it's available as of revision number 13551...otherwise you will have to wait for the v.144u3 to be released.

Well, I wish they'd fix it...maybe more people should email them...I will...

Thanks on the score. I may just go back to playing on the emulator again. I've been trying to play the real CV, but my hand is so sore from gripping the controller the last few days I've only been putting up scores of 70,000-80,000. I think I'm going to tear the frikin' nob off the controller one of these times. Yurkie may have to refurbish my refurbished joysticks...

Joe,

Yes, I've tried it in MESS with the same result. There is no gun. I actually reported this to the MESS team a long time ago and I think that it has to do with an error in the driver for Colecovision. It should be easily fixable but it hasn't been fixed yet. I've tried to reconfigure the keys but to no avail. I think this is the only game that does not work correctly in MESS for Colecovision. At least it's the only one that I've come across. It's too bad as I like MESS and use it a lot.

I like the ADAM emulation in MESS as well but they screwed up the ADAM emulation after version 141. I use version 141 and the ADAM emulation works quite well but alas Super Cobra does not work as it has garbled graphics on startup. I like the ADAM emulation because you can often use the mouse as the Roller Controller, etc.

Great score on Super Cobra, BTW.

Chuck

This is the kind of score one gets when one only has 20 mins to play in two weeks - agghhhhh.

Super Cobra - 161,540

And this is the kind of score one gets when he's unemployed and sits at home all day playing this @#%@ game!!!

Sorry to hear that - I hope you manage to find a job soon.

This is the kind of score one gets when one only has 20 mins to play in two weeks - agghhhhh.

Super Cobra - 161,540

And this is the kind of score one gets when he's unemployed and sits at home all day playing this @#%@ game!!!

Sorry to hear that - I hope you manage to find a job soon.

Technically I'm employed...but there isn't any work. The company I work for grades student tests. We used to be in a building with 400 computer stations...two years ago they moved to a new office with 25...they lost a lot of contracts...I think I probably worked three months last year. Don't know if they'll call us back this season or not...it would be February if they do...

Fortunately my wife makes a lot of money...and I have my own side business (a newspaper) which brings in a little.

• Like 1