IGNORED

The Byte Before Christmas Label Contest!

Byte Knight

Finally managed to get the password to these forums to stick (please stop using Javascript login boxes). Anyway, I'll try and rustle the other involved in this from their slumber - assuming Albert is done moving we should be able to get this off the ground this year.

edit: If any of the devs are reading this, check out the secret forum :)

Edited by Tjoppen

I'm confused... Is this getting released for Christmas 2012 or not? IMO, the Christmas wrap boxart looks awesome! If this is anything like Stella's Stocking (my first Atari homebrew), I'll want one! :grin:

I'll need to get Reindeer rescue as well at some point.

Edited by stardust4ever

I figured I would go traditional...putting the gift under the tree using the tree from the image of the game that was posted. I drew the Atari a while ago and had it on file, putting the name of the game on the cart and above the game, then working in the AA logo. I figure anyone familiar with the game will recognize the tree, and those not...well, it is your typical Atarii graphic in the background. The figure lined up nicely too.

I figured I would go traditional...putting the gift under the tree using the tree from the image of the game that was posted. I drew the Atari a while ago and had it on file, putting the name of the game on the cart and above the game, then working in the AA logo. I figure anyone familiar with the game will recognize the tree, and those not...well, it is your typical Atarii graphic in the background. The figure lined up nicely too.

Very cool label! Unfortunately the label contest winner was decided last year - the game just didn't make it out in time for Christmas last year. We probably should start a new and less-confusing thread...

I guess it would help if I read all the details of the thread too...LOL. I am a freelance commercial artist, so I could not help but jump on the opportunity. Some of you may have seen my work if you are model builders, and build pop culture items, like the Green Hornet car the Black Beauty. I did the art print that was included in the tin boxes.

post-33914-0-81440400-1350827177_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Chris,

I can't speak for the other contributors, but I'd personally rather the initial release of the collection be on cart with a manual. A heck of a lot of work has gone into the manual and packaging, and releasing a full rom in the summer months would take some of that shine away.

In the meantime, the most excellent Bell Hopper is already available. I also wouldn't be surprised if other tidbits didn't pop up when there's snow on the ground again.

-Mike

• 3 months later...